Need suggestions For A Work/Play Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Why compromise for such low fps and 768p resolution when you can get 1080p resolution laptop and better gpu for some more money.

We dont change the laptops frequently right.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
As previously mentioned, the main objective here is to do a lot of browsing, watch movies in hd, using documents and rare gaming. There will be a lot of traveling involved. Hence require a decent battery and should be a little rough. Gaming will be last priority.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
As previously mentioned, the main objective here is to do a lot of browsing, watch movies in hd, using documents and rare gaming. There will be a lot of traveling involved. Hence require a decent battery and should be a little rough. Gaming will be last priority.

Even though gaming is the last resort, when you can get decent laptop that is latest 6th gen without the need to upgrade must be kept in mind.

If you want to add more RAM then you can add the latest DDR4 ram.

Also the suggested laptop is available at decent budget right.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Even though gaming is the last resort, when you can get decent laptop that is latest 6th gen without the need to upgrade must be kept in mind.

If you want to add more RAM then you can add the latest DDR4 ram.

Also the suggested laptop is available at decent budget right.

If you're referring to au084tx, I can get au116tx at almost same price. Some how I think it's going to be either au116tx or the dell model.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Today i went to dell store and was told that they have not started selling i5 7th generation offline. Expected only by jan '17. Now it is only available online.Any one know if this is the situation everywhere or just in TN?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Well, 5567 is not available on dell store also.Would be really helpful if someone could help me find a honest full review of both 5567 and au-116tx models. Searching in google is only resulting in online store comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

yasho2249

Broken In
Buy Asus R510jx from paytm.... There is a 10k cashback....soo will cost you around 56k.....you can add that to your account from paytm wallet

Sent from my D5322 using Tapatalk

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Buy Asus R510jx from paytm.... There is a 10k cashback....soo will cost you around 56k.....you can add that to your account from paytm wallet

Sent from my D5322 using Tapatalk
It's overpriced and I don't trust buying from paytm. I am still unable to find any reviews for hp and dell models which is really frustrating.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Can anyone suggest any lenovo models?

Lenovo has only overpriced laptops not worth the price.Look if want a light sleek laptop then forget about gaming no laptop in india will do that.

For your requirement this Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3″ Silver | xiaomi-mi.co would have been perfect but sadly they are not selling it india.

So you have to decide either you go with 13.3" sleek laptop or a 15" mainstream laptop.Decide which one you need then we can help.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Lenovo has only overpriced laptops not worth the price.Look if want a light sleek laptop then forget about gaming no laptop in india will do that.

For your requirement this Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3″ Silver | xiaomi-mi.co would have been perfect but sadly they are not selling it india.

So you have to decide either you go with 13.3" sleek laptop or a 15" mainstream laptop.Decide which one you need then we can help.

I started my search with my priorities as below:

Full HD With back-lit keypad

15.6 inch display with minimum 4 GB RAM (expandable if possible)

Will use it for occasional gaming (skyrim medium settings)

My budget was around 50 to 55.

Laptops i had shortlisted:
================
Compare HP Pavilion 15-AU116TX (Y4F79PA) Laptop (Core i5 7th Gen/4 GB/1 TB/Windows 10/4 GB) and Lenovo Ideapad 500 (80NT00L5IN) Laptop (Core i5 6th Gen/4 GB/1 TB/Windows 10/2 GB) and Asus R558UR-DM069T Laptop (Core i5 6th Gen/4 GB/1 TB/Windows 10/2 GB) and Dell Inspiron 15 5567 (Z563504SIN9B) Laptop (Core i5 7th Gen/4 GB/1 TB/Windows 10/2 GB) | 91mobiles.co

Problems I am facing:
==================
HP Pavilion 15-AU116TX ( Overpriced.Keyboard felt bad)

Dell Inspiron 15 5567 ( Not available currently)

Lenovo Ideapad 500 ( Getting offline very difficult and configuration is low compared to above two)

Asus R558UR-DM069T ( I would have bought this except for no back lit keypad and not available offline)

Other than mentioned above, i am not able to find an unbiased review for any of these models other than in online stores which are not reliable.
So i am not sure which to buy. If there any good and proved laptops missed out in 15 or lower size with FHD and good keyboard, config i am ready to compromise on my initial requirement.I have even thought of going for Mac book.But i have no experience on apple OS i am not sure on that either.Any help in solving this dilemma would be helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump!

Minion

Conversation Architect
I started my search with my priorities as below:

Full HD With back-lit keypad

15.6 inch display with minimum 4 GB RAM (expandable if possible)

Will use it for occasional gaming (skyrim medium settings)

My budget was around 50 to 55.

