Post your latest Purchase

Gollum

Collector
Impulsive buy 7.7k
Can't remember the proper brand name of this But says Spartan at the back.
*i.imgur.com/mHAcXsN.jpg
*i.imgur.com/utiftGe.jpg

It has Knox guards/Armour/etc

Some more photos
*i.imgur.com/Onp8TRP.jpg
*i.imgur.com/n4jsKZa.jpg
*i.imgur.com/pjBBQe8.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Ytoh6dK.jpg
*i.imgur.com/6qtFEKq.jpg
*i.imgur.com/tOo1bJL.jpg
*i.imgur.com/kxF3GWr.jpg

Hrishi

Bought Seagate 2TB Expansion 3.5" Desktop External Drive - 6100 RS [Nehru Palace].
Performs very well - Read speed of upto 190MB/Sec and Write ->150MB/Sec.

Also bought an iBall Desk Mic for swearing more clearly during multi-player gaming. @380INR. Pretty good quality.

aakaash

Broken In
Bought Seagate 2TB Expansion 3.5" Desktop External Drive - 6100 RS [Nehru Palace].
Performs very well - Read speed of upto 190MB/Sec and Write ->150MB/Sec.

I am jealous of the speeds you are getting. My 2TB WD gives 115MBps/110MBps only:crying_NF:. But I got it for 5K :-D

- - - Updated - - -

Bought Bookshelf Speakers for upgrading my Home Theater.
*i.imgur.com/J50fmki.jpg
Size comparison with my old Yamaha Front speaker.
*i.imgur.com/Y3djgKA.jpg
Sweet silk tweeter for those highs
*i.imgur.com/i9jiG23.jpg

Specs for Nerds

Type : Bookshelf
Configuration : 2-Way
Drivers : 25mm HF, 133mm LF
Sensitivity : 90dB
Impedance : 8ohms
Frequency Response : 53 - 25 kHz
Power Handling : 100W
Dimensions (H x W x D) : 279 x 178 x 229 mm
Weight : 4.2 kg
Finishes : Cherry, Black

How much did it cost you? Reviews?

aakaash

Broken In
Oh, mine is WD my passport ultra 2.5 inch 2TB external hard drive. Not desktop class, not externally powered. Explains.

Gollum

Collector
I am jealous of the speeds you are getting. My 2TB WD gives 115MBps/110MBps only:crying_NF:. But I got it for 5K :-D

- - - Updated - - -

How much did it cost you? Reviews?

bought it for 14k/pair
no reviews yet, the sound cannot be recorded over the mic but the clarity is awesome.
You can never go wrong with Polk.
Also, these are passive speakers. You need an amplifier or receiver to drive these.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Powered = more speed, but needs external adapter, larger.. basically a 3.5inch HDD in an enclosure
Non powered = Runs off USB, but lesser speed and smaller.. basically a 2.5 inch HDD in an enclosure

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Powered = more speed, but needs external adapter, larger.. basically a 3.5inch HDD in an enclosure
Non powered = Runs off USB, but lesser speed and smaller.. basically a 2.5 inch HDD in an enclosure

that and lower cost.

prolly the reasons i would go with a powered one.

icebags

Technomancer
bought frontech mini keyboard @ <300/-, kaz my last moserbaer compact keyboard "alt" button stopped working. i will still try to clean it, and see if it works again.

*frontechonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/1677.jpg

specs /pros:
# compact design 325x150mm (however, my last keyboard is compacter, by 2cms)
# feather touch keys, very responsive.
# frontech keyboards are normally reasonably durable, lasts 4-5 years easily.

cons :
# essential button like "end" is missing. i miss it too much.
# "cntrl" key is placed at the extreme left corner. whereas "fn" key should have been at that place and "cntrl" should be at "fn" key place. accessing "cntrl + c" & "cntrl + v" needs fingers to be stretched a lott than normal keyboards. but it may be a matter of practice, idk.
# specious button layout takes a bit of time to get used to.
# only 3 mm keys present : mute, vol+/-

recommended for someone who looks for a casual backup keyboard.

Last edited:

shreeux

Movie Buff
^Swans , what drive did you buy ? Mine is a 3.5" Desktop Class Drive powered externally.

Oh, mine is WD my passport ultra 2.5 inch 2TB external hard drive. Not desktop class, not externally powered. Explains.

Thanks for quick reply..

Which one is long last or better life?

aakaash

Broken In
bought it for 14k/pair
no reviews yet, the sound cannot be recorded over the mic but the clarity is awesome.
You can never go wrong with Polk.
Also, these are passive speakers. You need an amplifier or receiver to drive these.

From where did you buy the Polks? I think they are 100W + 100W, aren't they? And what amplifier do you use to power them?

Hrishi

Thanks for quick reply..

Which one is long last or better life?
The thing with mechanical drives is that failure can happen in any one of them.
However the powered ones more prone to failures as they have a 7200rpm disk running inside it and external power failure risks it too.
The 5200rpm internal drives are USB powered and pretty much closed - they are also designed for portability.

The 3.5" desktop drives aren't quite portable. If you are low on budget and/or need performance drive...then only buy 3.5" ff ones

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

avanildutta

Journeyman
Just arrived today.. for my second build. Though cheaper than my current G510s & G300 they seem better.. yet to test thoroughly though. Seems 4k was well spent.. ☺ uploadfromtaptalk1458541761495.jpg

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk