**Post All Cellphone Related Queries Here**

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
shivi4 said:
can u suggest agood mobile phone with fm around 5k or less

please rely as i have to buy soon

Nokia 6610 from grey market or their entry level FM handset with warranty.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
u said only about FM. so u may try Nokia 2300 for around 3.5k
it comes with FM but does not have a colored screen

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
bendre123:

It will last some 32hrs or max of 38hrs only. No it's not as good as nokia phones.. with nokia, the battery lasts for atleast 2 days :D

suave_guy

pedal to metal
@bendre...basically u'll have to charge k700i everyday if u use it extensively, for eg. mp3s and FM radio, and if ur gonna use it normally then every alternate day...

@hellguardian...it will be bit expensive in patna...expect price arnd 13.5-14K

ENjoy...

allajunaki

Journeyman
K700i will last 2 days easily,
All sonyericsson phones which are successors to T610 (that is T630, K500, K700) all have a wierd battery indicator. That is @ the last level where battery indicatoer goes Red, it will remain so for a Very very long time.
I used to remeber when i had my T610, i used to charge once in 2 days, coz it used to come pretty close to red...(i was a heavy user then.. extensive use of cam and apps). My sis who also has the same phone told me that for her red means 2 days (light user) or so for her!!, thats when i realised that.. i can use my phone in red for almost a day.. by evening battrey low indicator comes.. and it will stay there for another 2-3hrs...
Maybe in K-series it may be shorter.. but i guess u will still get 2 and half days under moderate usage...

rohanwadhwa

Broken In
I asked the dealer again, he said SE K750i is for Rs 19.6K with warranty and bill ,and not the grey market one. though it is available only on order and will take 3-4 days to come after ordering.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
@allajunaki....i'm also using k700i for a week now(yes just bought it) and i mainly use it for multimedia purposes like FM radio and mp3s...so i've to charge it every alternate day atleast, if not everyday...the thing is that k700i has a better screen then its predecessors plus the mp3 playback....and thats why it looses out on battery...

the red indicaotor of the battery ur talking about is correct if we use the phone normally, but the moment u again start FM or mp3 it drains in no time...

and thats why i actually end up charging this phone everyday :p

infact i'm thinking of selling this phone now and get s700i which has a better battery and screen...

ENjoy...

Hi Sauve Guy,

What's the audio quality like? I mean the earphones.

Does it have a 2.5mm audio socket?

If YES, have you tried plugging in regular 3.5mm jacks of earphones (via jack adapter)?

And, if YES :lol: does this interfere with incoming calls? (as the mic contact is not shorted)

-Keith

suave_guy

pedal to metal
the audio quality of earphones is average to good...specially after u fiddle around with the phone's equalizer....bass is quite ok considering that its earphones...

but keep in mind that equalizer doesnt works with FM radio...

the quality of earphones is comparable to HDS-3 earphones provided by nokia in sets like 6230i or 6610i...

no, it doesnt have any audio socket...rather it has a port...quite similar to the pop port of nokia handsets....so obviously cant use regular 3.5mm jack earphones...

ENjoy...

allajunaki

Journeyman
hmm.... I think only phone SE made with 2.5mm port is SE P800/900/910.

All these phones feature a 2.5mm jack on the side.. and SE standard Connector @ bottom, So a normal SE headset can be connected @ bottom of the phone (wherein it switches to headset profile where, Only Phone conversations are redirected) and if we use SE 's 2.5mm Jack connector, it switches to handsfree mode, where in all audio is transferred(including calls)...

suave_guy said:
the audio quality of earphones is average to good...specially after u fiddle around with the phone's equalizer....bass is quite ok considering that its earphones...

but keep in mind that equalizer doesnt works with FM radio...

the quality of earphones is comparable to HDS-3 earphones provided by nokia in sets like 6230i or 6610i...

no, it doesnt have any audio socket...rather it has a port...quite similar to the pop port of nokia handsets....so obviously cant use regular 3.5mm jack earphones...

ENjoy...

Thanks. Very informative. Expect a review soon. Which model? Keep guessing. :lol:

-k

rohanwadhwa

Broken In
Hey guys,
Can anyone tell the difference b/w SE K750i and SE w800i except the battery life and the included memory size(64MB incase of k750i and 512 MB for w800i).????? Both can play Stereo MP3's and Radio and have 2 MP Camera.
Any other major feature in w800i over K750i ???
I cant make up my mind, is it really worth waiting for w800i??????????

drgrudge

thinkAI, if u had gone thro this thread u would have found the answer to this question.. posting again

I like 6600 personally.
But it too has disadvantages.
- no FM/Mp3 playback (but can be done with third party spftwares)
- low speaker volume
- slow processor (but with more memory of MMC it's a bit faster)

And with k700i, we have:
- no expandable memory
- bad keypads (IMO)
- no symbian OS
- Night mode cam quality is not that good
- compactibilty issues

So see the pros and cons and decide. I personally will go for 6600 :D

Search:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19565&highlight=6600+700i
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19491&highlight=6600+700i

supernova

Mr. S Nova
Does anyone here owns or know about LG G1800 cellphone. i.e. their MP3 phone.???Can anyone Tell me how's it.......
Moreover is there any comment on LG phones in general???

drgrudge

supernova:
LG1800 is a very good phone and a value buy.. it costs less than 8k.

Features:
* MP3 player
* Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3 ringtones
* 256K colors LCD

Coments:
Again a cheap phone which got mp3 playback options. And other various basic features with a really good screen with 265k LCD.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
drgrudge said:
supernova:
LG1800 is a very good phone and a value buy.. it costs less than 8k.

Features:
* MP3 player
* Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3 ringtones
* 256K colors LCD

Coments:
Again a cheap phone which got mp3 playback options. And other various basic features with a really good screen with 265k LCD.

Thanks drgrudge....

In yesterday's HT (Delhi). According to the revised prices, G1800 is available for 5990/-. It also comes with hansfree stereo headset and USB cable.
I think it is a very good buy.
However, i need comments from a user (if there's any...) about it's battery and sound clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom