** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I use plan 675 UL as backup connection, however, using 2mbps at beginning makes things pretty smooth.. I guess it will make harder for people cope with sudden speed drop to 512kbps after 1GB FUP ...even if you were using 512kbps from long... It will now feel like that you got an express way for 1 km and then back to patchy national highway .

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I think I found a solution to my disconnection problem. It's very weird actually. Quite unbelievable. Just keep the phone engaged. BSNL seems to give your line priority when your phone is engaged. 0 disconnections for 4 hours straight. With the phone it used to disconnect like twice an hour and took 10-15 minutes to reconnect.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I think I found a solution to my disconnection problem. It's very weird actually. Quite unbelievable. Just keep the phone engaged. BSNL seems to give your line priority when your phone is engaged. 0 disconnections for 4 hours straight. With the phone it used to disconnect like twice an hour and took 10-15 minutes to reconnect.

I had used this technique many years ago.. when my line had very bad SRN and attenuation ..

Whats your SNR and attenuation figures ?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I had used this technique many years ago.. when my line had very bad SRN and attenuation ..

Whats your SNR and attenuation figures ?

SNR is about 50dB. Can't find attenuation in my Asus router page.

*s19.postimg.org/qa3m0arqb/Capture.png

But if it gets fixed like this I don't see how the problem is with SNR at all. Even with the phone receiver back on when the net is connected SNR is still 50dB. It's like when the phone is engaged BSNL gives priority to your line so that your call won't drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait got it

*s19.postimg.org/5r8pv8dsz/Capture.png

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
These figures are good , do you see fluctuation in these figures, try refreshing page couple of times and see if things changes ?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
These figures are good , do you see fluctuation in these figures, try refreshing page couple of times and see if things changes ?

It's pretty much the same. And the page refreshes itself. But I don't see how SNR and the phone receiver is related. My conclusion is that BSNL can't provide bandwidth to all customers. So it cuts off bandwidth to users who aren't using it and gives that bandwidth to other customers. Keeping the phone engaged requires BSNL to give priority to my line. And the problem isn't occurring due to anything else. My router is good (the fact that it is working flawlessly with the phone engaged is proof). My line is also good. Recently the line-man came and checked it. So BSNL is intentionally doing this.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
If that is the case, you may try "Keep alive' kind of thing... do this :

Start --> RUN (or windows + R)
Code:
ping 8.8.8.8 -t

Now it will keep pinging so your connection will stay active (though using almost no resources) and see if your connection disconnects.

(I have used this technique when was using GPRS in early days, was pretty helpful).

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
If that is the case, you may try "Keep alive' kind of thing... do this :

Start --> RUN (or windows + R)
Code:
ping 8.8.8.8 -t

Now it will keep pinging so your connection will stay active (though using almost no resources) and see if your connection disconnects.

(I have used this technique when was using GPRS in early days, was pretty helpful).

So it cuts off bandwidth to users who aren't using it and gives that bandwidth to other customers.

My bad. I should have said that it cuts off bandwidth to me to serve other customers. It cuts off even when I'm downloading something.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
You mean disconnection though link is stable. Well, in that case, can't do much. But still, engaging line won't make sense as adsl and regular telephone waves works independently.

shijilt

Journeyman
I have been using BSNL BB 1450 plan for 15 days now.
For the last 4 days , I am having 1-2 connection drops.
ADSL will be active , but internet will be gone.
Have to wait 3-4 minutes to get the connection ...
Speed us stable @120KBps,
Using TP-Link 8968 V4.
Already used 90+GB data ;-)

Connection drops only effects browsing / IDM , torrent will work fine.. So I am happy ....

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I have been using BSNL BB 1450 plan for 15 days now.
For the last 4 days , I am having 1-2 connection drops.
ADSL will be active , but internet will be gone.
Have to wait 3-4 minutes to get the connection ...
Speed us stable @120KBps,
Using TP-Link 8968 V4.
Already used 90+GB data ;-)

Connection drops only effects browsing / IDM , torrent will work fine.. So I am happy ....

I too have faced such connection drops. You can access sites over HTTPS but not HTTP. Whenever it happens, I'll be redirected to mail.bsnl.in :-x

shijilt

Journeyman
It's not the modem, in my case at least. Once, it took them 3 days to fix it and I had to visit them every other day.
At least they fixed it !
BSNL !!!
I going to complaint , I thought complaining to BSNL won't make any difference .....

Rockstar11

Technomancer
what happened to BSNL?

I am getting very low download speeds and slow Browsing. ( BSNL GUJARAT)

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin

:
9.5 9.0 db

Line Attenuation

:
43.0 31.5 db

Data Rate

:
256 256 kbps

Max Rate

:
64 396 kbps

CRC

:
2 452

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
AS [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] said, you need to get your line fixed, get SNR about 15 or more and also try to get lower attenuation. Read thread about SNR in this forum for it.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Btw what exactly does CRC error indicate on my MTNL line.

The no. keeps on increasing after about 15-17hrs of continuous usage and get fixed by a router restart.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
basically crc error in adsl connection means interference in line not enough to cause disconnection but affect browsing & dl speed(like in your case).check your router port/adsl splitter port/any telephone line joint for dust/rust etc(copper wire inside telephone line & port connector pins should not be black/brown/dark in colour).

Top Bottom