Laptops i had shortlisted:
================
Compare HP Pavilion 15-AU116TX (Y4F79PA) Laptop (Core i5 7th Gen/4 GB/1 TB/Windows 10/4 GB) and Lenovo Ideapad 500 (80NT00L5IN) Laptop (Core i5 6th Gen/4 GB/1 TB/Windows 10/2 GB) and Asus R558UR-DM069T Laptop (Core i5 6th Gen/4 GB/1 TB/Windows 10/2 GB) and Dell Inspiron 15 5567 (Z563504SIN9B) Laptop (Core i5 7th Gen/4 GB/1 TB/Windows 10/2 GB) | 91mobiles.co

Problems I am facing:
==================
HP Pavilion 15-AU116TX ( Overpriced.Keyboard felt bad)

Dell Inspiron 15 5567 ( Not available currently)

Lenovo Ideapad 500 ( Getting offline very difficult and configuration is low compared to above two)

Asus R558UR-DM069T ( I would have bought this except for no back lit keypad and not available offline)

Other than mentioned above, i am not able to find an unbiased review for any of these models other than in online stores which are not reliable.
So i am not sure which to buy. If there any good and proved laptops missed out in 15 or lower size with FHD and good keyboard, config i am ready to compromise on my initial requirement.I have even thought of going for Mac book.But i have no experience on apple OS i am not sure on that either.Any help in solving this dilemma would be helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump!

Get this Hp 15au084tx it comes with intel 6xxx series processor I think this will suit your requirement.I am sorry but i can check pricing for this model as i am on slow internet.

As per MAC i don't know how game support are in these.but how much you are willing to spend?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Get this Hp 15au084tx it comes with intel 6xxx series processor I think this will suit your requirement.I am sorry but i can check pricing for this model as i am on slow internet.

As per MAC i don't know how game support are in these.but how much you are willing to spend?

I have already of this one as a viable option.Except for having a 6th gen processor, 15au084tx has the exact same configuration as au116tx. Problem is like i said i am not able to get a review of these models.I don't want to buy a laptop which won't last atleast for 3 years.I need something which is already proven in the market.If you know anything of such please share.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are expecting too much for the price.What exactly do you mean by lasting at least 3 years?A 2 lakh rupees laptop can be broken within days if physically mishandled.Furthermore as you are planning on gaming it would be a good idea to it in an AC room as far as possible.Excluding LUCK factor i think any laptop can last 3 years as long as these other precautions are followed & if there is any manufacturing defect it should come to light within the warranty year itself.In fact it is better to go for an extended warranty with ADP(accidental damage protection) by paying a bit extra especially when buying laptop.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
You are expecting too much for the price.What exactly do you mean by lasting at least 3 years?A 2 lakh rupees laptop can be broken within days if physically mishandled.Furthermore as you are planning on gaming it would be a good idea to it in an AC room as far as possible.Excluding LUCK factor i think any laptop can last 3 years as long as these other precautions are followed & if there is any manufacturing defect it should come to light within the warranty year itself.In fact it is better to go for an extended warranty with ADP(accidental damage protection) by paying a bit extra especially when buying laptop.

I excluded physical damage / damage due to any natural factors. I wanted it to be a little future proof in terms of RAM & CPU. As for gaming, i am not considering it a priority anymore.What will you suggest?

Minion

Conversation Architect
I have already of this one as a viable option.Except for having a 6th gen processor, 15au084tx has the exact same configuration as au116tx. Problem is like i said i am not able to get a review of these models.I don't want to buy a laptop which won't last atleast for 3 years.I need something which is already proven in the market.If you know anything of such please share.

Problem with buying laptops in India is there are no reviews of any laptops and you can only find laptops with average build quality,average display and average speakers.

As per your 2nd query yeah It will last 3 years but you need to use your device carefully.

- - - Updated - - -

I excluded physical damage / damage due to any natural factors. I wanted it to be a little future proof in terms of RAM & CPU. As for gaming, i am not considering it a priority anymore.What will you suggest?

RAM can be easily replaced and i have not seen CPU getting faulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep they almost have same configuration except processor but 15au084tx cheaper.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Problem with buying laptops in India is there are no reviews of any laptops and you can only find laptops with average build quality,average display and average speakers.

As per your 2nd query yeah It will last 3 years but you need to use your device carefully.

- - - Updated - - -

RAM can be easily replaced and i have not seen CPU getting faulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep they almost have same configuration except processor but 15au084tx cheaper.

thanks for your help. 15au084tx seems to be difficult to get offline. Need to check local HP stores.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I found certain laptop models supporting only a maximum resolution of 1366 * 768 referred to as having full hd. Can someone clarify how this is possible?.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I found certain laptop models supporting only a maximum resolution of 1366 * 768 referred to as having full hd. Can someone clarify how this is possible?.

Bad information that's all. Full hd is 1920*1080 and no other resolution.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Finally I bought AU-116TX. I bought it for 55440 (1000 cashback from HP & 2500 Cashback from HDFC CC). Thanks for all your help.I have not fully started using the lap yet.But one thing i felt is that i need to add more RAM as it was feeling a bit slow. Could some one suggest a good 4 or 8 GB RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom