• MINT

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Re: %::::: Open Source :::::%

i requested GG a week ago. . .. I Already have GG installed on my machine but i dont have the CD :(

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief

avikchaks said:
I googled "restricted-drivers-manager" , but still am in doubt .
Will the Ubuntu CD contain the latest ATI drivers or is there any Ubuntu maintained database from which we get ATI drivers.

Also how to find out if Ubuntu will work with my ATI x1250 onboard grfx :p

Googled it? For what? Ubuntu will auto start it after install to help you get the restricted drivers installed from the CD.

I can assure you it will work fine. Gutsy RC had issues with your graphic chipset on boot (Live) but that has been corrected in the final. The final will detect your resolution properly on Live as well, its a real good release.

And as for now, ATi drivers in Ubuntu repositories/CD have only the *7* version and not the recent *8*. But its available in the backports which means an Update is on its way soon. If you're still in hurry of getting the latest, use Envy and it'll make installing ATi's official drivers (Downloaded from AMD's site) a piece of cake.

You can look at Envy script here:
*www.albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Garbage

God of Mistakes...

Though u don't have, but I will suggest u to go for Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5

It is based on Ubuntu. Check the link...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer

shirish_nagar said:
Though u don't have, but I will suggest u to go for Ubuntu Ultimate 1.5

It is based on Ubuntu. Check the link...

It is still FEISTY FAWN based. Gutsy version is not yet available.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer

Guys, the creator of this thread has already installed "Mint". I find no reason for people still suggesting distros.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

azzu said:
yup iam on it now
but curious about UBUNTU ULTIMATE
I will sue you for copyright volition, "curious" is copyrighted by me:p

All right Reserved(c)

OP
azzu

azzu

AJJU

^^ wooo gary uncle is angry :D :D :D
btw wat do u guys say about UBUNTU ULTIMATE ?

avikchaks

Ex-KGB

Guys
Im not able to use Emerald themer . I downloaded mac4lin from gnome-look.org
but the how do i get it the emerald themer to apply it to my OS ? :p

praka123

left this forum longback

My choice is Debian till their community survives.excellent packages,very much stable,but not so n00b friendly.I use Debian Sid apt-pinned with Lenny(testing) and experimental repos.I uses debian daily build sid minimal cd to start install.installed in two peoples system with Debian lenny.Sid means daily 40-80+MBs of download :( .for 3-4 months i tried experimental,to use experimental u must be ready to try packages and few of them are sure-buggy and hence report in bugzilla and also u may need to know some coding and other concepts.so,i returned back to Sid(unstable repo,but STABLE!) using few experimental packages :p
*www.debian.org

Also I dual boot with Ubuntu(which i hardly use.but sometime boots) feisty/today or tomorrow i'll be installing gutsy dvd for x86 which i downloaded along with amd64-bit version for @Din.I used torrents and really fast!4hrs+or- 5min.for 4.2GB! :D .

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

Wait few days: ) You forgot to add Sabayon and its 14 days only for Fedora 8 ;) Wait for few days after I post a berif review of 4 OS.. and 2 review are complete :)

Last edited:

avikchaks

Ex-KGB

mehulved said:
You have beryl or compiz-fusion installed already?

I have Beryl it was installed by default . I have even updated beryl to 0.3.0 version, and the heart shaped icon shows up on the taskbar

but the problem Im facing is with Emerald themer .. I mean I click/double click on the themes and nothing happens , it just doesnt load the themes . How do I load the themes ?

Any chances these problems might be eliminated if I shift to GG ?

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^i happen to have the solution to your theme problem :)

right click the heart shaped beryl icon in the task bar and select 'standard beryl decorator(emarald)' in select windows decorator.

avikchaks

Ex-KGB

The_Devil_Himself said:
^^its working for me!

Here , when I select Window Manager as Beryl , the screen blinks a cpl of times and goes back to GNOME Metacity. It no problems with Compiz however - it can be selected .

I have selected Emerald as Window Decorator . But when I click on those darned themes , nothing happens .

Any coments ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom