Post your latest Purchase

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------
You can pm me anytime if you need any help
and do get a decent pair of headphones. You also need to play a lot with bbe settings to gt the right output for your ears.

thanks desiibond..yup already started collecting money to buy a good pair of headphones,prolly after few months,thanks for the help...here's a pic btw with my n82...

*g.imagehost.org/view/0470/DSC00180
*g.imagehost.org/view/0470/DSC00180

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Are you typing from your 5800? :rofl: Try, SeaTools for windows on it. A word of caution: try to avoid Low Level Formatting as far as possible. I've read it is not good for HDD's. :)
[/COLOR]

What say about the Soundmagic PL-11?

No, was typing in ipod touch :)

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I removed all the partitions and did low level formatting of entire hdd and it works fine now. One thing I can say is that this thing blazing fast.

How much time you spent on that ?
And which software did you use for formatting ?
Would you like to tell me the procedure of low level formatting or can you give me tutorial for that ?
Cos I wanna format my old 40GB HDD,it running slow.....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I did it from linux.

"dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda" sda was the 1Tb HDD in this case. this writes "0" all over. Not exactly a low level format but works well in most cases. Took all night and few hours in the day to finish.

for 40Gb, it should be done in an hour or two.

You can also use Seagate Disc Tools to do the same.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
@desiibond
thanks....

I think that Seagate Disc Tools will be lot easier for me cos I don't have too much idea about linux......

tkin

Back to school!!
TVS gold Keyboard 1300/-
Nice purchase.
Hey, I was thinking about buying one too, can you confirm that pressing the up, either the left or right and the right shift key simultaneously causes a beep(sound) to occur, also the same for pressing the W/A/S/D keys simultaneously and the left shift key.
I game a lot and those keys must function perfectly.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^^ no Beep sounds buddy !!
Thanks for the confirmation, seems the only cheap microsoft keyboards have this issue.
I'm gonna get one, right after I replace the 6 month old Coolermaster 2000rpm led fan that died due to dust, seems only that the cheaper 1200rpm fans can withstand the dust.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Why is the keyboard so costly?
Is it due to its solid construction?
No, because its a mechanical keyboard, in most keyboards today(called dome switch keyboards) the switches rest on a film(membrane) imposed on a PCB, when the keys are pressed the film and the PCB makes contact and keystrokes are registered(the general idea), but mechanical keyboards have a distinct switch under each key, these switches have better lifetime and also they retract faster, hence typing can be done faster and to some people(like me) they are more comfortable, downside is that they are usually not waterproof and also relatively noisy.

read these:
*www.ergocanada.com/ergo/keyboards/mechanical_vs_membrane_keyswitches.html

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_technology

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Why is the keyboard so costly?
Is it due to its solid construction?

Its Mechanical Switches Keyboard ! It is the only Mechanical keyboard available every where !

Mechanical keyboards are good for typing as well as gaming :razz:

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

@ tkin

Is there any other Mechanical keyboards available other than TVS ??

tkin

Back to school!!
Its Mechanical Switches Keyboard ! It is the only Mechanical keyboard available every where !

Mechanical keyboards are good for typing as well as gaming :razz:

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

@ tkin

Is there any other Mechanical keyboards available other than TVS ??
Not that I know of any, but I remembered using one at my dad's office, it was mechanical but the logo was smudged, and didn't look like TVS to me, gonna need to check in Chandni.

prvprv

Journeyman
bought a Givson Guitar pickup for Rs. 120/- from ebay after using a 200 off voucher [:)]

*cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=260522461008*cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260522461008&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Using it with my Granada PRS-1 and my PC powered with Amplitube Effects sw.

Adhip007

Journeyman
Bought HP Photosmart C4688 AIO from Lotte Computers , Kolkata @ Rs 6690.
Also bought Nikon D3000 from Chowringhee Camera Stores @ Rs 27500

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Lasts long but for how much time?
My normal keyboard has been working fine now for almost six years.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
There is a TVSE keyboard in my mama's house. It is the only surviving peripheral from that rig that was purchased in 1996.

oabcxp

Right off the assembly line
What is the version of my router?

I've recently bought router :

1. Planet ADE 4400 adsl 4 port router : Rs 2500

Problem:
The details of my router is
System
Alias Name ADSL Modem/Router
Software Version 1.3.9.11
DSP Version 2.8.1.6
DSL
DSL mode T1.413 G.Dmt ADSL2 ADSL2+

Well, it seem to have old driver. So, I want to upgrade its firmware. But the problem is that there is nothing information about its version. Whether it is v2 or v3. So can anybody help me?