Official Android discussion thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^^..OK..so if you want to use the raw android rom,you have to get a nexus device.Is it so?

or try a custom rom. most of the time the added UI (touchwiz, sense) eats up ram and may cause some slowdown. and even with Nexus, there is always room for improvement which Google leaves so as not to cause instability at times. Just grab the device with best possible hardware + display and flash a custom rom. and thats why when buying a new mobile/tablet i always advice to check if the mobile got any custom rom.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Android 4.2 i nice. Loving it on my Galaxy Nexus. Font rendering has improved a LOT. However no one is talking about it. Neither is Google.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
lol. Anyways the performance although is very good but now I feel lag between pressing of lock button and actual locking of screen. Also I found no developer options in the settings menu lol
the camera app has got the biggest changes. Will post some pics here soon :)

Hrishi

WHat is the reason some manufacturers are not upgrading their fully capable android device to jellybean.
Take "Tegra 2 " for example. Isn't DualCore 1Ghz , 1GB ram and GeForce ULP capable of running JB ??
Infact they are not even releasing HWA drivers for the Graphic engine. :( , so the custom ROM developers can get a better stable release.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Can you guys suggest good essential apps for android ? I got LG 4x HD.

Can I upgrade to Jelly Bean ?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Damn.. No Android 4.2 update for Nexus S and Motorola Xoom - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

I think custom ROM are available.

or try a custom rom. most of the time the added UI (touchwiz, sense) eats up ram and may cause some slowdown. and even with Nexus, there is always room for improvement which Google leaves so as not to cause instability at times. Just grab the device with best possible hardware + display and flash a custom rom. and thats why when buying a new mobile/tablet i always advice to check if the mobile got any custom rom.

+1

Hi, I'm selling Motorola Droid 3 single sim. Brand new mint condition. Supported both CDMA and GSM sim cards. World Phone. Condition 10/10 plus free accessories. PM me if any Android core user want to buy.

amjath

Human Spambot

no official JB update yet and also CM10 is under progress
CyanogenMod developers slap Jelly Bean on an Optimus 4X HD, tease CM10 (video) -- Engadget

Essential apps:
QR droid
Flipboard
Camscanner
Goggles
Kies Air
photofunia
pocket
pulse
mx player
Wikiedia
Utorrent Remote
Zedge

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

The ultimate TDF app guide. This thread has pretty much everything one need. But a few must have apps are: 1TapCleaner, FastReboot, ESFile Explorer, ColorNote. And avoid task killers if LG bundled any such app with 4X HD. BTW congrats.

Officially, not yet. Unofficially, yes.

pratyush997

Inactive
Guyz, Wanted to share this.....
ICS(android-x86) is awesome(Tried 1st time ) Will be trolling on JB(AndroVM) by tomorrow!:D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353105135740.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353105135740.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353105157184.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353105157184.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Hi to all, guys, for days I have been searching for an offline wikipedia app which has update functionality. No matter how big is the dump size, 10 GB or 3 GB. Can you guys suggest me the best one as I will download the one which is best only, I have internet restrictions.

Hrishi

Hi to all, guys, for days I have been searching for an offline wikipedia app which has update functionality. No matter how big is the dump size, 10 GB or 3 GB. Can you guys suggest me the best one as I will download the one which is best only, I have internet restrictions.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.bitmagic.wiki.offline&hl=en

Check this. Around 3.6GB total.

Broken In
I am upgrading from Samsung Galaxy S3 to Galaxy Note II. I will get the Note II in a couple of days.

SGS3 is running on 4.1.1 and I think Note II also comes with 4.1.1.

I want to make exact copy of SGS3 to Note II with least efforts. Which is the best way to copy applications and settings. I am comfortable in copying contacts, SMSs and call logs.

None of the devices are rooted and I don't want to root them.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Guys a update to the play store has been released. Install via APK now
News source and download Link

The most apparent change is a different download screen.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.bitmagic.wiki.offline&hl=en

Check this. Around 3.6GB total.

THe only problem with this is that there is no update functionality. Any other which you might know and has update function?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
no official JB update yet and also CM10 is under progress
CyanogenMod developers slap Jelly Bean on an Optimus 4X HD, tease CM10 (video) -- Engadget

Essential apps:
QR droid
Flipboard
Camscanner
Goggles
Kies Air
photofunia
pocket
pulse
mx player
Wikiedia
Utorrent Remote
Zedge
Thanks dude.

The ultimate TDF app guide. This thread has pretty much everything one need. But a few must have apps are: 1TapCleaner, FastReboot, ESFile Explorer, ColorNote. And avoid task killers if LG bundled any such app with 4X HD. BTW congrats.
Accessin folders from PC using ESFile explorer and wireless connectivity. No need to transfer files.

Hrishi

I love the LCG Explore FileManager.It rocks.
Has lots of tools and options.
Connects to my Laptop and PC easily, via wi-fi and access files @60-70 Mbps.

Using is since the days of Symbian devices. The interface is also very very cool .

pratyush997

Inactive
Android JB is seriously Awesome..!!!
Check pics in Spoiler
*i.imgur.com/TSVqi.jpg
*i.imgur.com/c2pyw.jpg
*i.imgur.com/iPxGt.jpg

Top Bottom