** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hello all members!!

I am new to this broadband thing, have thrived on 3G connection and college WiFi all my life, hence got a BSNL 1495 combo plan.
I also got TP-Link W8961N ADSL router. The problems I am facing are
1. The ADSL light vanishes on its own. Sometimes it might stay for hours together, however most of the times it vanishes hourly. Only remedy is to reboot the router.
2. Whenever a call comes to my landline, the link vanishes. Is the splitter to be blamed here??

Some parameters of my connection(readings taken from router's admin page)
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin: 10.5 5.0 db
Line Attenuation:40.0 24.0 db

Please help me, I am literally tired of switching on my router everytime this happens

Regards,
Shashi

Welcome to the shaking world of BSNL, you need to contact your exchange and ask them about line noise issue along with link stability issue. SNR should be in tune of 12-15db both up/down then only you can maintain stable link (however, it depends upon modem also, I had one modem which was able to give stable link with low SNR upto 6db while have another which works only if SNR is more than 12db. Generally can be fixed by minimizing joints in line, cleaning up joints (if you have to have them). Read some initial post in this thread where this thing has been discussed in detail.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Welcome to the shaking world of BSNL, you need to contact your exchange and ask them about line noise issue along with link stability issue. SNR should be in tune of 12-15db both up/down then only you can maintain stable link (however, it depends upon modem also, I had one modem which was able to give stable link with low SNR upto 6db while have another which works only if SNR is more than 12db. Generally can be fixed by minimizing joints in line, cleaning up joints (if you have to have them). Read some initial post in this thread where this thing has been discussed in detail.
Got the line rectified

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin: 37.8 25.3 db
Line Attenuation: 26.4 14.7 db

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Looks like they don't even know how to store password. Sent me plaintext password in sms. Such a shite move actually.

*i.imgur.com/VRRHHyW.png

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Looks like they don't even know how to store password. Sent me plaintext password in sms. Such a shite move actually.

*i.imgur.com/VRRHHyW.png

Nope, I don't think they are not using encryption in storing password, first time password are generally sent to user, its just they have used SMS.

- - - Updated - - -

BSNL revamped its payment site. To my surprise, it's way better than the old one.

Its good but useless, I already had trouble due to it as my last payment was not synced with their system and my line was taken out of service... despite of no dues..

Also, if you try to see bills through them, they gives "Sample BILL".

Everything is so messy with BSNL.. they have separate payment portal now, then another selfcare portal .. and then another stupid customer care section.. why can't they just get it all in one place.. wait.. I think know it.. more portals.. more portals... more tenders.. more chances to get money from vendors for top babus to grant them tenders.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the line rectified

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin: 37.8 25.3 db
Line Attenuation: 26.4 14.7 db

Thats now pretty strong figure.. should be cool now.

shijilt

Journeyman
How can I get use user Id ?
I have my BB username , but even customer care says my user Id is not generated !!
Without user Id I am unable to register for self care

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Nope, I don't think they are not using encryption in storing password, first time password are generally sent to user, its just they have used SMS.

Where did you read that ? Look for any good website (Amazon), you will never ever see your password in plaintext sent to you. It is not the best practice at all.

God forbid if Amazon ever does that they would be in for a long censure by security experts.

Flash

Lost in speed
l now, then another selfcare portal .. and then another stupid customer care section.. why can't they just get it all in one place.. wait.. I think know it.. more portals.. more portals... more tenders.. more chances to get money from vendors for top babus to grant them tenders.
More bosses at top level, maybe!

- - - Updated - - -

How can I get use user Id ?
I have my BB username , but even customer care says my user Id is not generated !!
Without user Id I am unable to register for self care
*selfcare.sdc.bsnl.co.in/selfcare/images/invoiceImage.gif

In your phone bill, check for the Customer ID, and create one here.

Once completed, they will mail you the userID and the password (in plain text format) :lol:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I'm on ULD1445. Before the so-called 2Mbps Upgrade, I used to get stable 120kbps after FUP. but now, My connection has become pretty unstable. My post FUP speed is sometime over 160kbps and sometime it suddenly falls to 50-70kbps. Is that only for me?

Not sure if I should be happy for the peak after FUP speed or worried about the stability.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I'm on ULD1445. Before the so-called 2Mbps Upgrade, I used to get stable 120kbps after FUP. but now, My connection has become pretty unstable. My post FUP speed is sometime over 160kbps and sometime it suddenly falls to 50-70kbps. Is that only for me?

Not sure if I should be happy for the peak after FUP speed or worried about the stability.

You are not alone then. Happening since Oct 1. Very unstable now.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

Same case for me also, for the exact Plan...issues of unstability is plaguing like virus infection.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Same case for me also, for the exact Plan...issues of unstability is plaguing like virus infection.

So it translate into that BSNL is not even able to handle 2mbps upto 1GB .. because now technically at start of month everyone will have 2mbps speed irrespective their plan., this makes things pretty hostile... then there is no hope for 2 mbps unlimited plan at all.....

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
So it translate into that BSNL is not even able to handle 2mbps upto 1GB .. because now technically at start of month everyone will have 2mbps speed irrespective their plan., this makes things pretty hostile... then there is no hope for 2 mbps unlimited plan at all.....
They could increase the FUP by 1 GB every month ;)

Top Bottom