PC Buying Guide 2013 - Q4

mak1290

Right off the assembly line
AMD FX8120 overclocking ques

I am in india n giong to buy FX8120 with Asus M5A97-Pro.I have already owned Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cooler..
If AMD FX 8120 is comfortable for all type of heavy gaming and multitasking works??as i dnt have budget to buy intel 2500K,so going for FX8120...And if it can be overclocked to 4ghz with cooler master hyper 212evo..??If it cant then how much it can be overclocked with cm hyper 212 evo to run it at high loads??

Cilus

laborare est orare
Instead of FX-8120, get Phenom II X6 1090T or 1100T. They are better suited for gaming and most of the cases offer better multi-tasking performance unless the software is specially designed to support the advanced instruction sets like AVX, FMA4 etc.

commsanjay

Broken In
hi,
What has happened to the PC Configuration feature? It is Q3 now, but even Q2 configurations are nowhere in sight. We are eagerly awaiting those. What has happened? can anybody update, pls?

Sanjay

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
hi,
What has happened to the PC Configuration feature? It is Q3 now, but even Q2 configurations are nowhere in sight. We are eagerly awaiting those. What has happened? can anybody update, pls?

Sanjay

check post no. 579 in this page itself by me. There are many configs mentioned there.

commsanjay

Broken In
Tks very much.
Blackbird in his post 576 has given a price list. That Has Asrock H61M U3S3
having USB3 and even sata3 costing Rs.4500. seems VFM.
How does it compare with motherboards in configs which has either ASUS P8H61-M PLUS V2 or ASUS P8H61-M LX? Also any suggestions for similar spec/price range but better motherboards?
Thanks in advance.

blackbird

Journeyman
^^
No one seems to be interested in mini itx alas
Okay here is the answer to you query..
ASRock may seems to be good option but again we don't know abt the service (ASS)

Another think if u need SATA 3 AND USB 3 and some other features like Esata port, HDMI and DVI port than go for DH67BL / CL (LARGE) it will come around 5400 will be you best bet plus it is a good board for upgrade just right amount

Also remember to check out my thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/159293-gaming-rig-under-35k-accesory.html

i posted my latest purchase. you will get good idea on the rates...

Do check the Processor support list also want to give u one tip do not buy ram over 1333mhz if u are buying i3 or less config in INTEL... over above it will be good also use dual channel setup for good result..check internet for what is dual channel setup...

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Make a separate thread filling up questionnaire for better suggestions.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The tables on the first post won't be working because of this reason. Time to switch to the newer format.

What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get Editor enabled.

Also note - The old [ Table ] tag will stop working now. Get used to the new way.

Screenshots:

Switching between WSIWYG Editor and Standard Editor. Note: Quick Reply and Quick Edit will continue to have Standard editor.

*i.imgur.com/CMq8g.png

The new way of creating a table.

*i.imgur.com/K7Zqo.png

*i.imgur.com/nX4ql.png

You can always switch back to the standard editor for viewing BB Code.

*i.imgur.com/gBFtd.png

manthanboeing

Right off the assembly line
Just a noob building his first computer and asking noob questions:
It is about compatibility

1) is this: Asus MAXIMUS V GENE
compatible with this ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 670 AMP! Edition ?

Also, is the same motherboard, compatible with the normal EVGA GTX 670?

Top Bottom