[Preview + Feedback] Digit August 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Awesome content!

Too bad my subscription has ended and my dad will not renew it as my 1st year engineering course is about to start.

D

Devrathnd

you provided maya but not a single thing about it in this issue, What the hell a begineer has to do

praka123

left this forum longback
BlackBerry7100g said:
Just Not Good Contents :mad:
How?I find balanced contents on this issue.esp the Linux articles helps awareness as goes-"what you use is NOT essentially the best available":)

vaithy

In the zone
hello,
for buying costly magazines like digit, Linux users are at disadvantages at lot. Say a magazines with predominately cover windows articles, include only 5% articles related to Linux, then for Linux users the satisfaction is only 5% , on the other hands for Windows users they have the satisfaction of 95% of their liking, so they get the value of the money.So If the magazine give some distros then the satisfaction level increased, sadly, many magazines management ignore this fact..
LFY is there but it has crippled with quality of cd and DVD issues,and its Magazine contents are for advanced users and developers only. So Linux users like me left with no alternative,but not to subscribe any magazine just wait and verify whether any articles related with linux or any distros are given with magazine..

I believe this issue is very good and balanced but I am not committing yet!

thanking you,
with regards,
Vaithy

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
yaar only one hardware reviw of cell phones
i was expecting a comparo of at least 2 kind of hardwares like it has benn happeinin for the last few months

I got that on 1st of August from news stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice one to see 5 linux distros. But all are Live. 1 of them is bootable, other 4 are provided in iso. Movie is boring.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
got my copy today 3rd august !!!!

IT ROCKS !!! I LOVED IT !!! IT Very Hot and Sexy ( read : Awesome Contents )

The DVD contents and various linux distro and also CD contents are great !! good this is what digit is supposed to be !!

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
Personally I do not like the contents this month. But so many guys liked those very much. So it's ok.

DizitalNovice

I don't want IT
i think it's an overdose of mobile reviews. instead they cud have done a review on motherboards. plus the issues are sent very late tome.around 12 to 15th of the month. they cud have been a little speedier there.

utsav

damn busy...
every month the mag comes to the stands at the 5th and the special issues come at the 10th.why so slow.i am in jhansi which is not too far from Mumbai .even the trains take only 18 hours to come from mumbai to jhansi

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
LG3D Live CD is a superb content have a look
*www.linux-magazine.com/issue/79/Looking_Glass_3D_Desktop.pdf

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
for the past two issues the cd doesn't seem to work well the autorun srews up each time and my rom makes strange sounds while reading it.no problems while reading the dvd and other media's though.

plz improve the cd quality.

otherwise good decent contents but i do find a lot of 3d desig/graphic design softwares.stick to the basics plz

blackpearl

The Devil
Just a casual glance through the magazine and I see some good stuff, both in print and on the DVD. The FastTrack looks cool too. Good Work! But I couldn't help noticing the huge NDTV ads on 4-5 pages with headings like "Kya mujrimo ke haath kanoon se bhi lambi hai?" and some pathetic looking lawyers as models. Now the news channels have started invading Digit too!!

Btw, the dual layer DVD is having it's toll on the magazine which is becoming anorexic with each passing month. Please feed her some more pages, now that you have NDTV on your long list of financiers. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom