[Preview + Feedback] Digit August 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Liked the mag special mention of the linux distros,linux careers & cell review:cool:
but repeated intems from past issue in bazzar section & fast track disappointed:(

overall rating:3.5/5

vaithy

In the zone
It is nice to read the introduction letter from Shri. Anurag Bhandari, the maker of Granular Linux, however, Pcworld magazine went one step ahead and packed Granular Linux iso image along with bootable PclinuxOS DVD, in its, August'07 issue..
I regret to inform that Artistix is not bootable as it hanged in mid and my Dvd rom give grinding noises.. While in Windows it is perfectly alright//

Thanking you,
with regards,
Vaithy

praka123

left this forum longback
I liked this issue for the Linux contents and some other general sections.other windows based things are useless for ppl like me.
I must congratulate the guy(Asfaq tapia) who wrote about the different Desktop Environments in *NIX.Hope Linux/UNIX* aspirants read that article for better understanding. :) Also a big thx for teh article: Master of Penguins by samir makwana.

Overall Very Nice Issue.(i dont care for DVD contents now a days may becoz of BB ;) )

lalam

In the zone
For one reason or the other i don't know, this month and last month digit dvd both doesn't seem to get read by my dvd drive. I tried both dvd on my frens laptop and they both worked like no problem. What format is the dvd? What software was used to create the dvd? Why is it that my dvd drive thats of sony brand cannot read the dvd?

mediator

Technomancer
Well I must say, this issue has been the best issue I have come across so far. They need to give reviews on linux distros much more similarly, so that every one can understand how much u can play with it. Celestia was nice too. They can give more movies like sherlock holmes, famous thrillers, murder mysteries etc.

On the Dell cover page, I think Digit can add a little more specs like weight. They can also add regular HOW TOs on linux customization n make pages more presentable like in this issue so that people can understand fun associated with it, that home users in numbers, kids, musicians, artists and anybody can Njoy the linux distros, those packed ones and ready to go, and shed the common image/myths that linux is for 'geeks'!

The contents shud keep looking interesting and exciting!!

suniltr77

Broken In
Dear moderator please help.
I Unzipped the Linspire Distro file onto the Hard Disk and burned the contents using the Nero -6 with option make a bootable CD. But the Cd is only a bootable not running the Linspire on booting. What's wrong with the process?
While the Damn Small Linux unzipped to hard disk and from within Window I could run Linux.
Is it not the responsibility of Digit to give a little more illustration on the software, how to's (preferably in a snapshot view) etc..
I installed the Celestia, successfully running, but couldn't understand the what to do with the pack 1&2 ,3, 4e, General Education etc..

Third Eye

gooby pls
^Don't unzip the linux distro on the hdd, just copy-paste the distro on hdd and burn it.Also make sure your CD-Rom comes first in boot priority from boot menu.

Last edited:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I was expecting ubuntu or SuSe Full fledge version with the stripped down Linux distros.

I have 3 GB unoccupied waiting for a Solid Linux Distro :)
Really want to get dirty with Linux :)

lalam

In the zone
Can somebody answer my question as the dual layer dvd given with pc world works fine without a hitch and when it comes to digit it just doesn't......Digit better have a second thought about compatibility issue too....

drsubhadip

In the zone
ya it is released in kolkata..
a very great come back by digit with a great mag this time..
also it is the first to come in kolkata...
great come back by digit ..

with all new mobile review like n 95 ,htc,lg viewty,samsung etc.....
tecnology behind olympics,
think green,
google health.
ip telephony,
and many thing more..
a great review of cell phone and MFD s

also bootable SUSE 11 LINUX
kaspersky internet security 2009

this issue is the best of recent times with 136 pages and a fast track of colourful way with the keyboard short cuts of our computer...

thanks digit for this august 2008 issue..

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
why bump old thread..

admins/ mod please create the official august 08 thread..

we need to know whts in the DVD/CD book...

toofan

Technomancer
Re: [Preview + Feedback] Digit August 2008

This time they posted the magazine/cd/dvd/ content on the website on 2nd. By doing so they braked the record of past few months of posting the content on 5th of the month.

By the way I had stopped buying Digit from May/2008 as its not available here till 13th or 14th of the month. Why wait so long, I go for other ones.

I borrow it form my brother living at delhi.

Last month it was a 110 page magazine. Can you believe it.:mad:

The thread for this month will not be posted because those thread are full of criticism rather praising. So those threads are resulting in loss to their business/customers/mag. sales.

drsubhadip

In the zone
Re: [Preview + Feedback] Digit August 2008

This time they posted the magazine/cd/dvd/ content on the website on 2nd. By doing so they braked the record of past few months of posting the content on 5th of the month.

By the way I had stopped buying Digit from May/2008 as its not available here till 13th or 14th of the month. Why wait so long, I go for other ones.

I borrow it form my brother living at delhi.

Last month it was a 110 page magazine. Can you believe it.:mad:

The thread for this month will not be posted because those thread are full of criticism rather praising. So those threads are resulting in loss to their business/customers/mag. sales.

well my friend this time atleast in kolkata they have changed the delivery man i think...
and the mag is great also this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom