** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Ricky said:
And I went to check same at my friend's place who is using BB and found that he is having 509/2043
Modems web interface should show 512/2048(thats the max i think under home plan).
PLz post the US,DS Margin and Line Attenuation frm Modem Status

Last edited:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Indyan said:
Their billing is totally crap. The bills for last 6 months have all been screwed up.
This month the original bill was something like 29k, after corrections it came down to 1.2k. The billed me wrongly even on unlimited connection.

You must have noticed some of my recent posts on this sticky. I too have this pending billing problem. I have been fighting with them for the last 1 month. Please tell me what did you do to solve this problem.

It's an earnest request....please.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

Well, I dont' understand what do you meant by US,DS margin but here are the stats.. of web interface..
*www.imagetor.com/out.php/t5004_adslmodemstats.jpg
as far as I understand they shld also make it 511/2043 on my line because its the maximum speed of data can be transferred on my adsl, the main way to limit data is I think their plan .. not this up/down link capacity !!

I am more concerened to know that whom should I contact ? Is it line fault or something to be set by exchange people or something related to broadband department ?
@digitized, draft an application with little bit of dhamki for Consumer forum as well irresponsibility of staff , first give it to concerned dept. and then wait for few days , if nothing happens then give to General Manager and ofcourse when going to General Manger go with some crowd .. !
This is the way one of my friend used !

Last edited:

mAYHEM

Journeyman

Ricky said:
Well, I dont' understand what do you meant by US,DS margin but here are the stats.. of web interface..
*www.imagetor.com/out.php/t5004_adslmodemstats.jpg
Line Attenuation
Measure of how much the signal has degraded between the DSLAM and the modem. Maximum signal loss recommendation is usually about 60dB.Lower is better.
20dB and below is outstanding
20dB-30dB is excellent
30dB-40dB is very good
40dB-50dB is good
50dB-60dB is poor and may experience connectivity issues

Ur DS Line Attenuation is 55dB which poor.

Noise Margin (Signal to Noise Ratio)
SNR represents the difference between the signal you are receiving or Sending and the natural level of noise on the line.6dB is the lowest dB manufactures specify for modem to be able to synch. In some instances interleaving can help raise the noise margin to an acceptable level. Higher number is better.
6dB or below is bad and will experience no synch or intermittent synch problems
7dB-10dB is fair but does not leave much room for variances in conditions
11dB-20dB is good with no synch problems
20dB-28dB is excellent
29dB or above is outstanding

Ur Down SNR is 6.5 dB which is again poor.

Here

Try to use G.dmt modulation as it use by bsnl and then others like ADSL2+,your Data Path Mode is FastMode,reboot ur modem try to get Interleaved Mode bcoz it has greater error tolerence and it should inscrease ur Down SNR.Have ur phone line checked.

techno tublai

Broken In

Hi all there, I am downloading with opera and it shows 31.4KBps. Is that supposed to be allright? And one thing for sure, the customer care guys are crap an illeterate(atleast technically) - they said you cant dial - up with a sulabh 2 line

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

techno tublai said:
Hi all there, I am downloading with opera and it shows 31.4KBps. Is that supposed to be allright? And one thing for sure, the customer care guys are crap an illeterate(atleast technically) - they said you cant dial - up with a sulabh 2 line

What!!! that's the biggest joke of the year. Connect to Dataone through dial-up Sulabh-II line and not through PPPoE....hahahaha...:mad:

jack// ani

In the zone

digitized said:
What!!! that's the biggest joke of the year. Connect to Dataone through dial-up Sulabh-II line and not through PPPoE....hahahaha...:mad:

ya...i guess it did qualified for the biggest joke of the year......LOLLLLLLLLLL

very funny

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

@mAHYEM
well, I tried to change to d.Gmt and was unable to connect ie.. the link was not getting stable so I have had to revert to ADSL2+.
But after that things got changed.. I am now again back to 507/56 means that only download speed of 56 kbps !
*www.imagetor.com/out.php/t5011_higherSNR.jpg

But.. what happened was all that I changed to d.Gmt then back to ADSL 2+ !!
Here..
*www.imagetor.com/out.php/t5012_whileinmultimode.jpg
When you suggested to change the Modulation so I was trying to all different available and the T1.413 give some better result. Now one thing I want to know that which Adsl technology is being used by bsnl ???
Here is new stats.
*www.imagetor.com/out.php/t5013_oddsetttingsfordsl.jpg

Last edited:

mAYHEM

Journeyman

Ricky said:
@mAHYEM
well, I tried to change to d.Gmt and was unable to connect ie.. the link was not getting stable so I have had to revert to ADSL2+.
But after that things got changed.. I am now again back to 507/56 means that only download speed of 56 kbps !
*www.imagetor.com/out.php/t5011_higherSNR.jpg

But.. what happened was all that I changed to d.Gmt then back to ADSL 2+ !!
Here..
*www.imagetor.com/out.php/t5012_whileinmultimode.jpg
Try to re-syn ur modem a no of times so that Interleaving can be activated.
But biggest problem seems to be that of phone line,have ur phone line checked as theres a lot of noise.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

Ya.. I have launge the complain about phone line, should be checked by tomorrow but what do you mean by re-sync the modem ?

mAYHEM

Journeyman

Ricky said:
Ya.. I have launge the complain about phone line, should be checked by tomorrow but what do you mean by re-sync the modem ?
When u disconnect and reconnect ur modem(like in the sitution of unstable link) then interleaved data path is activated automatically so as to make the link stable.

go4saket

I have a small problem with BSNL BB. If I leave my connection on and dont use the computer for some time, my connection automatically gets disconnected. This generally doesnt happen if I am using my computer. Now, why dows this happen and how can I prevent this from happening?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

go4saket said:
I have a small problem with BSNL BB. If I leave my connection on and dont use the computer for some time, my connection automatically gets disconnected. This generally doesnt happen if I am using my computer. Now, why dows this happen and how can I prevent this from happening?

Check in the connection properties whether that the internet will be disconnected when remaining idle for about 15-20 minutes.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent

^^
Where is that option in Internet properties??? I can't fine it.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Chirag said:
^^
Where is that option in Internet properties??? I can't fine it.

Go to Tools>Internet Options> Connections>select your connection>click settings>dial-up settings>properties>options tab>idle time before hanging up=never.:)

This should solve your problem.

go4saket

But Idle time before hangup in my connection is unticked. This means that this feature shouldnt be active...

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

Saket...
Simply log into Modem interface, there enter username and password and set your LAN to use Modem as gateway, DNS etc.. usually modem's ip is 192.168.1.1 depends upon make, see its manual.
I simply starts the modem and my internet start working.. if there is DC then again it take care of all itself. !

mtech84

Broken In

f---k dlink glb 502-t . i wasted whole day .. but still its not working...

Chirag

Cyborg Agent

^^
I have dlink and its working fine. What problem u having?

Top Bottom