Need help buyin a new phone aorund 12 k

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
This might sound an anti-climax after all this ;), but if you can strech your budget, then go for HTC's Android phones. Reason, better support from both company and custom ROM's,MODS from communities.

But HTC Legend starts with 23K :O Near double :evil:
But build quality is great...

I dont think we have any other option... :(

ankushkool

Youngling
Heard HTC Wildfire is gonna be released... any chance it will be around 15k :p
*www1.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3337&idPhone2=3141

hope de 240 x 320 pixels screen is good enough!

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

HTC hero is available in sub 20K price now, some shops are selling it at 18-19K.

is hero getting the android 2.1 upgrade?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
don't go for wildfire. the lower resolution screen may not be worthy. and yes, HTC hero already has 2.1 upgrade in some parts of USA and custom ROMs are already available. among Spica and hero, I would definitely choose Hero. and if u take the budget to 25k, legend and milestone are terrific options. if support is not a problem look for HTC desire or nexus one.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
also heard that x10 mini will be available for 13k approx. wait for it. price looks tempting.(as per update from dreamcatcher)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I highly doubt the pricing of X10 mini, its available in US for $410 that is around 18.5K
Even in case of X10, an unlocked one from US costs around $700 roughly 32k, similar to the pricing here. So how's 13.5K possible ??

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I told you what i gathered. it can be a bit high in places like bangalore and likewise.. given I get my prices directly from the distributor and buy it from them.Wholesale prices are a lil low. Wont be more than 14.5k in any case. And the Indian pricing does not reflect the US pricing.. it generally reflects the trend in sweden where it is selling for 260 euros.

vulpine

Broken In
Hi,

No i7500 doesnt have 2.1 update!!

I personally used Both i5700 and i7500...

i5700 vs i7500
TFT - OLED
Capacitive Touch - Resistive Touch

Go for Spica... I like the Display of I7500 and its 8GB Memory. But its slow.. :(
Touch sensitivity is Very Good in Spica.

Dude, Both have capacitive touch screens.
------------
I would not recommend X10mini(it looks a dwarf) or wildfire becas of their screen resolutions.
I checked tattoo(it too has 320x240) long back and android was not as beautiful as it is on other phones. It looks pixellated and doesn't support many apps out there.
More over it was resistive touch so that put me off completely. I think a minimum resolution of 320x480 is good for android os.

If there is any phone that i wud trade my spica for its gonna be N1. Main reason is extensive 3rd party ROM availability and direct google updates.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
^^^^

Oh... i7500 tooo Capacitive touch Screen'a... :O

Ooops Sorry... for wrong info.. :(

But I felt difference in it sensitivity... Spica was better.. Anybody else compared?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
background apps might have slowed down the response and may be you might have compared 1.5 Galaxy with 2.1 Spica :)
Both have similar response when I tried.

ankushkool

Youngling
:O check this out :*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1242819#post1242819*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1242819&postcount=1

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I had a clear look at Xperia X10 Mini's specs and isn't the screen too small for a smarphone? and also the rated talktime is at 4hrs (GSM 2G). The biggest problem with be tasks like web browsing and gaming. The 240x320 resolution 2.55" display can be Achilles heel to this phone. While it's main competitors will have a higher resolution and 3.2" display, this one will look really mini :) On the bright side, from online previews, this looks to be one hell of a phone on performance.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
What I think on X10mini is that it will be a great 2nd phone...I mean its really small for web browsing and gaming..... but its very cute and light:mrgreen: and packs a descent punch

Top Bottom