Need suggestions For A Work/Play Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=29291]jackal_79[/MENTION] , Finally.... you bought, I thought you will not buy this year :D
though, Congratulations. Great choice. Have fun.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
[MENTION=29291]jackal_79[/MENTION] , Finally.... you bought, I thought you will not buy this year :D
though, Congratulations. Great choice. Have fun.
Thanks. I had doubt too. But honestly buying a laptop is really a hassle in India. Not too many good choices.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Minion

Conversation Architect
Finally I bought AU-116TX. I bought it for 55440 (1000 cashback from HP & 2500 Cashback from HDFC CC). Thanks for all your help.I have not fully started using the lap yet.But one thing i felt is that i need to add more RAM as it was feeling a bit slow. Could some one suggest a good 4 or 8 GB RAM?

Congrats! You need to install CPUZ check what kind of RAM it is having get a matching RAM.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Congrats! You need to install CPUZ check what kind of RAM it is having get a matching RAM.

Please find CPU Z output and suggest:

1.jpg2.jpg

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I found this one on amazon but its expensive its a 8GB variant
Amazon.in: Buy Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2133 MT s PC4-17000 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT8G4SFD8213 Online at Low Prices in India | Crucial Reviews & Rating
Thanks I will check it out. But could you confirm what is the current speed and make of my existing ram?. I am not able to make out.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
It seems like a standard DDR4 2400 ram.also disable/uninstall some of the Hp bloatware(especially mcafee,if present).
My lap came with a lot of preloaded s/w.Mainly HP s/w. How to find which are not required. I uninstalled some using should i remove it. But there are still a lot pending and my lap already a bit slow.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check on HP site for your model which software setups are available.If all of them are available on HP site then you can read in their description to see if they are useful or not.If you uninstall something & then feel the need to get it again then you can always reinstall from HP site.My first suggestion would be to uninstall macafee(if present) as many laptop makers give their trial version pre-installed.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Check on HP site for your model which software setups are available.If all of them are available on HP site then you can read in their description to see if they are useful or not.If you uninstall something & then feel the need to get it again then you can always reinstall from HP site.My first suggestion would be to uninstall macafee(if present) as many laptop makers give their trial version pre-installed.

I will check out the HP site. I do have Mcafee installed along with something called bytefence anti malware. Are these required? If i uninstall these i would still require some antivirus suite.Can you suggest some good suite? I heard kaspersky is really good.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Thing is other than the one already mentioned here earlier, I found one myself from Kingston. One is mentioned as having 260 pin and other 288. I don't know which would be correct for me.how to find the correct one?

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Online Mobile Recharge - Postpaid, DTH & Datacard Bill Payments at Paytm.co

Is this what you are looking for?
It's out of stock here I'll look around more?
Should it be 3200mhz or 2400?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Online Mobile Recharge - Postpaid, DTH & Datacard Bill Payments at Paytm.co

Is this what you are looking for?
It's out of stock here I'll look around more?
Should it be 3200mhz or 2400?
My lap already has 4 gb and will support a maximum of 16 gb only. Also this one is way expensive.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Install avira free,that is good enough & better than mcafee any day.

DDR4 SDRAM - Wikipedi
DDR4 memory is supplied in 288-pin dual in-line memory modules (DIMMs), similar in size to 240-pin DDR3 DIMMs....DDR4 SO-DIMMs have 260 pins instead of the 204 pins of DDR3 SO-DIMMs
SO-DIMM is smaller size ram that is used in laptops.So 288pin DDR4 ram is regular size one used in desktop & 260pin DDR4 ram is smaller size one used in laptops.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Install avira free,that is good enough & better than mcafee any day.

DDR4 SDRAM - Wikipedi

SO-DIMM is smaller size ram that is used in laptops.So 288pin DDR4 ram is regular size one used in desktop & 260pin DDR4 ram is smaller size one used in laptops.
Install only MS Essentials which is light on resources if you have Win7.

From Win8 onwards it comes default in the OS which is called as Defender.

All other AVs eat so much RAM or resource hoggers and some even does not let the user to uninstall it.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.