Post your latest Purchase

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another one joins my collection today! I'm super-excited this time because it is my first ever Super-Premium card (one of India's top 5 premium CCs) albeit it carries a hefty Annual Renewal Fees of ₹10000 + 18% GST :p

But it is worth it and having craved about this for so many years, I got the invite for my upgrade this month after having a relationship with HDFC for the past 11 years!

Behold the Infinia! <3
Congrats! Use this on smartbuy as far as you can for max benefits.

Reactions: 007

icebags

Technomancer
Another one joins my collection today! I'm super-excited this time because it is my first ever Super-Premium card (one of India's top 5 premium CCs) albeit it carries a hefty Annual Renewal Fees of ₹10000 + 18% GST :p

But it is worth it and having craved about this for so many years, I got the invite for my upgrade this month after having a relationship with HDFC for the past 11 years!

Behold the Infinia! <3
*i.imgur.com/Cvia1FH.jpg

*i.imgur.com/A7H5ymj.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Nb8Vixk.jpg

*i.imgur.com/QDyw7CI.jpg
are you going to play golf with it?

Killing Machine
Congrats! Use this on smartbuy as far as you can for max benefits.
Yep, you read my mind. That is the plan. :thumbs:
are you going to play golf with it?
Haha! I may not practically use the unlimited golf privileges and Club Marriott membership. :p
I consider myself not that "premium" yet. But there are other benefits that I will religiously loot.
What does super premium cc do ?
Umm..typically all possible perks and privileges are packed in such cards along with high fees and high income requirement. The last time when I requested for this card myself, they told me if I can show salary credit of 2.75L per month into account (or) 45L IT returns if self-employed to be eligible. Lol! So either you should be Ambani's son-in-law or earn a ton of money. That is why folks wait for the invite from bank which they are doing it more leniently these days because there is a RBI ban on HDFC since November 2020 for issuing new credit cards (i.e. acquiring new customers).

Some of the privileges relevant for me/my usage are:
  1. Accelerated Reward Rate via SmartBuy platform (@whitestar_999 pointed out already). You get a whopping 33% value back on Flights/Hotels/Bus/InstantVouchers purchases. To put in other words - you will get ₹3300 back on ₹10000 spend.
  2. Foreign spends are rewarding as I do in small amounts a lot. (Hey humble bundle and other game sellers - here I come). The markup fee is 2% which is the cheapest and cheaper than using PayPal's forex conversion rates.
  3. Unlimited Airport Lounge visits. (Each costs $27+GST otherwise) I already use Priority Pass frequently from another card and it has 12 free visits per year. Not saying it is insufficient but you don't have to keep the count on this one.
  4. This card comes with NPSL (No Preset Spending Limit). There is a credit limit yes, but you can call the Infinia priority line and ask for a temporary boost if you are doing big purchases. Can't do that with other cards as far as I know. Citibank used to do this back in 2007 but they stopped it now due to policy changes.

Last edited:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
@007 so how did you got this card finally?? Do you have that much income.Also there is another Diner's Black card How is this card different from that.

Sent from my RMX2185 using Tapatalk

Killing Machine
@007 so how did you got this card finally?? Do you have that much income.Also there is another Diner's Black card How is this card different from that.
As I mentioned in my post, the bank will invite you to upgrade your current card to Infinia based on NRV (net relationship value) and other hidden logic which we never know. I know a person who spends ~15L per month on Regalia for paying their business expenses etc. but never got upgrade till now. My upgrade journey is as follows:
Gold CC (2009) --> Platinum Plus --> Regalia First --> Regalia --> Infinia (2021). So it was a long grind maintaining good history and card usage. If you don't want to wait, then you may have to meet the income requirement.

Diners Black is an equally good one in terms of rewards with some differences.They offered it to me in Jan 2021 with 0 annual fees offer but I didn't take it. One main problem with Diners is the acceptance. Global acceptance is very less compared to Visa/Mastercard. In India, i think the POS machines of top private banks (ICICI/HDFC/Citi) will accept Diners. Not sure about other machines. Online usage should be ok.

Killing Machine
All this effort for a glorified credit card?

is it worth the long and frustrating "grind" as you have so aptly stated earlier ?
I sure sound like a credit card addict, don't I? :lol:
Well, it does feel good to have one of the best cards in the market and get the chance to reap some rewards along the way. The grind wasn't painful - just part of the game and the game will end here.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Foreign spends are rewarding as I do in small amounts a lot. (Hey humble bundle and other game sellers - here I come). The markup fee is 2% which is the cheapest and cheaper than using PayPal's forex conversion rates.
This is what puzzles me, this is one feature that even most super premium cards trips on. OneCard(which I use & which you should be able to get within a few hours/days) has 1% forex markup charge while DCB Niyo card has zero forex markup which I unfortunately can't get due to eligibility requirements but @Extreme Gamer uses it for his orders shipped from abroad.

Killing Machine
This is what puzzles me, this is one feature that even most super premium cards trips on. OneCard(which I use & which you should be able to get within a few hours/days) has 1% forex markup charge while DCB Niyo card has zero forex markup which I unfortunately can't get due to eligibility requirements but @Extreme Gamer uses it for his orders shipped from abroad.
Oh, I didn't know that OneCard's markup is 1%. Not advertised on the main page. They should've removed the markup for Infinia/DCB because the lower Regalia itself comes with 2%.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I sure sound like a credit card addict, don't I? :lol:
Well, it does feel good to have one of the best cards in the market and get the chance to reap some rewards along the way. The grind wasn't painful - just part of the game and the game will end here.

wtf is that, looks like an rtx 3080 unboxing hahaha

kaz

right here

Behold the Infinia! <3

Are you going to pay 10k AMC for this? Because I got this for free

Killing Machine
Are you going to pay 10k AMC for this? Because I got this for free
Yes. I got the Diners Black 0 AMC offer in Jan. Then Infinia with 10k AMC :-( in March along with a limit enhancement.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. I got the Diners Black 0 AMC offer in Jan. Then Infinia with 10k AMC :-( in March along with a limit enhancement.
Check the online/offline brochure/email for the card, I think some people got a condition based offer to make their infinia/diners club black card free.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, I didn't know that OneCard's markup is 1%. Not advertised on the main page. They should've removed the markup for Infinia/DCB because the lower Regalia itself comes with 2%.
Yeah this is the only plus point/reason I took this card.
1616092737715.png

Reactions: 007
Top Bottom