Power cuts in your city?

ratul

█████████████████
Began this week, 2-3 hrs randomly on a daily basis.. :(
Delhi.

RBX

In the zone
No one from Bihar posted yet. UP and Bihar have worst power cuts. Not so sure about Bihar

I have not been to my maternal grandfather's town in many years, but last I went, the condition was very poor. There used to be power only 8 hours a day, for one week from 12 AM to 8 AM, and other week from 12 PM to 8 PM. The timings used to switch on Sunday, so there would be absolutely no power on Sundays. (T_T)

Edit: Town Gola Gokarannath in Lakhimpur Kheri district (UP).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
No one from Bihar posted yet. UP and Bihar have worst power cuts. Not so sure about Bihar

In my city (Gaya), power situation is colony dependent, and ours one is on the better side.

It may range from 24hr light to 10hr cut a day.

But currently it's around 6 hrs cut (in our area) from last 1-2 months.

The worst thing is voltage fluctuations. One moment it is 100 and another it spikes up all the way to 350v. :| Damn, my pc got fried due to this in 2005.

Privatisation is rounding the circles since so many years that we all have left the hope.

The major reasons for pathetic power condition are-

1) People are thieves here, yeah you heard it right. They want to use all the govt services like they are freebies. Back in 2008, when electronic meter was being installed in our city, people nearby my locality literally threatened and made the electrician run away who had come to install it. Damn, even we didn't install it as the load of our building is very very high and electronic meter was resulting in at least 5-10 times the bill we used to get. :| My father used some kind of legal rule which allowed us to retain the old n slow meter.

2) Corruption ! From exec engineer to the puny electrician, everyone does no work without money. If a transformer blows in this season in your locality, then god forbid. I remember back in 2009, when a simple fuse in transformer was flown which could have been rectified within 2 mins just by adding a wire took 3 days after all of us protested to exec engg. Still we had to give the electrician some money, and this was in scorching june! If a transformer is irrepairable then people have to collect money from their pockets and then buy a transformer and then get it fixed, go imagine!

3) The minimum consumption of our state is around 900MW (2009 stats), and out of that 400MW alone is supplied to capital city Patna, and rest of the state gets bacha khucha.

Sorry for the long rant.

Superayush

Tech lover
In my city (Gaya), power situation is colony dependent, and ours one is on the better side.

It may range from 24hr light to 10hr cut a day.

But currently it's around 6 hrs cut (in our area) from last 1-2 months.

The worst thing is voltage fluctuations. One moment it is 100 and another it spikes up all the way to 350v. :| Damn, my pc got fried due to this in 2005.

Privatisation is rounding the circles since so many years that we all have left the hope.

The major reasons for pathetic power condition are-

1) People are thieves here, yeah you heard it right. They want to use all the govt services like they were freebies. Back in 2008, when electronic meter was being installed in our city, people nearby my locality literally threatened and made the electrician run away who had come to install it. Damn, even we didn't install it as the load of our building is very very high and electronic meter was resulting in at least 5-10 times the bill we used to get. :| My father used some kind of legal rule which allowed us to retain the old n slow meter.

2) Corruption ! From exec engineer to the puny electrician, everyone does no work without money. If a transformer blows in this season in your locality, then god forbid. I remember back in 2009, when a simple fuse in transformer was flown which could have been rectified within 2 mins just by adding a wire took 3 days after all of us protested to exec engg. Still we had to give the electrician some money, and this was in scorching june! If a transformer is irrepairable then people have to collect money from their pockets and then buy a transformer and then get it fixed, go imagine!

3) The minimum consumption of our state is around 900MW (2009 stats), and out of that 400MW alone is supplied to capital city Patna, and rest of the state gets bacha khucha.

Sorry for the long rant.

:pray:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] : I understand every word of yours. Around 7yrs back. I used to stay in near varanasi during summer holidays cause its home town, our city is small city. The power supply is so bad there, and I am shocked that after so many years same condition is there. No change at all. I don't know what officials are doing there. Exactly you said, corruption.
I have also spend few years in Kanpur. There people don't like pay for electric. Lots of areas are there where they steal power. There's a colony, I wont say name, there's a word, till now nobody in that colony have paid there bill. If someone go to cut the connection or for bill, whole colony gathers,also theres someone working in power station, so they get help from there too.

Roshan9415

Broken In
here in my village Ghazipur,1 week 8 hour electricity in Day from 10AM to 5PM then next week 8 hour electricity in night from 10PM to 5 PM...

ashs1

Padawan
No electricity in night from 10 PM to 5 AM ??? Damn !!! :(

I can somehow tolerate the powercuts during the day, but its intolerable at night. :/

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
last year power grid in south is integrated with other grids to form one nation - one grid.

So if power outage happens , it may impact south as well.

Roshan9415

Broken In
Story of Neighbor District of Varanasi that is Ghazipur from last 1 month
Electricity in day 12PM to 3PM (kisi tarah 3 ghante)
Electricity in Night 2AM to 4AM

Top Bottom