[Preview + Feedback] Digit June 2008 - 7th Anniversary Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digitized me!!
Well Digit is still the best tech mag available in d market.,,,there is no doubt about it...
but plz xplain that making the mag of 200rs n decreasing quality of the magzine papers!

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Digitized me!!
Well Digit is still the best tech mag available in d market.,,,there is no doubt about it...

Hi..

"dIGIT is still the best tech mag available in d market " - Please explain me in details...
if u clearly explain,, i will give Rs.1000 as gift....

ashishcrab

Right off the assembly line
uhh!!!!!
digit may getting worst day by day (sorry if anyone feel bad ) because in previous anniversary they give a hit movie "don" but this time there is no blockbuster movie even digit stated in may 08 issue that they give a movie so where is your promise????

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
I read the book yesterday and found that page no. 116, 117 and 118 wererepeated twice in my edition. Eitheer this is the special issue for me only or something weird is going on. :lol: I had to read it twice as you gave it to me for laying out more emphasis over 'Ad-hoc Networking', 'AutoHotkey Basics', & 'Flying Without Wings' :p

nihu

Broken In
I read the book yesterday and found that page no. 116, 117 and 118 wererepeated twice in my edition. Eitheer this is the special issue for me only or something weird is going on. :lol: I had to read it twice as you gave it to me for laying out more emphasis over 'Ad-hoc Networking', 'AutoHotkey Basics', & 'Flying Without Wings' :p

Same case for me too! By repeating 4 pages Digit has made some damage to environment.

toofan

Technomancer
They might have have tried to make the magazine look thicker.
And you should keep knife with ur self to read this special issue. as cutting of magazine is not done properly. Most of the page are together.
"you have to cut the already cut version of digit ."

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin

11. At starting this time they have the letters from us. One reveals a shocking truth for digit team which we all of us know.

take care. And "humko hamari purani digit lautado please."

Vimal Joshi

I just want to know what you mean by this statement?

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Hi..

"dIGIT is still the best tech mag available in d market " - Please explain me in details...
if u clearly explain,, i will give Rs.1000 as gift....
Tell me 5 reasons why it is NOT the best tech magazine??
Of course, the quality might have gone down recently, but there is no other magazine which comes close to digit. And from what i have observed, the style of writing and the presentation of the articles has changed. There is a lot of room for improvement. But, digit is the best tech magazine out there.
Digit Rocks.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Tell me 5 reasons why it is NOT the best tech magazine??

1. DVD Quality
2. Tips and Trick Section (its becoming general help sections instead of saying any "Trick" and "Tip")
3. Repitative information (no new tech updates)
4. Poor Web Site
5. useful contents page decreased.(

(bonus) 6. Just read PCWORLD, CHIP.. compare their mag with 2007 and 2008...
Where is my Digit of 2003-2006...
Just think..

toofan

Technomancer
A letter titled ridiculous has been printed in opinions|inbox column. he has accused u of something serious and he was replied by you all very well.
But I too have heard that some people(may be very few) changes the ratings of the product review in the Bazaar section ,when they were offered ads of that brands. That I have heard from a group of vendors discussing about a product which was reviewed. They told me about one such incident. They told me that they started their carrier reading digit but all of them has left doing so. The reason they gave me is that this magazine is not left as such as it was 2-3 years ago and doesn't have much to provide them now. But that time I just ignored that statement.
But that letter reminds me of that incident again. But I hope you all will be doing your work with total faith and truth(means Imandari i am not getting the word).
Best wishes and Please don't change the formate of Fast track.
Vimal Joshi

Last edited:

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
A letter titled ridiculous has been printed in opinions|inbox column. he has accused u of something serious and he was replied by you all very well.
But I too have heard that some people(may be very few) changes the ratings of the product review in the Bazaar section ,when they were offered ads of that brands. That I have heard from a group of vendors discussing about a product which was reviewed. They told me about one such incident. They told me that they started their carrier reading digit but all of them has left doing so. The reason they gave me is that this magazine is not left as such as it was 2-3 years ago and doesn't have much to provide them now. But that time I just ignored that statement.
But that letter reminds me of that incident again. But I hope you all will be doing your work with total faith and truth(means Imandari i am not getting the word).
Best wishes and Please don't change the formate of Fast track.
Vimal Joshi

Hi Toofan...

