Official Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) Thread

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Guys, anyone updated to XXKPE update? How are things working out? Is this an official update available at Samsung Service centers? -- [I9003] XXKPE (GB 2.3.4 - Build date: July 24th) Feedback - xda-developers

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Well I am on XXKPE. It is stable, all functions work properly. Official update is still elusive though :(
Some people say that when they took their handsets to Samsung Center for repair etc. their devices got flashed with GB...

msaiashwin

Journeyman
Is the official gingerbread update available through KIES? How much time does it take to update? And how is the stability of the official release?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
@furious_gamer: yes dude...I did that last night itself. Battery life has extended significantly. Rest, no bugs as such. Couldn't test MKV files. Will do it today after reaching home. GPS works fine. I mean I tried on Google maps and it did lock swiftly.

Angry Birds has some issues with GB, it never worked (all versions). Maybe I should try uninstalling and re-installing. All other games (which I tried worked).

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
@furious, you will be glad to know that what I said earlier about battery backup was wrong...the battery is now lasting significantly longer than earlier.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ I am very glad to know that. So that means yes to install the new FW i guess. BTW if i dont put .pit file, my data's will not get erased. Only apps will go off. Right?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Installed XXKPE on phone, the first install had many issues, like non working cam and videos not playing. Reflashed it and everything is fine . GPS works absolutely fine, locks satellites in seconds.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Well, i have this problem. Whenever i try to connect my phone to PC via USB. it is giving "Device driver not installed properly" error. But it worked few weeks ago and now i am unable to update with XXKPE.... :(

But when i connect it as Mass Storage it is working. What's the issue, is it with the PC or phone?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
yes you need samsung drivers for it to work. See if you have all the samsung drivers listed in the image below.

*i39.tinypic.com/bg2xko.jpg

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ If i install Kies, will it not install the drivers by default?

If not, please direct me to link to download drivers. (Sorry i am unable to find the link :sigh: )

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Cant provide the link , when i connected my phone first time , windows(7) did it automatically.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ But not for me, my home PC was working fine till last week, but now both my laptop and desktop having same issues. Any other solutions?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ It is not-checked. So nothing to try, huh? *sigh* I am so unable to upgrade a new firmware which is at least better than my current one.

Top Bottom