Official Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) Thread

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Well official Gingerbread is here for i9003. A tight slap on those who doubted it :D

I will install XXKPH tonight and post feedback tomorrow.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Actually it is rolled out in Russia it seems. Yet to come to other places. SamFirmware has uploaded on hotfile though. I read on xda that someone installed this and had some glitches so I am on hold as of now. XXKPE is doing great for me...

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Mobile to PC video calls are not possible in my opinion.

Fring supports mobile to mobile video calls which is true for i9003 too but Fring does not have any PC client.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Is the i9003 Gingerbread update officially available yet? Its been 8 months since Gingerbread was released. Can I go to a service center and get the update?

I am wary of using Odin to update the phone because once I had updated my Samsung Tocco, and after the update, its awesome 5mp camera failed and would not start...

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Several people have already updated their i9003s to GB without any issues. As a matter of fact I am very happy with the increased battery backup :)

In xda one person (from India) has said that when he took his phone for repair they updated it with Gingerbread. Although if that was the case it should been available officially too.

wwwescape

Journeyman
Suddenly the video recording on my phone has become very dark as compared to the camera. I'm sure it was normal before as the videos I shot before all were bright and clear. I've checked all the settings and they're all normal. Anyone know how to fix this?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I am upgrading my sister's Galaxy SL to I9003XXKPQ now... Its still on Froyo, and Kies does not detect the phone... So, I might have to go the Odin way...

I am using the guide on [GUIDE] XXKPQ/XXKPN/XXKPM/XXKPH/XXKPE/XXKP7/KP9 Gingerbread Update - xda-developers

Cheers!

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Good. Try some custom ROM like Chippy ROM or super tweakz... I am using later and it's giving me good 1 1/2 day's of battery

kbar1

Journeyman
Samsung releasing new firmware/feature pack for SGSL:

[Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for GALAXY S II | Facebook]

In addition, we'll also offer Android 2.3 Gingerbread firmware upgrades for GALAXY S, GALAXY Tab 7", GALAXY S Plus, GALAXY S SCL (Super Clear LCD) and GALAXY W from end [of] March. The firmware upgrades for GALAXY S, for example, include Face Unlock, Snapshot, Photo Editor, and others.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Today is a very sad day for my sister's Galaxy SL...

Last month, it developed some problems after upgrading to XXKPU via Samsung kies... Random reboots... Sometimes reboots every few minutes...

I tried the usual... trying out different ROMs to see if it solves the issue... After trying out many custom ROMs and stock ROMs, I could not solve the problems...

From stock recovery, when I tried Factory Reset option, it would give some error, saying it could not do it... Some folder inaccessible...

So, I guessed that internal phone memory, where the OS is installed, was corrupted... physically corrupt... So, gave it to the service center.

But I was disappointed. My phone warranty expired only 7 days ago... So disappointed. I wish I had gone straight to the service center instead of trying to fix it myself...

What a waste... :(

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
problem with android? like, if something goes wrong, we tend to fix them first, and if we can't fix it, then take it to service center to know, we damaged it further. :D

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Upgraded firmwire to DDLF2. And installed Remics-UX ICS ROM. Now the battery life has increased tremendously. About 16hrs of medium usage drains only 40% of battery. Previously, with XXKPQ, which drains battery like anything.

I feel good, after a long time, for using this phone. And since, DDLF2 is an official update, it will not void warranty. You can claim it.

Some of the improvements i have noticed with Firmwire.
1. High speed.
2. Best battery backup, i have ever seen for this mobile.
3. No connectivity issues.

The advantages of using Remics-UX ICS ROM is
1. Nice camera app, with improved pic quality.
2. Smooth UI.
3. Nice Animations.

All in all, this is an awesome firmwire and must install for all i9003 users.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Why is it called ICS ? Is it based on CM9 ? If yes then there are hw accl and recording issues.
I am currently using 'TitaniumS v3.2' rom based on DDKP4, its very smooth too but rarely gives a wifi problem.

This one ?
*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1844062

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Why is it called ICS ? Is it based on CM9 ? If yes then there are hw accl and recording issues.
I am currently using 'TitaniumS v3.2' rom based on DDKP4, its very smooth too but rarely gives a wifi problem.

This one ?
[ROM][PORT][ICS][4.0.4] RemICS v1.6 - SIII Look & Feel [04-09-2012] - xda-developers

Yes, that link only.

It is based on CM9.
I am not getting any WiFi issues.
And it is super smooth.
Batter life is around 1.5 ~ 2 days

Top Bottom