need new 1 TB External Hard disk Suggestion ?

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys

for a very long time i am planning to buy a new 1 TB external hard drive.

I am looking to buy WD my passport Ultra. Amazon.in is selling the HDD at 3800/- and other site is selling same HDD at 4500/-

has anyone bought this hdd from amazon, what about warranty on hdd bought from amazon.in

please help.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
i've bought a seagate expansion desktop 2 TB from them. Go for the WD one. their delivery speed is among the best (amazon fulfilled orders).

Warranty is on the serial no (i don't think they even ask for bill)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hi guys

for a very long time i am planning to buy a new 1 TB external hard drive.

I am looking to buy WD my passport Ultra. Amazon.in is selling the HDD at 3800/- and other site is selling same HDD at 4500/-

has anyone bought this hdd from amazon, what about warranty on hdd bought from amazon.in

please help.

i have three wd ultra 1tbs
one from flipkart and two from amazon.in
no issues with either one
only thing is amazon.in gave a free pouch with it

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
thank a lot for help, what about WD elements.

Does it require external power source ??

WD elements sell for 300 cheper than Passport ultra.

Which one is good from both ?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
thank a lot for help, what about WD elements.

Does it require external power source ??

WD elements sell for 300 cheper than Passport ultra.

Which one is good from both ?

i have an elements 2tb its not worth it
get the ultra its faster and more compact etc
elements is old and slow in comparison and is a usb 2.0 drive

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
thanks, i will go with WD Passport Ultra now, dont know if Amazon will give free pouch or not

karthikn_jay

Broken In
I already own an Seagate 1TB Backup Plus and wanted to buy another 1TB external hdd. So, this time I opted for WD My Passport Ultra Titanium from Amazon. When I bought it, the price was around Rs.4000/-, now it is showing Rs.3800/-, seems like the price is changing every day and now.

I was worried about packaging after reading some negative reviews from other buyers but the packaging was in good condition and I think it may have been shipped from Bangalore (I opted for 1-day delivery). For warranty, you have to register the serial number and purchase date on WD website as soon as you open the box.

You've to buy pouch separately though. And lastly, WD ultra looks smaller and stylish than Seagate BUP and is also actually faster, getting around 90-120 MB/s write speed.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I already own an Seagate 1TB Backup Plus and wanted to buy another 1TB external hdd. So, this time I opted for WD My Passport Ultra Titanium from Amazon. When I bought it, the price was around Rs.4000/-, now it is showing Rs.3800/-, seems like the price is changing every day and now.

I was worried about packaging after reading some negative reviews from other buyers but the packaging was in good condition and I think it may have been shipped from Bangalore (I opted for 1-day delivery). For warranty, you have to register the serial number and purchase date on WD website as soon as you open the box.

You've to buy pouch separately though. And lastly, WD ultra looks smaller and stylish than Seagate BUP and is also actually faster, getting around 90-120 MB/s write speed.

true, the price fluctuates a lot. right now its 4499 the least and 4548 least from another (amazon fulfilled seller)

insaneYLN

In the zone
How is the ADATA HV620 1TB USB3.0 portable hard disk drive, HV620 External Hard Drive__External Storage_Products_ADATA Technology? I am contemplating on getting this, as a gift for one of my cousins.
:chinscratch:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
How is the ADATA HV620 1TB USB3.0 portable hard disk drive, HV620 External Hard Drive__External Storage_Products_ADATA Technology? I am contemplating on getting this, as a gift for one of my cousins.
:chinscratch:

No.
WD My Passport Ultra.

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
i want to buy a 1tb wd hdd and i am getting 1000 rs off at paytm website is it reliable to buy from them or i should consider going to nehru place and buy from any seller there.

please provide suggestions regarding sellers in nehru place or i should buy online.??

karthikn_jay

Broken In
i want to buy a 1tb wd hdd and i am getting 1000 rs off at paytm website is it reliable to buy from them or i should consider going to nehru place and buy from any seller there.

please provide suggestions regarding sellers in nehru place or i should buy online.??
Either buy from online sites or from showrooms like croma as they will have the right price and warranty claims and after sales service will also be easy. Local sellers aren't mostly trustable (I had a bad experience:) ).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

buy from amazon/flipkart/snapdeal.
local sellers here charge 800-1000 more for the same HDD. :mad:

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
anyone has snapdeal, amazon or flipkart discount coupon so i can buy WD 1 TB and get some discount also, or any offer going on like 10 % cashback or something

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
FK price is above 5k, and even after 10% cashbak it will be 4500, however all other site giving 1 TB WD for 4000 without any offer, FK people are gone mad, evey day they keep increains price slowly

- - - Updated - - -

i would like if any one have any snapdeal coupon extra

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok guys how is this ADATA 2 TB for 6200 with 3 year warranty

Adata HV620 2TB Hard Disk - Buy @ Rs.6184/- Online | Snapdeal.com

how good is the company with ASS, performance, I was thinking for WD 1 TB which is around 4200, but if i put 2 k more i get 1 TB more

so suggest friends what is good option here

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
ok guys how is this ADATA 2 TB for 6200 with 3 year warranty

Adata HV620 2TB Hard Disk - Buy @ Rs.6184/- Online | Snapdeal.com

how good is the company with ASS, performance, I was thinking for WD 1 TB which is around 4200, but if i put 2 k more i get 1 TB more

so suggest friends what is good option here

not worth it
WD or worst case-seagate is recommended
WD is the best ,totally worth the extra buck
none of the others really last(except Seagate but its after sales is bad so risky)

gameranand

Living to Play
not worth it
WD or worst case-seagate is recommended
WD is the best ,totally worth the extra buck
none of the others really last(except Seagate but its after sales is bad so risky)

I am using that HDD and not facing any problems at all. Speeds are quite good as compared to others. Although I muist say that I got that Driver for 4800INR.

Top Bottom