Overheating problems

Vishw

Journeyman
I already have 6 fans in my Tempest EVO! :)
I was talking about the Hyper 212. It comes with one 120mm fan, but it's upgradable to dual fans & brackets for 2nd fan are included. That's why I was asking is adding 2nd fan worth it? or the stock is enough?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I already have 6 fans in my Tempest EVO! :)
I was talking about the Hyper 212. It comes with one 120mm fan, but it's upgradable to dual fans & brackets for 2nd fan are included. That's why I was asking is adding 2nd fan worth it? or the stock is enough?

adding another 120mm will reduce the temp by 3-4C and your cpu will run even more cooler than ever ;-)

Vishw

Journeyman
I hope those two fans will be quiet [if I add the 2nd one]! ;)
But I've a doubt if 212+ will fit comfortably in the Tempest EVO? It's pretty tall cooler, I hope it doesn't touch the side panel fan! I googled quiet a bit but couldn't find definitive answer.

Vishw

Journeyman
^^ Official dimensions:

Hyper 212 Plus - 120 x 79.7 x 158.5 mm (L x W x H)

Tempest EVO - 211.5 X 521.5 X 562 mm (W x H x D)
Cooler Clearance - 134.5 mm (with fan), 159.5 mm (without fan)

So does that mean with fan it won't fit? :-?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
It should fit. It has a larger depth than my CM690, which takes an NH D14.

My cabinet is: (W) 213 x (H) 482 x (D) 525 mm

and the NH - D14 is: 160mm is height. So overall my cabinet has a depth (w) much less than yours and the and my HSF is just 2mm more. You should be able to manage. Easily. That is a deep cabinet.

The see NH-D14 vs. the Hyper 212 (similar to your PLUS)
*img97.imageshack.us/img97/4397/dsc01555h.jpg
*img638.imageshack.us/img638/567/dsc01556i.jpg

Last edited:

Vishw

Journeyman
OK. Found one pic! Click! :D
Good then, I'll see if I can get it locally first, else will order from ITWares. :)
Thanks! :)

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

My local dealer only has the older version & ITWares guy says "Hyper 212 Plus is End of Life now. It's not going to be available anymore."

tkin

Back to school!!
OK. Found one pic! Click! :D
Good then, I'll see if I can get it locally first, else will order from ITWares. :)
Thanks! :)

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

My local dealer only has the older version & ITWares guy says "Hyper 212 Plus is End of Life now. It's not going to be available anymore."
They are blatantly lying:
Hyper 212 Plus (fan bracket version) - Cooler Master
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7
Does not look eol'ed to me.

The 212 had been eol'ed, the plus is its successor.

Vishw

Journeyman
^^ Funny! That's the link I gave to him for reference, when I asked him if he have it! I also said to him "It's highly recommended everywhere!" & that was his reply! So I guess I'll just have to look elsewhere! Prime & SMC both don't have it on their site. Delta & Lynx seems to have older version. Why doesn't CM themselves sell it online?

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Funny! That's the link I gave to him for reference, when I asked him if he have it! I also said to him "It's highly recommended everywhere!" & that was his reply! So I guess I'll just have to look elsewhere! Prime & SMC both don't have it on their site. Delta & Lynx seems to have older version. Why doesn't CM themselves sell it online?
You're not the first, almost no website(apart from lynx) lists the logitech g500 mouse, I got it locally at a good price, go to local shops and ask around. If the sites do not have the product they will say stuff like that, so you buy something else from them.

tkin

Back to school!!
Playing Dirt 2 for an hour, fan speed auto, room ambient about 36c+
*i54.tinypic.com/m7vdc.jpg
Looks normal??

PS: GPU fans max out at 30% at this temp, it only picks up after 90c(quiet fan profile by xfx).

Top Bottom