Official Android discussion thread

R2K

In the Zone
My Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S came preloaded with a bunch of crapwares which looks like its kinda impossible to uninstall. Since I'm new to android I'm not confident about rooting it and going with custom roms. ( Atleast not for now :D) Is there anyway I can atleast hide these icons from app list/screen atleast.

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
My Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S came preloaded with a bunch of crapwares which looks like its kinda impossible to uninstalled. Since I'm new to android I'm not confident about rooting it and going with custom roms. ( Atleast not for now :D) Is there anyway I can atleast hide these icons from app list/screen atleast.
Use a custom launcher (like GO Launcher) and hide the icons.

R2K

In the Zone
Did you guys install / use any cache cleaning app in your android device. Which cache cleaning app do you guys recommend.

Use a custom launcher (like GO Launcher) and hide the icons.

Installed Go launcher and it does the job. Thank you :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Did you guys install / use any cache cleaning app in your android device. Which cache cleaning app do you guys recommend.

1tap cleaner for everyday use. it has a nag screen whenever you launch it but is fast & cleans all leftover files.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
1tap cleaner for everyday use. it has a nag screen whenever you launch it but is fast & cleans all leftover files.

+1. It's very good, has a default cleaner too. Makes the task wee bit easier.

masterkd

Padawan
Suddenly my phone battery usage has been increase..after checking what i see is android core systems has been eating too much power(50%)..any idea how to save power??

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Suddenly my phone battery usage has been increase..after checking what i see is android core systems has been eating too much power(50%)..any idea how to save power??
Install Better Battery Stats, and check for wakelocks.

Err.. You're clearly not aware of things such as leaks, and CM9. Next time, do your research before calling someone a fool :/

I did a lot research on this thing. I have pointedThis link clearly says "Android 4.0 ICS update is now seeding for Samsung Galaxy S II"

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Also guys I have LG Optimus net how do I install apps on my SD Card? I have installed just 4-5 apps and now I see error coming not sufficient space. Maybe I need to get a way to install apps on SD Card.

ask this question in the Optimus One thread, others will guide you better in this. you can use App2SD but i have no idea how to configure it. haven't used it yet.

Install Better Battery Stats, and check for wakelocks.

@masterkd, get the app from XDA Forum. Same app is paid one is market.

I did a lot research on this thing. I have pointedThis link clearly says "Android 4.0 ICS update is now seeding for Samsung Galaxy S II"

(official) ICS for S2 has leaked so many times that S2 users have lost track of it. I feel these leaks are deliberate so as always to allow user to check for stability and bugs.

Top Bottom