Power cuts in your city?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
intermittant in Hinjewadi, Pune. ranges from 5mins to 2hrs.

last major one was last week, for straight 48hrs.

- - - Updated - - -

Story of Neighbor District of Varanasi that is Ghazipur from last 1 month
Electricity in day 12PM to 3PM (kisi tarah 3 ghante)
Electricity in Night 2AM to 4AM

you should make a thread "How many hours of Power in your City" and post there. :p

anky

Youngling
not a second of power cut here in gwalior (in my area), but 7-8 hrs of minimum powercut in my hometown Varanasi

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
In East Delhi here, power was a big problem a decade back. But things have improved a lot now. In fact in last 3-4 yrs, I have hardly faced any downtime leaving occasional accidental cuts for few minutes.

BUT, here I am today writing this post in a powercut. Power is not back since 4 hours now. :(

I hope its one of the "accidental" occasions, and won't be a regular thing. :pray:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Dust storms in Delhi
Power lines tripped
No power for the past 6hrs.

Trees, hoardings all broken

Finally it came back somewhere around midnight, when people of delhi finally decided not to wait for power to sleep.
Thankfully temperature was down cause of early showers. So most people didn't even notice when power came back. Just a sign of relief when fans started to roll.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
No power for the past 30 hours in Delhi:(
Street lights off, Erratic genset backup, Traffic jams all over the city

Now I cannot download BF3 multiplayer. Need to exhaust my next month's FUP for it. :cry: :evil:

EDIT : Power restored after a sweaty 50 hours.

Last edited:

kaz

right here
Here at my place we have two major power options, one of Jharkhand's State Board and another of BCCL for BCCL Company's Houses. Mine is the later one.

For the last 1 month since I'm back at home, I see power cuts from 6-7am and 9-10pm daily including a half hour at daytime. Sometimes it more than that :|

Vignesh B

Youngling
Here there are no scheduled power cuts, but don't expect the power to be on continuously for more than 3 hours. Erratic power cuts are common which may last from 1-2 mins or upto 4 hours. On an average we get 12-14 hours electricity a day. Though we do have 24 hours power supply inside the IIT campus.
I remember during my childhood, when Roorkee was still in UP, we had power cuts from 5am-9am, then 11am-3pm, then 7pm-10pm. As posted already by Sujay, if the transformer has gone kaput, don't expect it to be rectified for at least a week. Now, it is much better, at least it gets repaired within 2 days.
What really irritates is the 2 min power-cut which crops up at random times. By the time you move on to do some other work, which is not so power hungry(which can be accomplished through inverter), the power comes again prompting you to go back. By the time you start, the power will again troll you.

Back in Palakkad(Kerala), there is a schedule for power-cut. Power goes off for 1 hour each day. Its divided colony-wise ie, in week 1 Colony A will have power cut from 6-7pm, colony B will have from 7-8 pm and so an, until the next week when the timings get inverted.

Top Bottom