Already digit has lot of disappointments to me...
Plzzz Dont increase it..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi guys,
Plz.............again I'm requesting u all.........plz don't thrash them so badly. They might have done some wrong this time........just give them a chance to prove. Everybody needs a second chance, u, me everyone.......

I'm a subscriber of Digit and I've received their copy on 18th of this month. I'm not angry as I've received it anyway. I just don't mind about d delay as its d contents dat compensate all d wait.
C, i'm a subscriber of PC world too. Their service is good, means I get d mag on 1st to 3rd of every month, but they are not up-to d mark of Digit. In some(i'l say quite a few areas they are still following Digit). I read Chip too from my office library..........as we all know about Chip-->Digit story.....I can still find similarities b/w these two. Articles are more standard in Digit.
DVD contents???? Oh come on...........Should DVD contents be an issue to get angry over such a wonderful mag. As I've said before, I'm saying again............DVD contents for Any magazine is same upto 80% irrespective of the month. Lets not fight over that.
Ya .......i agree after d takeover and some days before it the ads and paper quality has gone down but hey ......the articles are same informative.
Just give them a chance.......

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Articles are more standard in Digit.

Just give them a chance.......

Are u working for Digit...
What do you say...?
r u read the "Power Management' article in CHIP...?

Digit has already got a second chance..(DEC 2007 and June 2008..)

All are knows what the standard goes on in Digit..
Im also digit reader from 2002 OCtober...to May 2008. (Yes i didnt buy June 08 issue for the first time..) and im also subscriber of PCWORLD, CHIP..

If my digit will concentrate on 'Suggestion box' , defintly i will sure, it will come back as "King" of Tech Mag..

j_h

Banned
hi all,
this is what i feel about JUNE 2008.

first of all why call it a jumbo fast track jab woh fast track "suru hote hi khatam ho jata hai". and you guys cant even provide DVD cases ? rs 200 main to aana chaiye. i dont know why you have split the fasttrack into so many tiny pieces. a huge color fast track on something intrestresting would have been better. if i compare this special with other specials digit used to give, it is thinner (i have not counted any pages but the mag feels thinner). you guyz could have at least made that ubuntu linux bootable.

the bottomline : not worth rs 200.
by the way , i have been buying digit from the early years when it was called CHIP and this is the most disappointing issue for me and it will be the last digit i bought.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Are u working for Digit...

No..........I don't......I support Digit because its Digit which made me(at least 70% contribution) wat I'm today.
Ya I've read Chip of this month. And I agree you that their articles are way good this time...........but.........hey not every time they are of same quality........
I think all people are angry as the anniversary issue has bombed us this way..........In the moment of crisis we have to stand by them..dats wat I'm asking only..........

nihu

Broken In
1. DVD Quality
2. Tips and Trick Section (its becoming general help sections instead of saying any "Trick" and "Tip")
3. Repitative information (no new tech updates)
4. Poor Web Site
5. useful contents page decreased.(

(bonus) 6. Just read PCWORLD, CHIP.. compare their mag with 2007 and 2008...
Where is my Digit of 2003-2006...
Just think..

I will think or even not like to subscribe when I have to renew my account next year.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Digit's services have become pathetic. I am a subscriber since June 2003...

Today is 24th of June and I haven't recieved my copy of June issue (so called anniversary issue) yet...Pathetic services....I am not gonna renew next year if these things do not improve and they carry on like this.....:mad:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
got mine b4 3 days. Well a OK one nuthing so special. And "Jumbo Fast-Track" they arent Jumbo, it was just 10 pages booklets, or shall i call them ADVERTORIALS. seriously how do u guys manage to sneak in so much ADs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom