Official Android discussion thread

rahul_c

Journeyman
^Ok, good to know. Any idea how much difference does it make in battery life? My phone already require charging daily, its LG Optimus Net.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Even I charge my Optimus One daily. But it survives at least 2 days if I don't use it much and also turn off the data.

Haven't cared to find out how much exact battery life suffers due to data. I think you can give us some benchmarks!! :D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
2-3 in Galaxy R with data turned off and 1 hour of WiFi usage. 1-1.5 days with data turned on. Guess its pretty standard.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Is there any better file manager app for android better than astro ?

Better than Astro?? Hmm. That's a tough one.
I don't think there exists such a thing!

But if you are looking for alternatives to Astro, there's File Manager and Root Browser, which is both for rooted and non-rooted device btw.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Yes its rooted, I found a batch function in titanium backup-clear cache it helped a lot now its 24/160. No annoying notifications, is your method safe? I already had near brick experience once, cannot risk it! :confused:
What's your device?
Sorry, saw your post later. :)
Do you have any custom kernels installed? App2SD is risky, but it may only cause data loss in some cases. No hard-brick issues. Although app2SD script may depend upon your device model. Check on xda-developers in your device's section for more information. :wink:

Edit: Just checked, on xda your device doesn't have a dedicated section, so any chances of finding a good guide/tutorials are slim. There is a beta CM7.2 port though, but I wouldn't recommend it. :|

Last edited:

rahul_c

Journeyman
^Its LG Optimus Net P690, I dont have anything custom installed. I am pretty satisfied with original LG ROM.

R2K

In the Zone
I'm looking for a twitter client for my android device. Which app do you guys think is best when it comes to twitter. BTW I'm looking for an app that doesn't show ad as a part of it

ajai5777

Youngling
Do we need anti virus in android phone?
I had avast mobile security and uninstalled just now.I needed more performance.

R2K

In the Zone
Are mobile security softwares for android of any use ?
My Sony ericcson Arc S came preinstalled with McAfee Mobile Security and I was thinking whether to keep it or not.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Are mobile security softwares for android of any use ?

yes. if you think you are getting more battery life, they can be put to good use ;)

else you can lock your mobile is stolen, etc in case of avast (same for McAfee too i guess)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So, Google is rolling out Google Play today, an upgrade to Android Market. The one's who are connected will automatically get the update.

At least I am liking the icon of google play better than that of the market! :)

Top Bottom