Post your latest Purchase

elton_1991

Broken In
Sorry for the pic quality(and finger prints),took the photos using a blackberry :razz:
IMG00401-20130203-1646.jpgIMG00402-20130203-1647.jpgIMG00403-20130203-1647.jpgIMG00404-20130203-1648.jpg

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
10/10 :D :D
Dell Inspiron 15R N5520 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

I got this because I was reading some reviews in HP India Facebook page and HP has very bad customer service and the two of its latest models 2049TX and 2313AX have no win 7 drivers, and even HP does not know when they'll come, hence decided to go with dell, also note this laptop is no longer stocked by Dell India as all 15R's had been replaced with either GT630m+i3 or i5ULV+8730, so this looked like an excellent laptop and I got it, also no problem with shipping as I faced with Dell, I'll put in another 4GB RAM later.

How do the speakers sound? I purchased one Dell Inspiron 15R for my nephew about a year and a half ago. After taking it home, he complained about the very muted sound even at full volume. I was so embarrassed! On making a quick internet search, I discovered that the problem results from the fact that the speakers are at the bottom, facing downward; in other words, the lappy sits right on the speaker grills! Talk about a design mess up! I hope after all these months, your laptop model has outgrown this problem.

tkin

Back to school!!
How do the speakers sound? I purchased one Dell Inspiron 15R for my nephew about a year and a half ago. After taking it home, he complained about the very muted sound even at full volume. I was so embarrassed! On making a quick internet search, I discovered that the problem results from the fact that the speakers are at the bottom, facing downward; in other words, the lappy sits right on the speaker grills! Talk about a design mess up! I hope after all these months, your laptop model has outgrown this problem.
Nope, still at bottom :|

But it won't matter much for me as any kind of laptop speakers aren't worth anything to me, I have two pairs or high quality headphones and an earphone as well, and I am about to order a a pair of razer ferox speakers for my laptop, so I'll never use those inbuilt speakers, and when I'm on outside the speakers will work good as the sound will bounce off on hard surface like tables and amplify the effect.

PS: Same thing with other 15R models as well(the new ones, like 5521), dell will never learn :(

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
heres the best part, if you blow the voice coils of your dell lappy speakers due to say using VLC palyer at 400% volume settings, then Dell will not replace those citing s/w defects :D

tkin

Back to school!!
heres the best part, if you blow the voice coils of your dell lappy speakers due to say using VLC palyer at 400% volume settings, then Dell will not replace those citing s/w defects :D
Not sure about DELL, but HP actually cited this reason to reject warranty claims for 3 of my friends(HP530), seems common practice ;)

And about that, I have Audio Technica M35, Koss Portapro, Soundmagic E30/PL30/PL50, a few sony XB Earphones, I'd never use that pathetic speaker, I love my music, and like it distortion free, also I am going to buy a Ferox next month :D :D

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Not sure about DELL, but HP actually cited this reason to reject warranty claims for 3 of my friends(HP530), seems common practice ;)

And about that, I have Audio Technica M35, Koss Portapro, Soundmagic E30/PL30/PL50, a few sony XB Earphones, I'd never use that pathetic speaker, I love my music, and like it distortion free, also I am going to buy a Ferox next month :D :D

What u will do with so many iem ..gift me one :D

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

But it won't matter much for me as any kind of laptop speakers aren't worth anything to me, I have two pairs or high quality headphones and an earphone as well, and I am about to order a a pair of razer ferox speakers for my laptop, so I'll never use those inbuilt speakers, and when I'm on outside the speakers will work good as the sound will bounce off on hard surface like tables and amplify the effect.

PS: Same thing with other 15R models as well(the new ones, like 5521), dell will never learn :(

I had a 15r back in 2009 the speakers were on TOP

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent

one gift to this poor soul :smile:

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!

Spoken like a really blue-blooded Digitian and very true too! However, for a first year college kid, understandably it must be a big deal that his first laptop speakers are barely audible. But what is not understandable is that a big shot in the PC business like Dell can get away with this kind of mess up for years on, not that Dell products are exactly cheap!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Did I ever mention I bought a Mechanical KB? Looks like I didn't! Did on this thread though: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/peripherals/168279-need-good-keyboard.html

Well, I bought TVS Gold Mechanical KB at just Rs 1450 from a retail shop. Initially I was thinking about getting a Logitech Wireless at about the same price. Glad I didn't! :p This KB is good!

*i.minus.com/i9EHTzWmncYXI.jpg

tkin

Back to school!!
Spoken like a really blue-blooded Digitian and very true too! However, for a first year college kid, understandably it must be a big deal that his first laptop speakers are barely audible. But what is not understandable is that a big shot in the PC business like Dell can get away with this kind of mess up for years on, not that Dell products are exactly cheap!
True true, for uninformed people this is a big issue, and they have some audio enhancement like Wave Maxxaudio etc :|
Normally this setup works wonderful, like my Altec Lansing VS4621 the downfiring speakers sound awesome, more boomy but if you put it on bead, its dead mute, just like some mobile(even high ends) get muted when put on bed on its back, luckily my Nokia 5800 has dual side firing speakers.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
True true, for uninformed people this is a big issue, and they have some audio enhancement like Wave Maxxaudio etc :|
Normally this setup works wonderful, like my Altec Lansing VS4621 the downfiring speakers sound awesome, more boomy but if you put it on bead, its dead mute, just like some mobile(even high ends) get muted when put on bed on its back, luckily my Nokia 5800 has dual side firing speakers.
Iam desperately waiting for your laptop pics and review plus pics of L9 :| :p in party, i will steal either ur lappy or phone :D

Top Bottom