Official Android discussion thread

rahul_c

Journeyman
I already did that using Titanium backup, then 30 MB was free. But now cache and data generated and is eating up 14 MB from the precious phone memory. I clear it up, its fine for few days but its back again. Cant I just move the cache location for apps to SD card?

R2K

In the Zone
I'm a noob when it comes to android and I'm planing to purchase a android based phone soon. Can somebody tell me if it is possible to install apps in the phone connecting it to PC with USB and thereby using internet available in the PC for downloading and installation. (I have no wifi here and 3G is freaking expensive

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes. There is an option in menu where you need to enable unknown sources. Check that. Just transfer apps to the SD card from phone and enjoy :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You won't be able to utilize broadband's internet to download apps on mobile if you want to use Market. Since Android doesn't provide that (yet). Zune does in WP7 btw.

But if you download .apk file (which is setup file for Android), then you can then transfer the .apk to phone and install.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
You won't be able to utilize broadband's internet to download apps on mobile if you want to use Market. Since Android doesn't provide that (yet). Zune does in WP7 btw.

But if you download .apk file (which is setup file for Android), then you can then transfer the .apk to phone and install.

Read somewhere that there is a extension for chrome PC to download the apk from market

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ yeah... it's would be really a good extension, if it existed! :(
Yups that's right. Turns out the author of the extension took it down, cause he believed this extension was causing piracy and stuff, which he didn't expected.

It's sad.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, I did googled, and came up with a page on XDA. Guess what? The page also links to the same page of the developer of the extension! :S

BUT.... here's the good part. The dev have stated that he will work on the version of the extension, which do not have the ability to download paid apps!! :D

Here's the quote,
Update 02/27: Ok, you won. I’m working on new version that disables ability to download paid apps ( not completely ). I know bad people will find another way to make it work again, but I don’t mind. It will be released in the next 1-2 days. Please be patient.

Remember, this is the offical APK Downloader page. Do not download it from other sites. I’m not guarantee that they’re safe to use.

You can contact me at: redphoenix89 [at] yahoo [ dot ] com

Have a nice day

HELL YEAH!! :bananana:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
BUT.... here's the good part. The dev have stated that he will work on the version of the extension, which do not have the ability to download paid apps!! :D

so previously it was possible to download paid apps? :shock: damn i missed a golden chance :p

Can you explain how

Google. there are many articles on this. In case you are too lazy to google also, have a look at this: Android Reverse Tethering & Perfect reverse tethering for lg optimus one on windows

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
First of all, I tried a lot of reverse tethering, but none of it worked. But there is a rumor that new sense has inbuilt reverse tethering feature, but I am not sure about it.

there are several sites including warez sites, where you can get cracked version of paid apps and also free apps apk file. but not from market, for authenticated download you need to have gprs/3g/wifi connection in your mobile.

There is one extension chrome to phone where you can share any link or notes from pc, but not files. btwn many apps works with internet, so for full use of android, you need to have internet connection in your mobile

Now about the cache, you cant transfer cache to sd card, cause that impractical, however you can install android assistant or similar app to make widget, to free your cache with one click

R2K

In the Zone
Finally Purchased a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S yesterday. I have to admit that things are way too different from my nokia 5800 Xm and nokia 5530 Xm. But I couldn't find any lag in the android phone as many here were complaining. Maybe its because I'm used to the awesome lag :D that came pre-bundled with my nokia phones. Or maybe its because of the 1.4 Ghz processor.
Only problems that I could find were
1.Although it is ridiculously slim the phone is pretty large due to its 4.2 inch screen. I couldn't find a pouch for it because of that. Also difficult to carry in the pocket
2.Wifi seems pretty weak. But I have not played with it much.
3.It managed to burn a considerably large hole in my pocket :D

BTW suggest some must have softwares for the phone. Also sites that provide info on the phone/android stuff will be great.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Congratulations R2K for the new phone!! :D :D

Check out this post for a list of must have apps:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/137998-must-have-favourite-android-apps-2.html#post1563659

Or head to my blog for the same entry with direct links to the market:
Thoughts of my Winding mind: The Must Have Android Apps

Enjoy!! :))

pinku1993

Lagger ~ ..
Finally Purchased a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S yesterday. I have to admit that things are way too different from my nokia 5800 Xm and nokia 5530 Xm. But I couldn't find any lag in the android phone as many here were complaining. Maybe its because I'm used to the awesome lag :D that came pre-bundled with my nokia phones. Or maybe its because of the 1.4 Ghz processor.
Only problems that I could find were
1.Although it is ridiculously slim the phone is pretty large due to its 4.2 inch screen. I couldn't find a pouch for it because of that. Also difficult to carry
2.Wifi seems pretty weak. But I have not played with it much.
3.It managed to burn a considerably large hole in my pocket :D

BTW suggest some must have softwares for the phone. Also sites that provide info on the phone/android stuff will be great.

Arc S doesn't have any problems on Wi-Fi .. test it once..
:D .. Yeah Nokia phones do come with loads of lag bundled.. :p ..

There were some other alternatives at your budget.. But I personally think that Arc S is the sexiest (in terms of looks) Droid available in the Indian market

There are loads of apps availabel in the Android Market.. Just stay for some time in the Android Market you will get huge bunch of app's.. Don miss the games .. esp.. Angry Birds .. a must for the Android's .. :p

You would like to visit on AndroidZoom and Androidapps.in ..

Last edited:
Top Bottom