PC Buying Guide 2013 - Q4

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, 2500K is a better choice. I think we can have a separate config with H77 + i5 3550 combination if someone wants an Ivy Bridge rig.

blackbird

Journeyman
Can you guys include a STRICT Budget HTPC ?
Features like
HDMI
DOLBY
1080p
Multi format.
wifi (if possible)
USB 3.0

Most of the machine 25-30k range will do that but i see that gigabyte a55 doesn't include a HDMI port rather it have a DVI port.
So kindly suggest and include that in the template

And Thank you all of you for dedicating time in building this thread...

Cilus

laborare est orare
DVI port is enough unless you are using your LCD TV or Monitor with in-built speakers. The only diff between HDMI and DVI is that HDMI can carry both digital Video and Audio signal whereas DVI can carry only Video signal. But the video quality offered is smae for both.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Bumping to get advice on these suggestions by me, made earlier this thread.

Guys I think we should have a look at these - Cabinets Price List India: Computer Components: Flipkart.com

Lancool cabinets are now available at Flipkart. It's priced between 3.5k to 5.5k for some lower end models and ranges upto 12k for higher end ones. I think we can recommend the Lancool PCK56 and PCK56W which are available at 3.5k and 3.7k respectively.

For those looking something above the NZXT Source 210 (Most people can't find it anyways, not available in North India and many other parts), and below 4k, Lancool can be a good option.

These cabinets will beat the Cooler Master 431, and 430 models by a good margin. They have better looks, transparent window (PCK56W model), cable management, and also comes with 2 fans built in as compared to 1 fan in CM, no cable management, and costly choices.

I think instead of adding NZXT Source 210 Elite, we should now add Lancool PCK56W in all PC configurations above, posted by RiGOD.

Moreover, we should stop recommending Altec Lansing BXR1221. Many people have had bad experience with them including me, my sister and my two friends. Instead, Creative SBS235 2.1 Speakers are much much better choice, costs 1300 in local market, base output is good,sound is very crisp and clear, mids are also good. Overall it's a much better choice over BXR1221.

Lol no :p

Well I already specified that, most people can't find NZXT Source 210, and some people are willing to go for CM 431 and 430. This cabinet will be best for them.

So here's a little hierarchy chart on which cabinets people buy with different budgets under 5k -

1.8k - CM 310
2.2k - CM 311
2.4k - NZXT Source 210 2lite
2.7k - NZXT Gamma
3.2k - CM 311 Plus, CM 430
4k - CM 431
4.4k - Corsair 300R

Now I want to change the second and third last options to Lancool PCK56W instead of 311 Plus, CM 430, CM 431. Obviously Corsair 300R is way better choice over Lancool and CMs, but it'a price is a little over 4.4k, so people refrain from buying it.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^BitFenix Merc Alpha is also a good alternative to NZXT Source 210 Elite. Atleast they're of the same price range.

I see no point in going for CM Elite 430/431 for high end builds as cable management is kinda pain in them. In that range PC-K56/K56W can be suggested.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^BitFenix Merc Alpha is also a good alternative to NZXT Source 210 Elite. Atleast they're of the same price range.

I see no point in going for CM Elite 430/431 for high end builds as cable management is kinda pain in them. In that range PC-K56/K56W can be suggested.

Yes, Merc Alpha can also do the Job. But there are MANY people who go for CM 430 and 431, everytime they do, my heart cries :(

dfcols71

In the zone
Moreover, we should stop recommending Altec Lansing BXR1221. Many people have had bad experience with them including me, my sister and my two friends. Instead, Creative SBS235 2.1 Speakers are much much better choice, costs 1300 in local market, base output is good,sound is very crisp and clear, mids are also good. Overall it's a much better choice over BXR1221.-desiJATT

i didnt find any reviews of Creative SBS235 2.1 Speakers,if you can find one please post
altec lansing has few reviews
Altec Lansing BXR1221 - PC multimedia speaker system Review | ZDNet
more viewer feed back of altech lansing BXR1221 over Creative SBS235 2.1 in flip kart seems to be better

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Logitech Z313 could also be suggested which is being sold @1.7K

It was there in previous versions of guides but I don't know why it was removed.

PentiumD

Broken In
In PC config, add a starter PC at 15k for school students & also a best HTPC config with mini-ITX for power saving. Many indians dont know about mini-itx which is very much popular in west..

Now celeron 430 processor is available at flipkart & also mini-itx motherboards

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Should 3770K be suggested over 2600K? Ever?

Pros:
1-3% better performance over i7 2600K at 4.7GHz (iGPU not included).
HD 4000 performs better than the HD 3000, but if you're using a discrete graphics card, it won't matter. It also won't affect Quick Sync times that much, either.
Supports PCIE 3.0, but only about a 1% improvement with a HD 7970 and GTX 680.

Cons:
~30% higher temperatures over an i7 2600K at 4.7GHz
No power consumption advantage over an i7 2600K at 4.7GHz, even though it's using .5V less.

After analyzing these facts, I would definitely say, no.
Wait for HasWell.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Pls Help Anyone Quick : Which one of these speakers should I buy ?
1. Creative SBS A335 @ 1.675k
2. F&D A-520 @ 1.617k

My usage are Gaming , Some Music Listening and Watching Movies.

dfcols71

In the zone
is this a good deal
Combo Offer

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboards

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

Gskill F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL X 2
rs-Rs. 28,450.00
Buy ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7-3770K RAM 8GB in Mumbai India
primeabgb edited the link actualy it was showing i7 3770k ,but now they have changed it to i5 3570k so not worth the deal

as proof of their editing there is no cpu i7 3570k only i5 3570k

Last edited:
Top Bottom