Need to buy best android under 20K

Shah

Cyborg Agent
thanks friends. i just read the review by furious_gamer. i am clear with my doubts now and would purchase L9 tomorrow itself. thanks a ton for all your suggestions and support

Congrats! and Don't forget to write a review once you buy it.

OP
NexGen

NexGen

Broken In
Congrats! and Don't forget to write a review once you buy it.
Thanks bro. bought the LG L9 white colour just few minutes ago from a shop in Ahmedabad. checked all online sites since morning but L9 was available no-where besides infibeam(their customer care said to deliver it in 10 days) and ebay(hard to trust individual sellers in compare to FK,HS18 etc). Also i must have called more than 50 shops in ahmdabad including branded like mobile store, vijay sales, sales india, croma etc n it was not available anywhere. Atlast got from a wholesale dealer for 18500/- just now. This shows how popular the phone is, and in high demand too.

My first reaction after opening the box was "wowwwwwww" its so beautiful. slim n nice to hold in hand. i have seen htc desire x, desire sv, SG s2, SG advanced dummy pieces in last few days n i tell u this LG body is unmatchable. infact now those devices look crap in front of this L9. its of the same size as SGS3.

Box contains 2150 mah battery, black colour headsets and usb charger. just turned the screen onn n OMG, it gives a feeling of working on a small tablet instead of a phone. Total different experience from a 4 inch phone. UI is smooth n fast. apps are opening n getting down close much fast then my defy plus. just heard one song in speakers as well in headsets, and sound in both are pretty loud n clear. browsed net for a minute and on 2g airtel network site opened pretty fast on chrome browser. so i give full marks for music n browsing. right now im downloading few apps using same 2g network n speed is quite good. i used multi tasking like music, browsing and few others at once and no issues like hang/lag as of now initially. i am in the shop itself right now, so will share detailed review, screenshots and other details once i reach home in evening.

Thanks a lot to all of you for helping me buy this awesome piece of beauty.

Note: i am no expert in reviews so dont know what all aspects to include in my review. so request you all to either ask me what all you would like to know about this phone or let me know what all details i should include in review

tkin

Back to school!!
Thanks bro. bought the LG L9 white colour just few minutes ago from a shop in Ahmedabad. checked all online sites since morning but L9 was available no-where besides infibeam(their customer care said to deliver it in 10 days) and ebay(hard to trust individual sellers in compare to FK,HS18 etc). Also i must have called more than 50 shops in ahmdabad including branded like mobile store, vijay sales, sales india, croma etc n it was not available anywhere. Atlast got from a wholesale dealer for 18500/- just now. This shows how popular the phone is, and in high demand too.

My first reaction after opening the box was "wowwwwwww" its so beautiful. slim n nice to hold in hand. i have seen htc desire x, desire sv, SG s2, SG advanced dummy pieces in last few days n i tell u this LG body is unmatchable. infact now those devices look crap in front of this L9. its of the same size as SGS3.

Box contains 2150 mah battery, black colour headsets and usb charger. just turned the screen onn n OMG, it gives a feeling of working on a small tablet instead of a phone. Total different experience from a 4 inch phone. UI is smooth n fast. apps are opening n getting down close much fast then my defy plus. just heard one song in speakers as well in headsets, and sound in both are pretty loud n clear. browsed net for a minute and on 2g airtel network site opened pretty fast on chrome browser. so i give full marks for music n browsing. right now im downloading few apps using same 2g network n speed is quite good. i used multi tasking like music, browsing and few others at once and no issues like hang/lag as of now initially. i am in the shop itself right now, so will share detailed review, screenshots and other details once i reach home in evening.

Thanks a lot to all of you for helping me buy this awesome piece of beauty.

Note: i am no expert in reviews so dont know what all aspects to include in my review. so request you all to either ask me what all you would like to know about this phone or let me know what all details i should include in review
Well good, I am also thinking of buying a cell soon, so I need some inputs from you.

1. Show us a few shots taken by the camera, one in bright outdoors, and one in dark indoors with flash. Resize them(1280x1024) and upload to imgur, do not modify them.
2. How crisp is the screen? And how's the viewing angle?
3. How's the touch response? Ever experienced any false touches?(Like you tap one place, another placed gets tapped).
4. Also finally, how's the battery backup?

OP
NexGen

NexGen

Broken In
congrats. how is the image quality compared to Defy plus?

thanks buddy. the cam is better then defy plus, but not the best in 5 MP row. will surely post indoor n outdoor pics samples tonite alongwith vdo rec. sample

Well good, I am also thinking of buying a cell soon, so I need some inputs from you.

1. Show us a few shots taken by the camera, one in bright outdoors, and one in dark indoors with flash. Resize them(1280x1024) and upload to imgur, do not modify them.
3. How's the touch response? Ever experienced any false touches?(Like you tap one place, another placed gets tapped).

1)buddy would post pics tonite once i reach home.

2)viewing angles are pretty good, sharp n clear(dont compare it to super amoled devices, but its the best in non-amoled screens). screen is decently clear, sharp n crisp. photos n videos look pretty sharp n clear

3)touch is quick, no false touches as of now. one thing i noticed that i would like to share. sometimes few buttons only work from a particular hand. like i was holding phone in left hand and pressed a button with left hand(holding the phone in same hand),but it dint respond but when i pressed it with right hand(still holding the phone in left hand) it worked. this thing occured few times. dont know is it a mechanism of huge screen phones that u need to press button with particular angle or what but otherwise touch is quick and responsive.

4) the battery was 100% when i left the shop. browsing for last 2 hours continuously on 2g network alongwith music played for around one hour. still the battery is above 50%.

@ tkin buddy there's no option of 1280*1-24. the image sizes in cam are 2592*1944, 2048*1536, 2592*1458, 1280*960, 12808720. from which all sizes should i post samples?

tkin

Back to school!!
thanks buddy. the cam is better then defy plus, but not the best in 5 MP row. will surely post indoor n outdoor pics samples tonite alongwith vdo rec. sample

1)buddy would post pics tonite once i reach home.

2)viewing angles are pretty good, sharp n clear(dont compare it to super amoled devices, but its the best in non-amoled screens). screen is decently clear, sharp n crisp. photos n videos look pretty sharp n clear

3)touch is quick, no false touches as of now. one thing i noticed that i would like to share. sometimes few buttons only work from a particular hand. like i was holding phone in left hand and pressed a button with left hand(holding the phone in same hand),but it dint respond but when i pressed it with right hand(still holding the phone in left hand) it worked. this thing occured few times. dont know is it a mechanism of huge screen phones that u need to press button with particular angle or what but otherwise touch is quick and responsive.

4) the battery was 100% when i left the shop. browsing for last 2 hours continuously on 2g network alongwith music played for around one hour. still the battery is above 50%.

@ tkin buddy there's no option of 1280*1-24. the image sizes in cam are 2592*1944, 2048*1536, 2592*1458, 1280*960, 12808720. from which all sizes should i post samples?
Thanks for the quick response, I am seriously considering this phone now, well take photos in 2592x1944 but then resize them when you get home and upload at something around 1280x....
You can use this software to resize: Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing
Don't mod the photos, I want to see the original quality.

OP
NexGen

NexGen

Broken In
Samples of Pics clicked Indoor using flash

Below are the Pics clicked with 2592*1944 size in cam

CAM00075[1].jpgCAM00078[1].jpgCAM00077[1].jpg

CAM00081[1].jpgCAM00080[1].jpg

Below are the Pics Clicked with 1280*960 size in cam

CAM00084[1].jpgCAM00083[1].jpgCAM00082[1].jpg

will post outdoor pics soon (today itself)

Thanks for the quick response, I am seriously considering this phone now, well take photos in 2592x1944 but then resize them when you get home and upload at something around 1280x....
You can use this software to resize: Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing
Don't mod the photos, I want to see the original quality.

bro i have posted indoor pics in 2 sizes just now. will post outdoor a.s.a.p. please check them n do let me know if more indoor ones are required to be posted

tkin

Back to school!!
Samples of Pics clicked Indoor using flash

Below are the Pics clicked with 2592*1944 size in cam

View attachment 8598View attachment 8599View attachment 8600

View attachment 8601View attachment 8602

Below are the Pics Clicked with 1280*960 size in cam

View attachment 8603View attachment 8604View attachment 8605

will post outdoor pics soon (today itself)

bro i have posted indoor pics in 2 sizes just now. will post outdoor a.s.a.p. please check them n do let me know if more indoor ones are required to be posted
Thanks a lot dude, and no further indoor shots are needed, not bad, but still leaves a lot to be desired, anyway cam wasn't a strong point of this phone anyway, the hardware and screen alone makes up for it, now a few outdoor shots and I am all set.

OP
NexGen

NexGen

Broken In
Thanks a lot dude, and no further indoor shots are needed, not bad, but still leaves a lot to be desired, anyway cam wasn't a strong point of this phone anyway, the hardware and screen alone makes up for it, now a few outdoor shots and I am all set.
posting outdoor pics a.s.a.p. b4 that posting some screenshots within a minute. :)

Screenshots of L9 with adw launcher installed

Screenshot_2013-01-24-15-04-49[1].png , Screenshot_2013-01-24-15-18-56[1].jpg , Screenshot_2013-01-24-15-18-16[2].jpg , Screenshot_2013-01-24-15-04-24.png , Screenshot_2013-01-24-15-03-56.png , Screenshot_2013-01-24-15-02-59.jpg , Screenshot_2013-01-24-14-51-33.jpg , Screenshot_2013-01-24-14-50-43.png , Screenshot_2013-01-24-14-50-19.png , Screenshot_2013-01-24-14-49-54.png

Last edited:
OP
NexGen

NexGen

Broken In
Some more screenshots of LG L9

Screenshot_2013-01-24-15-50-45[1].png , Screenshot_2013-01-24-14-49-35[1].jpg , Screenshot_2013-01-24-14-49-48[2].png ,

Samples of Outdoor pics clicked using LG L9 (Pics were taking too long to upload using "insert image" option, so uploaded them on "postimage.org")

below pics are clicked with 1280*960 size on cam

1) *postimage.org/image/vq4c7d3yv/

2) *postimage.org/image/4wdfdd3kn/

3) *postimage.org/image/vzxgxtmkr/

4) *postimage.org/image/5d8yxpd8r/

Samples of Outdoor pics of LG L9 with 2592*1944 size in cam

1) *postimage.org/image/sicj4oxzx/

2) *postimage.org/image/6obg5dt93/

3) *postimage.org/image/k1dzkc68b/

4) *postimage.org/image/f6u317ejb/

5) *postimage.org/image/ix5xl3pr1/

Some more Samples of Outdoor pics of LG L9 with 2592*1944 size in cam

1)*postimage.org/image/wthfcfbm3/42274ca5/

2) *postimage.org/image/sg93kcxz5/889599e4/

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^^i don't know about photography but pics are very clear, then why did GSMARENA said pics of L9 are of poor quality?

tkin

Back to school!!
^^^^i don't know about photography but pics are very clear, then why did GSMARENA said pics of L9 are of poor quality?
No they are not, loss of detail, even in daylight, purple fringing galore, not good at all, but as I said you can't have everything under 20k, and I for one would chose L9 over its screen and processing power any day over a better cam.

aroraanant

Explorer
You have two options in this budget SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 7.0 8GB and SAMSUNG GALAXY S (I9000) both are good give you the best value of your money check them now here

People just want to post or can say want to give their suggestions without even reading all the posts in the thread, and this actually irritates a lot.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
@NextGen: Outdoor pics are good. If you can, post some indoor pics as well as some videos captured using your L9.

OP
NexGen

NexGen

Broken In
@NextGen: Outdoor pics are good. If you can, post some indoor pics as well as some videos captured using your L9.

Bro indoor pics are already posted. Check page1 of this thread, its their itself in one of the post. Will post video by tonite

mitraark

Decrepit
Another LG Optimus L9 user here, i too was going to suggest goig for the L9 , the phone is really good on all aspects, battery, speed, display, but yes the camera leaves much to be desired.

@NexGen I have found three variants of the LG L9
1. Lg Optimus L9 P760 (also P768)
2. Lg Optimus L9 P765
3. Lg Optimus L9 P769

Which of these you have? The P769 looks good with 4.5", 245 PPI and Corning Gorilla Glass!

And is it true that after android 4.0.4, you cannot use apps2sd?!

OP
NexGen

NexGen

Broken In
2. Lg Optimus L9 P765
3. Lg Optimus L9 P769

Which of these you have? The P769 looks good with 4.5", 245 PPI and Corning Gorilla Glass!

Bro I from India and the model available here that i bought is the LG L9 p765. Bro 4GB Internal memory was enough for me so was not using memory card as of now dont Know about app2sd transfer is Possible or not. allow me couple of hours time, ill use my fathers sd card n try to move apps in it n let U know

Another LG Optimus L9 user here, i too was going to suggest goig for the L9 , the phone is really good on all aspects, battery, speed, display, but yes the camera leaves much to be desired.

Hey congrats bro. I Am Sure u must b enjoying d new ossum l9 like me.

2. Lg Optimus L9 P765
3. Lg Optimus L9 P769

ive just downloaded the apps2sd app from play store. Tried to move apps using this app from internal memory to sd card but getting message as "the device doesnot have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated. Moving app to SD function may not be supported by this device" so buddy apps cant be moved to sd card unless you root the phone.

Top Bottom