need new 1 TB External Hard disk Suggestion ?

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
I am using that HDD and not facing any problems at all. Speeds are quite good as compared to others. Although I muist say that I got that Driver for 4800INR.

Which one you got WD or ADATA, how much capacity, from where you bought it ?

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
i have seen many people complaing about WD external drives PCB problem, can we use the hdd from External hdd as internal hdd of laptop ?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i have seen many people complaing about WD external drives PCB problem, can we use the hdd from External hdd as internal hdd of laptop ?

nope
atleast not in WD Ultra drives
even opening them up can ruin the pcb from what ive heard
perhaps [MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION] can elaborate

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think so. 2-3 of my friends also using ADATA for years without any problems.

ohh then ill take your word for it
though for after sales only WD has good after sales in India from what ive seen

DK_WD

WD Official

Hi [MENTION=72751]Skyh3ck[/MENTION],

I agree with [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION], it’s not a good idea to open up the HDD unless you have the special tools.

You can refer the link below for getting the more information regarding the opening up a drive

*www.digit.in/forum/service-rma-watch/189290-wd-my-passport-has-stopped-detecting.html#post2192502

Hope this information helps.

$hadow

Geek in making
Hi [MENTION=72751]Skyh3ck[/MENTION],

I agree with [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION], it’s not a good idea to open up the HDD unless you have the special tools.

You can refer the link below for getting the more information regarding the opening up a drive

*www.digit.in/forum/service-rma-watch/189290-wd-my-passport-has-stopped-detecting.html#post2192502

Hope this information helps.

Hey, I place RMA for my passport ultra nad I was told to sent back a VAT form. What's that? I was never asked to fill it earlier.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hey, I place RMA for my passport ultra nad I was told to sent back a VAT form. What's that? I was never asked to fill it earlier.

Hi [MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION],

In order for me to assist you further I would need to get some additional information from your end that requires secure information. So I need to move this conversation to a private conversation.

Please check your inbox :)

A

amit.tiger12

try looking in amazon, sale is going on, 1 tb external is for 4K approx... if you get for 2k then go for it

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
today the price of 1TB WD was 3799 withouth any cashback, if i can manage a sbi card from somewhere i can get it with 15% cashback on mobile app, anyway, how good it is for 3799 for 1 TB

ashs1

Padawan
today the price of 1TB WD was 3799 withouth any cashback, if i can manage a sbi card from somewhere i can get it with 15% cashback on mobile app, anyway, how good it is for 3799 for 1 TB
A very decent deal considering wd passport ultra's is always hovering around 4.5 k
Btw.. The 15%cashback offer applies only on transactions that are above ₹5000...so I think the wd passport alone would be not enough for cash back

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Guys can someone please post the link for the External 1 TB HDD deal on Amazon .

Toshiba Canvio Basics HDTB310AK3AA USB 3.0+USB2.0 1TB External Hard Disk

Link:Toshiba Canvio Basics HDTB310AK3AA USB 3.0+USB2.0 1TB External Hard Disk - Buy Toshiba Canvio Basics HDTB310AK3AA USB 3.0+USB2.0 1TB External Hard Disk Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

$hadow

Geek in making
^^ it is a risky buy. If it runs it will run properly and if you run into some issues be ready for a crapy ASS. But what can I say even WD is pissing me off.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok so waiting for my WD 1 TB my passport ultra drive, i also bought a Maharaja Dry Iron for 249, normally a iron costa more than 500 so i think i got two good deal for 1TB hdd for 3799 and Iron for 249, waiting for it to arrive

ajayritik

Technomancer
ok so waiting for my WD 1 TB my passport ultra drive, i also bought a Maharaja Dry Iron for 249, normally a iron costa more than 500 so i think i got two good deal for 1TB hdd for 3799 and Iron for 249, waiting for it to arrive

Would have helped if you could have posted the link for the WD 1 TB HDD.
I guess the deal is no longer valid. Is it?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
dont get Toshiba,I bought one a while ago
ran into issues,ASS is very poor even worse than Seagate

Top Bottom