** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Speed terrible since yerterday - line is good, 1445 plan. Cant even watch stuff at 240p

On the same plan and it used to be the one of the best plans from BSNL. Now, after the so-called 2Mbps upgrade, BSNL has ruined it.

I might consider downgrading to other plans if this thing continues.

shijilt

Journeyman
This is my second month with BB1445 plan.
I used to get 2 Mbps until 20 GB , now I am getting only 1.7 Mbps.
I am worried about the 1 Mbps speed !!!

shijilt

Journeyman
line problem, weather may be
K , there is something .
I made a change in the connection .
Added a RJ15 wall plug in between ADSL splitter and main line.....
For easy disconnection when there is lightning ...
But it just added that connector (good quality ) and a good 1 meter cable (came with modem)
May be its make a 20% loss ???

It was raining for the last two days . ..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
what is 2mbps?
2mbps=2048kbps=(2048/8)=256KB/s=(256*60*60)=921600KB/hour=900mb/hour
were you downloading 900mb in an hour earlier?if not then you can not say you were getting 2mbps speed.almost 5% is overhead & more the no. of connections(downloading with 10 simultaneous connections in download manager or 100 connected peers in a torrent) more will be the overhead.one should assume around 90% of the connection speed as "actual download speed" which for 2mbps comes out to be around 1.8mbps/230KBps/810mb in an hour.

don't rely on speed tests,see the actual downloaded data in an hour.if you can download 750-800mb in an hour(assuming dl from an unrestricted server/site e.g.microsoft or some linux torrent with lots of seeds & very few leechers) on a 2mbps adsl connection then it is working as it should be.

shijilt

Journeyman
what is 2mbps?
2mbps=2048kbps=(2048/8)=256KB/s=(256*60*60)=921600KB/hour=900mb/hour
were you downloading 900mb in an hour earlier?if not then you can not say you were getting 2mbps speed.almost 5% is overhead & more the no. of connections(downloading with 10 simultaneous connections in download manager or 100 connected peers in a torrent) more will be the overhead.one should assume around 90% of the connection speed as "actual download speed" which for 2mbps comes out to be around 1.8mbps/230KBps/810mb in an hour.

don't rely on speed tests,see the actual downloaded data in an hour.if you can download 750-800mb in an hour(assuming dl from an unrestricted server/site e.g.microsoft or some linux torrent with lots of seeds & very few leechers) on a 2mbps adsl connection then it is working as it should be.
K buddy. Here its is.
I have two speed monitors running on screen .
Netspeed monitor - showing KBps speed
And
DU meter - showing Mbps (not MBps) speed.
So , I am not wrong .
I used to get stable 2 Mbps .
Now it shows 1.7 Mbps

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
forget all that,how much data you were downloading earlier compared to now in an hour.what does it matter if meter show speed as 1.7mbps now as long as you can dl same or almost same amount of data in an hour as earlier?speed is there for download only not for browsing for which routing configuration at isp end is most important.a 1mbps connection with good latency & routing configuration will beat a 4mbps connection with poor latency & routing table configuration(talking about browsing usual sites not streaming sites or those sites which starts loading dozens of videos on a page).

shijilt

Journeyman
I haven't tested a 900 MB file yet ...
But from 8 AM today , I am updating my windows 8.1 PC to windows 10.
C drive shows a new folder created today with a size of 4.42 GB , netspeed monitor shows today's usage is 4398 MB
8 AM to 2:30 PM - 6 hours and 30 minutes ..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=5753
this is a 1.7gb iso,use some download manager & see how much total time it takes.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
This is my second month with BB1445 plan.
I used to get 2 Mbps until 20 GB , now I am getting only 1.7 Mbps.
I am worried about the 1 Mbps speed !!!

I have been using BSNL for years.. from the inception of dataone broadband, on 2mbps plan, I never got actual speed more than 1.7 mbps.. tested even in early morning and late night. Which very much proves statement by [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] .

Do you know, speed monitor like DU meter can report wrong speed if there is processing overload, for example if your computer is busy under some heavy cpu load then it may show incorrect data due to delay in processing.

In short, everything is fine at your end, its just that now you are seeing correct data, earlier I feel somehow it was not accurate. And even now you are not convinced then forget all above. Do as [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] says.

shijilt

Journeyman
I have been using BSNL for years.. from the inception of dataone broadband, on 2mbps plan, I never got actual speed more than 1.7 mbps.. tested even in early morning and late night. Which very much proves statement by [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] .

Do you know, speed monitor like DU meter can report wrong speed if there is processing overload, for example if your computer is busy under some heavy cpu load then it may show incorrect data due to delay in processing.

In short, everything is fine at your end, its just that now you are seeing correct data, earlier I feel somehow it was not accurate. And even now you are not convinced then forget all above. Do as [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] says.
Please don't .....
I know my computer , and its resource usage .
I keep my PC on for most time.
Last month I used 120 GB data in 20 days .
It clearly showed 2Mbps speed until 2 GB and 1 Mbps after that .
Stable speed.
Only fro. This month speed is 1.7Mbps, if it gets lower than 1 Mbps after 20 GB , I will complaint to BSNL.
There is no way two speed monitors g softwares will show wrong data (in two different OS - updated to W10 today)for continuous 20 days and suddenly change their "mind" from next month day one...

Possible Reasons.
1. BSNL shows its true nature.
2. The extra RJ11 connector I added is not working properly.
3.Weather related

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Please don't .....
I know my computer , and its resource usage .
I keep my PC on for most time.
Last month I used 120 GB data in 20 days .
It clearly showed 2Mbps speed until 2 GB and 1 Mbps after that .
Stable speed.
Only fro. This month speed is 1.7Mbps, if it gets lower than 1 Mbps after 20 GB , I will complaint to BSNL.
There is no way two speed monitors g softwares will show wrong data (in two different OS - updated to W10 today)for continuous 20 days and suddenly change their "mind" from next month day one...

Possible Reasons.
1. BSNL shows its true nature.
2. The extra RJ11 connector I added is not working properly.
3.Weather related
Alright then, I won't :wink:
Chill :)

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Maybe tech issues at BSNL end. There are people who get 2Mbps speed post 1GB FUP too.
I have deciphered it .. its that if you keep your broadband connected, then you will enjoy 2mbps even after FUP, however, once reconnected, its down to 512 kbps.. so essentially, Bsnl checks for speed limit on every time you connect your broadband, so when you have 2mbps speed and you do not disconnect, you have full speed untill its not reconnected.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
I have deciphered it .. its that if you keep your broadband connected, then you will enjoy 2mbps even after FUP, however, once reconnected, its down to 512 kbps.. so essentially, Bsnl checks for speed limit on every time you connect your broadband, so when you have 2mbps speed and you do not disconnect, you have full speed untill its not reconnected.
sadly they change the ip every 2 days for dynamic ip guys

- - - Updated - - -

I am glad I switched from BSNL, but I was enjoying almost 40-50gb instead of 30gb fup at 4mbps because of this glitch.......

Last edited:

shijilt

Journeyman
My first bill came.
Rs.3600
1445 plan.
No extra charges.
I am unable to pay bill online..
I have registered in BSNL portal , but when try to add LL number , it says my account number and phone number combination is wrong. .
But its correct .....

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
My first bill came.
Rs.3600
1445 plan.
No extra charges.
I am unable to pay bill online..
I have registered in BSNL portal , but when try to add LL number , it says my account number and phone number combination is wrong. .
But its correct .....
Pay at their office and also visit nearest computer cell about the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

sadly they change the ip every 2 days for dynamic ip guys

- - - Updated - - -

I am glad I switched from steam, but i was enjoying almost 40-50gb instead of 30gb fup at 4mbps because of this glitch.......

Switched from steam.. means you stopped using it ?

Top Bottom