Please review my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
@The Unknown

Any specific reason why you ALLOW users to post HTML ? ? Why not plain text for comment ?

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
okay, I found another solution - I disabled user registration and comments can contain HTML but NO scripts - This was there previously also, but didn't come to my mind :) Now all browsers can browse the website.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
The layout looks screwed up on IE and wide screen monitor .. The Captcha doesnt work .. I didnt realise that it was required to fill the captcha image .. Just submitted the form and the vote got registered ...

*img231.imageshack.us/img231/3964/itechrb1.th.jpg

And btw .. The first article on the page looks like a tutorial "Prevent image theft" and you describe a method on how to do that and then you go ahead and say "I dont know whether it works or not " .. Bad habit ...

Anyway, puting those directives will make Apache serve the image files only if the referrer is your site address ie if people will hotlink your images on their site, it wont work .. You wont be able to stop people from saving the images on their computer .. That "image theft" is actually saving some bandwidth of your site which is getting lost to people who are hotlinking your images .. And while we are at it .. this will cause Google not to index your images ...

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
The layout looks screwed up on IE and wide screen monitor .. The Captcha doesnt work .. I didnt realise that it was required to fill the captcha image .. Just submitted the form and the vote got registered ...

*img231.imageshack.us/img231/3964/itechrb1.th.jpg

And btw .. The first article on the page looks like a tutorial "Prevent image theft" and you describe a method on how to do that and then you go ahead and say "I dont know whether it works or not " .. Bad habit ...

Anyway, puting those directives will make Apache serve the image files only if the referrer is your site address ie if people will hotlink your images on their site, it wont work .. You wont be able to stop people from saving the images on their computer .. That "image theft" is actually saving some bandwidth of your site which is getting lost to people who are hotlinking your images .. And while we are at it .. this will cause Google not to index your images ...
Dude, Image theft, in the sense actually means Bandwidth Theft. Another site hotlinking from the source server will eat the bandwidth of the source server not the site which is hotlinking. Otherwise its fine. the user can do anything with the image. :)

there is one more method for this given in Httpd Wiki but using mod_rewrite.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Technology magnified 7 times is such a SUCKY tagline. As I said earlier, if I make a site which says Technology magnified 9 times, it OWNS your site. Besides, dont you think the tag sucks, yourself?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i find nothing wrong with the tag line, it's a good tag line only if the number 7 has any known significance with your life ;)

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Technology magnified 7 times is such a SUCKY tagline. As I said earlier, if I make a site which says Technology magnified 9 times, it OWNS your site. Besides, dont you think the tag sucks, yourself?

i find nothing wrong with the tag line, it's a good tag line only if the number 7 has any known significance with your life ;)

Can both of you suggest a tagline as I said in some post above.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I seriously doubt how well your website is perceived because you have no original content. All is ripped off from another site and you have included 'source' link at the bottom.

BTW are you sure that you have the republishing rights for those articles? Remember, putting a 'source' link down the post does NOT give you the permission to republish the post.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@iMav

Nobody who visits the website cares about 7 being significant to his life. Its a website name, something that represents him, and its not Numerology. His excuse of it being the only domain available, and to cover up for the 7 in the name, "Technology magnified 7 times" is sooo pathetic. And Unknown, you registered the domain. You get a tagline. I cant think of any taglines now. Considering that 7 doesnt have a real purpose, its no use thinking of a fake reason for that 7. Buying that domain name was the worst decision you made, and your lack of content is next.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@iMav

Nobody who visits the website cares about 7 being significant to his life. Its a website name, something that represents him, and its not Numerology. His excuse of it being the only domain available, and to cover up for the 7 in the name, "Technology magnified 7 times" is sooo pathetic. And Unknown, you registered the domain. You get a tagline. I cant think of any taglines now. Considering that 7 doesnt have a real purpose, its no use thinking of a fake reason for that 7. Buying that domain name was the worst decision you made, and your lack of content is next.
well dude it's his website and I for 1 find absolutely nothing wrong with a tag line that has some personal relevance, it's his site after all, he likes the number 7 for all it's worth

@unknown: great efforts considering you are 15, but as pointed out by rohan, if u want to share something you read on some other site, then write in your own words and then post it on ur site, will help you develop writing skills too :)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
But if you read his post, he says he bought the domain with the 7 in it only because itech.com was not available. So people were commenting like, the website name is not like an email id, if he doesnt get abc@gmail.com he can go for abc444@gmail.com, doesnt make a difference, but in a website name, it does.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ The Unknown.

Nice thought man! but you need to revamp your site or just switch to other CMS... And Wordpress is a best CMS for startup and for some decent sites. As you know, u can customize it easily.

And the current theme u r using is bit ugly....

And anyway, I wish u all the best with ur site... thats it :)

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I seriously doubt how well your website is perceived because you have no original content. All is ripped off from another site and you have included 'source' link at the bottom.

