Norton Antivirus 2008 LiveUpdate error

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmanya

Journeyman
Hey,
Recently my electricity flickered causing my computer to restart. The chkdsk utility of windows then proceeded to delete some live update files.. now everytime i try to update i get this message*img300.imageshack.us/img300/5969/29879760gp4.th.png
What should i do? clicking on the link displayed takes me to a blank page with "welcome to Norton support center" written on top.
i tried to go to the symantec website and downloading thier liveupdate tool, it didnt make any difference.
Any suggestions?

dreams

Gracias Senor
This error can be fixed by re-installing LiveUpdate or by re-installing whole Norton. Also this error may or may not get fixed. Foll the solutions,

Remove LiveUpdate.
Remove the LiveUpdate files from the Application Data/Common Files folders.

settings.LiveUpdate
another inventory file for LiveUpdate.

After deleting the above 2 files, download the older version of LiveUpdate. May be 3.2 if you could get it.

Install it and then run LiveUpdate.

Issues should be fixed.

^^
+1
The electricity surge must have messed up your Norton Files.
Try system restore too.
Otherwise reinstall.
PS: Why Norton of all the AVs? (Just curious :D)

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Yeah electricity Surge has messed up your Norton Files or you dont shutdown properly?
Btw May I Know Why have you chosen Norton?

OP
K

karmanya

Journeyman
I picked it cuz my dad chose to buy a 10 pc pac for his 8 pc office, hence my mum and i got it free :)

Trying the mentioned solution right now, lets see what happens

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor
Trying the system restore will make u to re-install Norton completely..beware. Is your issue resolved????

OP
K

karmanya

Journeyman
Thanks dreams, your method works perfectly, Before you told me too, i had tried removing live update but didnt bother deleting the app data files

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^ Wonderful. I was working with Symantec so only suggested the exact steps to be followed. Glad it worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom