Post Your GNU/Linux Desktop here

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Nope just the OS X icons. Otherwise Just made a few changes to the placement of the panels. The one in OS X looks good. I don't want it to look fully like Mac, just the parts that I like. I would certainly like to keep that Ubuntu logo on the top panel.

eddie

El mooooo
JGuru said:
@Eddie, Your desktop looks very different.
What theme you are using?
Different as in good different or bad different :p

Anyways theme is
Style: QtCurve Flat
Win Deco: Powder
Icons: Primary
Color Scheme: Gilouce Brown
KDE Metabar: Patched from KDE Improvement Project

Sykora

I see right through you.
Many of these screenshots are quite good. I wish I could post something, but I don't have anything to take a screenshot of.

mediator

Technomancer
Sykora said:
Many of these screenshots are quite good. I wish I could post something, but I don't have anything to take a screenshot of.
Means?? In linux just press "printscreen" button!

Sykora

I see right through you.
Yes, I know how to take a screenshot. It's just that my window manager is meant for extreme usability, and almost no eye candy. I tried moving back to KDE but couldn't. i just couldn't get any work done :)

eddie

El mooooo
We would still like to see that window manager setup. Post your screenshot with details and lets see what it is that you couldn't do with KDE :D

Sykora

I see right through you.
Well, here you go. There's nothing much to see though.

*img172.imageshack.us/img172/5492/screenshot1iy8.th.png

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Guyz, can I run XGL on a live Ununtu 6.06 CD???? I have 512MB ram and a 6200....If yes, how do I go about it?

mehulved

I don't think Ubuntu 6.06 has XGL right into the live cd.

*img172.imageshack.us/img172/5492/screenshot1iy8.th.png
Which WM is that? I can't see any signs from which I can recognise anything.

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Sykora, If you want a lightweight WM. Then you can use XFCE
It's fast, light on resources , also it looks cool.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
tech_your_future said:
Here's mine. Not too flashy nor properly done.
*iup.in/img/mehul/screenshots/thumb/Screenshot.jpg
what is in bottom of screen??
the diffrent shortcut's icons, some sort of wiget!
i want that look cool

mehulved

No it's just the GNOME panel. I have increased it's height and made it transparent. But, it doesn't have any Mac like effects. That would take more resources.
No I won't agree to it. XFCE is not so light weight AFAIK. From what I see ratpoison should be really light as it has no eye candy and resource hog processes.
XFCE is good WM for newbies but for those who have been using linux for longer, lot more options exist.

Last edited:

Sykora

I see right through you.
@JGuru : I've tried XFCE. Believe me, there are many other lighter wms, and in my opinion, ratpoison is the ultimate in speed and access. It just has a very steep learning curve. It's also sscriptable, so you can do your own stuff with it. For Ubuntu/Debian users, there is also a neat feature called ratmenu. Initially I thought I'd really need it, what with the absence of menus, but as I got used to ratpoison, I don't need anything else.

eddie

El mooooo
Is there some particular reason behind you using ratpoison? :?
Are you very low on resources? What is that you want out of ratpoison that cannot be achieved with KDE or is it just the geek factor?

Top Bottom