BTW are you sure that you have the republishing rights for those articles? Remember, putting a 'source' link down the post does NOT give you the permission to republish the post.

Well, did you see all the pages ? There are many of original my hand written articles. BTW, I don't think you read the Content-Copyrights page :?

@iMav

7 is known to be a lucky number... and for content as I said its increasing daily..

well dude it's his website and I for 1 find absolutely nothing wrong with a tag line that has some personal relevance, it's his site after all, he likes the number 7 for all it's worth

@unknown: great efforts considering you are 15, but as pointed out by rohan, if u want to share something you read on some other site, then write in your own words and then post it on ur site, will help you develop writing skills too :)

That's what was my plan........ but I do that with some articles only.

But if you read his post, he says he bought the domain with the 7 in it only because itech.com was not available. So people were commenting like, the website name is not like an email id, if he doesnt get abc@gmail.com he can go for abc444@gmail.com, doesnt make a difference, but in a website name, it does.

7 is known to be a lucky number

@ The Unknown.

Nice thought man! but you need to revamp your site or just switch to other CMS... And Wordpress is a best CMS for startup and for some decent sites. As you know, u can customize it easily.

And the current theme u r using is bit ugly....

And anyway, I wish u all the best with ur site... thats it :)

I won't ever go for WP! I have had a very bad experience with WP!! And, choices of all won't be similar, many chat guys told me the theme was good ... dunno why u don't like it :(

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
The Unknown said:
actually the site's URL was to be itech.com but it wasn't available so I purchased this one.

7 is known to be a lucky number

Different reasons at different times? :!:

Lets not argue, we understand that you are trying to cover up desperately for the 7 in the name. Think of something good.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Ok, here is your copyrights page

itech7 copyrights page said:
Content here on this site "itech7.com" posted from other sites will have a link to the original article. This indicates that the original author/site is the copyright holder of the content. If the link is absent or you feel your copyrights are being violated, please drop a mail to admin [at] itech7 [dot] com to place the original link to the article OR get it removed.

Otherwise all other content posted by iTech7.com is licensed under Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial 2.5 India and is

Copyright © iTech7.com

Why don't you understand that by giving the source link, you do not get the permission to republish the article.

Why don't you read the copyright law first rather than arguing about me?

FYI, even if such copyright infringements suits are not common in India, on the net, one such complaint could get your site immediately down. Then what are you going to magnify 7 times?

Anyways, do remember to read the copyright laws.

BTw your site is too slow to load. ASk your host why it is slow.

Anyone else feeling that itech7 is slow?

Since you know PHP and (My)SQL, have you considered building your own simple blog application?

It easy to build a simple, no frills blog engine. It has several advantages over using a standard scripts like wordpress or joomla or drupal.

I made one for me. I don't have to worry about keeping it updated to prevent hacking or vulnerability.
And yes, it simple than you think.

Moreover, it will be a very good chance to show your programming skill and impress your visitors. Think about it!

Last edited:

ahref

In the zone
Why don't you understand that by giving the source link, you do not get the permission to republish the article.
Those who dont want itech7.com copy their content can use meta tag nofollow by itech7.com

Google also copy others content without permission.

When some content is published in anyone's website for public viewing, then It is automatically copied in various websites and computers.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Ok, here is your copyrights page

itech7 copyrights page said:
Content here on this site "itech7.com" posted from other sites will have a link to the original article. This indicates that the original author/site is the copyright holder of the content. If the link is absent or you feel your copyrights are being violated, please drop a mail to admin [at] itech7 [dot] com to place the original link to the article OR get it removed.

Otherwise all other content posted by iTech7.com is licensed under Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial 2.5 India and is

Copyright © iTech7.com

Why don't you read the copyright law first rather than arguing about me?

FYI, even if such copyright infringements suits are not common in India, on the net, one such complaint could get your site immediately down. Then what are you going to magnify 7 times?

Anyways, do remember to read the copyright laws.

BTw your site is too slow to load. ASk your host why it is slow.

Anyone else feeling that itech7 is slow?

Since you know PHP and (My)SQL, have you considered building your own simple blog application?

It easy to build a simple, no frills blog engine. It has several advantages over using a standard scripts like wordpress or joomla or drupal.

I made one for me. I don't have to worry about keeping it updated to prevent hacking or vulnerability.
And yes, it simple than you think.

Moreover, it will be a very good chance to show your programming skill and impress your visitors. Think about it!

You missed the first line which is the most important part of the page!!!!!!! :evil:

BTW, I didn't receive slowness errors from any of my chat friends except you!

I was thinking of building my own PHP-MySQL application, but since the site was to be a community site, it became difficult, also nobody was there to help me..... ok , no help for a small app but building a larger with some features is quite hard .....

Those who dont want itech7.com copy their content can use meta tag nofollow by itech7.com

Google also copy others content without permission.

When some content is published in anyone's website for public viewing, then It is automatically copied in various websites and computers.

nice point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom