Need help buyin a new phone aorund 12 k

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
These are the only reasons..I keep choosing Nokia..different views as always :-D

Seriously speaking, you do need to try other platforms or least wait for Nokia n8. Unless you try other OS, you will not understand how stale symbian s60 has become.

I am waiting for Nokia N8 ..but seriously speaking, who told you I have not tried other OS's..I wrote that Nokia and symbian are the only reasons..I keep choosing, I tried wm, andriod developer edition, motorola linux etc..but I never trusted the quality of samsung and I will never buy samsung,lg products..they are cheap made in korea and these phones doesn't have any standards (in my opinion).

red dragon

Master troll
I am waiting for Nokia N8 ..but seriously speaking, who told you I have not tried other OS's..I wrote that Nokia and symbian are the only reasons..I keep choosing, I tried wm, andriod developer edition, motorola linux etc..but I never trusted the quality of samsung and I will never buy samsung,lg products..they are cheap made in korea and these phones doesn't have any standards (in my opinion).
Strange,you are quality conscious but you still prefer nokia!Wake up!!Those Korean companies have improved a lot over the last couple of years,and your favourite Finnish giants are going backwards.What has nokia given us in last one year?Some overpriced N series phones(except N86),their so called hi-end phone N97 was a joke,5800 was good only because it was cheap and now that geometry box they called N900.I am no fan of Samsung or LG,but atleast they are trying to improve,I have used a samsung omnia hd,it has the same crappy symbian o.s as in nokia N97 but somehow it is a far superior than N97.
It hardly matters wheather they are made in Korea or Finland.BTW iphone is designed in California but assembled in China :mrgreen:. Oh,forgot to ask one thing ,what motorola linux are you talking about?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Then how come Nokia uses components made by those cheap made in Korea companies. Most of the display screens used by Nokia are either made by Samsung or LG. Not just nokia, most of the other manufacturers use displays. processors, ROM's, Flash memory made by Samsung/LG. Even Dell, HP, Compaq use samsung/LG/Viewsonic panels in their Laptops.

Wake up *www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/products/Products.html

These are just some of the OEM suppliers for Nokia viz, AU Optronics, Chungwa Picture Tubes, Hitachi Displays, LG Display, Philips Electronics, Samsung SDI, Seiko Epson, Sharp, Tatung and Toshiba.

I'm no fan of either samsung or Lg, but think before you speak instead of bashing blindly.

How come samsung semiconductors is top OEM supplier if they didn't have any standards???

Nokia used to have some innovative models in past , not now. It's Time to move on.

@Red Dragon
Monta vista Linux may be, the one used in Moto Rokr E6.

red dragon

Master troll
^^
Oh,I forgot about e6,I had one and I used to love it.Bought it when I was doing MD,oh man!those were the days.

Then how come Nokia uses components made by those cheap made in Korea companies. Most of the display screens used by Nokia are either made by Samsung or LG. Not just nokia, most of the other manufacturers use displays. processors, ROM's, Flash memory made by Samsung/LG. Even Dell, HP, Compaq use samsung/LG/Viewsonic panels in their Laptops.

Wake up *www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/products/Products.html

These are just some of the OEM suppliers for Nokia viz, AU Optronics, Chungwa Picture Tubes, Hitachi Displays, LG Display, Philips Electronics, Samsung SDI, Seiko Epson, Sharp, Tatung and Toshiba.

I'm no fan of either samsung or Lg, but think before you speak instead of bashing blindly.

How come samsung semiconductors is top OEM supplier if they didn't have any standards???

Nokia used to have some innovative models in past , not now. It's Time to move on.

@Red Dragon
Monta vista Linux may be, the one used in Moto Rokr E6.

Strange,you are quality conscious but you still prefer nokia!Wake up!!Those Korean companies have improved a lot over the last couple of years,and your favourite Finnish giants are going backwards.What has nokia given us in last one year?Some overpriced N series phones(except N86),their so called hi-end phone N97 was a joke,5800 was good only because it was cheap and now that geometry box they called N900.I am no fan of Samsung or LG,but atleast they are trying to improve,I have used a samsung omnia hd,it has the same crappy symbian o.s as in nokia N97 but somehow it is a far superior than N97.
It hardly matters wheather they are made in Korea or Finland.BTW iphone is designed in California but assembled in China :mrgreen:. Oh,forgot to ask one thing ,what motorola linux are you talking about?

Chill guys..I am not here to prove which one is best and other is inferior..I hate samsung products.. its my own experience and I'm not at all interested in OEM of semiconductors..lol

What my point was..someone compared Samsung vs Nokia..and as per the quality Nokia wins in every range..Go for samsung cheap handsets of rs1500 and compare it with Nokia 2 year back model...Nokia still rules.

How cool is the touch screen of samsung ?? One model of corby and they launched 12-14 models of same products...What about the quality of customer care samsung has ??

Ps : Check out the real data which products gets sold in the market..samsung or nokia ?? lol There are less samung fans..If samsung products are good enough -why less ??

I read somewhere above about omnia HD standard comparision with nokia models ??..Have you checked the real data than blaming the "n" series and higher price.

"Nokia N8 Benchmark: 244% faster than N97, 90% faster than i8910:shock::shock:. N8 pushes more triangles than iPhone 3GS:shock:, Android :shock:and Nexus One:shock:.:

'

Check out the benchmarks source:::shock::shock:
Code:
*alturl.com/qone

PS : Nothin to prove and its just my OPINION..I'm still true fan and lover of Nokia products :mrgreen::mrgreen:

red dragon

Master troll
Yes buddy,chill!But do you REALLY think nokia can really pull off something which is at par with N1 or 3GS Let alone better?
P.S.Most of us were nokia fans a couple of years ago.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
How cool is the touch screen of samsung ?? One model of corby and they launched 12-14 models of same products...What about the quality of customer care samsung has ??
Have you tried the galaxy series?? Then we'll talk about touch response. I don't understand you are comparing Nokia's resistive touch screens with Samsung's Capacitive models. For your info even the cheapest corby has better response than 5800, you can try it yourself :)

I for one, have both 5800 and Spica, infact being a blind nokia fan that I was back then (1100>6600>N70>N73>5800) , bought 5800 on the very first day, had some initial firmware niggles, then comes the ridiculous price cut, and when we all signed petitions for kinetic scrolling, it was released long after I lost interest in 5800.That being a carl ziess 3.2MP lens shoots worse pictures than my 6600.The only highlight of this phone is the fantastic speakers.Nothing comes close to this in terms of music quality and virtual surround. Though I still have it with v50 update, I seldom use it.

Now coming to the sales figure, how many 5230's and 5233's are being sold when compared to corby and star series?? I think the sales equation are slowly turning against Nokia, though it is still market leader now, other manufactures are catching up. It's time we look at "other good products" other than Nokia.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

wait for Nokia C series which come out next month...
WHEN?? when half of the market is running after corby pro and stuff, when would they release??
When you have a demand for a product you should en-cash it. If nokia would have launched N900 when it had a huge following, many would have bought it. So is the case with X6 and now the 'C' series??

napster007

Padawan

WHEN?? when half of the market is running after corby pro and stuff, when would they release??
When you have a demand for a product you should en-cash it. If nokia would have launched N900 when it had a huge following, many would have bought it. So is the case with X6 and now the 'C' series??

Sir, b4 u read further on u must know that i write this with no personal grudge, how can i when i don't even knw u.

anyway's commin to the point, please try to understand that a lot of people, more or less like myself visit this forum looking for valuable suggestions and considering, we buy our cell phones and other electronics. Maybe u are a hotshot but ppl like us don't have the luxury of buying a cell phone every month!

Yes the latest platform is the android and its fast and blah blah blah, and if i had the cash and all, "we" don need ppl like u to tell me to get the android platform, even the uneducated shpkeeper knows that and he can well guide us through!

Please read the topic of the forum! He needs a phone in 12k, android phones just only start begening form that range or if i am not wrong a bit higher. Maybe a few do come, but they are all entry level, correct me if i am wrong.

And as far as ur assumption of the C series goes, its releasing on 15th July, and i have personally seen a C6 and i can vouch for its querty and software, yes agreed its nothing like the so called "android" but sir its an excellent buy for 12.5-13k. I'm no ambassador of NOKIA as i bought my bro a samsung monte with capacitive touch day b4, but i am smart enough to realize that at 12-13k even without a capacitive touch, it beats all models of samsung in the same range hands down.

If u have used the C6 and then ur saying this statement then ur a hypocrite, else a fool.

so please b4 attcking someones thread next time, consider that fact that ppl over come here to actually ask for favors in helping them buy a gadget and not for a show of ur personal EGO and hatred against NOKIA. Yes the symbain is gettin slowly phased out, but it KICKED ass, and as far as i'm concerned it still has some juice left in it.

Ur post show u have a lot of knowledge in this field most probably more than me, so stop being a je&k and help us genuinely instead of blabbering on to ppl and suggesting them to stay away from Symbian.

TO THE THREAD STARTER : my suggestion is u wait just for about 15 days or so till the C series comes out, if it is a flop, well this guy is always there for other suggestions i guess

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

please visit this and decide for your self: *www.91mobiles.com/compare/Samsung/I5700+Galaxy+Spica/vs/Nokia/C6/vs/LG/KP550+Rip+Curl.html

satyamy

Alive Again...
i always trust NOKIA

go for either Nokia N79 or if u can increase ur budget by 1K than go for Nokia C6 (@13K)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Please read the topic of the forum! He needs a phone in 12k, android phones just only start begening form that range or if i am not wrong a bit higher. Maybe a few do come, but they are all entry level, correct me if i am wrong.

a phone that has same amount of RAM that Nokia C6 has, 2x times faster CPU, better touch/display, better OS is entry level Andriod?

Let me clarify. Till now, Android market was dominated by HTC and Motorola who released high end phones with lot of gizmos and naturally, given the attention that Andrioid is getting, they priced all the phones above 20k. Now, just that Samsung released similar phone for lower price doesn't mean that it is entry level low quality phone.

And as far as ur assumption of the C series goes, its releasing on 15th July, and i have personally seen a C6 and i can vouch for its querty and software, yes agreed its nothing like the so called "android" but sir its an excellent buy for 12.5-13k. I'm no ambassador of NOKIA as i bought my bro a samsung monte with capacitive touch day b4, but i am smart enough to realize that at 12-13k even without a capacitive touch, it beats all models of samsung in the same range hands down.

If u have used the C6 and then ur saying this statement then ur a hypocrite, else a fool.

Now, we have a phone (samsung Spica) that is selling really well, is applauded by user base as a stable and quality device, has lot of support from developers, getting lot of custom made ROMs, has huge app market, has minimal complaints from users. On the other hand we have a phone (Nokia C6) that is not yet released and is based on dying OS and hardware. How did you determine that C6 is better? And you say that you are smart enough to realize that? How can you be that smart that you can judge which phone is better when you have used neither? And if you were that smart, you would've stopped your bro from buying Monte (that has shitty OS and is worth nothing) and instead got him 5800XM atleast.

so please b4 attcking someones thread next time, consider that fact that ppl over come here to actually ask for favors in helping them buy a gadget and not for a show of ur personal EGO and hatred against NOKIA. Yes the symbain is gettin slowly phased out, but it KICKED ass, and as far as i'm concerned it still has some juice left in it.

again, taking a decision based on past performance is not a good thing to do. yes, symbian WAS good. WAS! It may have some juice left but there are litres and litres of juice available elsewhere :)

You yourself agreed that Symbian is slowly getting phased out, then why are you suggesting a phone that is based on this ageing OS? is it just because you trust Nokia?

TO THE THREAD STARTER : my suggestion is u wait just for about 15 days or so till the C series comes out, if it is a flop, well this guy is always there for other suggestions i guess

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

please visit this and decide for your self: *www.91mobiles.com/compare/Samsung/I5700+Galaxy+Spica/vs/Nokia/C6/vs/LG/KP550+Rip+Curl.html
[/quote]

and WTF is this KP550? FYI, I know Sriharsha personally. He is not some big shot. He doesn't need to look at some spec sheet online to compare phones. He too had limited budget of 15k when he got Spica. He thought a lot before moving to Symbian. He was loyal to Symbian till he started using Andriod (and I followed the same path). what he said may be a bit harsh on you but it is true. Nokia is being trumped from all sides by Samsung. Me too had bad feelings about Samsung mobile phones but lately they have been making some really good phones and the market share shows the same. One can't be at no.2 with huge market share if they are making bad phones.
I had enough of this "I am Nokia" posts lately. Being loyal to brands like Apple helps coz they innovate but Nokia lately has been doing renovation which is not at all helping and hence I left that camp.
Recently when I used N900 for a month (for testing) and when I returned to 5800XM, I felt relief that I am back on this phone but when I got HTC Legend, I never looked back at 5800XM and sold if off without second thought. And am not the only one. There are many such SYmbian users who moved to Android and iphone OS platforms and are happy customers now.

To THE THREAD STARTER: Unles you are a NOkia loyalist, go and get Samsung Spica or get Samsung Galaxy if you can pay a bit more. Do remember that Spica has DivX support and it's 800MHz proccy makes Android run really fast. And Android 2.2 (coming out soon) increases performance many fold.

PS: Don't judge a phone by looking at a table or by looking at brand logo.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

i always trust NOKIA

go for either Nokia N79 or if u can increase ur budget by 1K than go for Nokia C6 (@13K)

Buddy, you have been here for a long time. In current market, only Trust doesn't work and you know that. And N79 looks seriously limited if you compare it to the functionality that devices like Spica has.

I used to go gaa gaa over Symbian S60 and 5800XM and in fact I recommended this phone to many. But not now. This is not Nokia's time. Also, am eagerly waiting to see how N8/S^3 does. It's a new platform and I can't suggest it to users till it looks stable. And till that time, it's Android/iPhone FTW! :)

Sir, b4 u read further on u must know that i write this with no personal grudge, how can i when i don't even knw u.

anyway's commin to the point, please try to understand that a lot of people, more or less like myself visit this forum looking for valuable suggestions and considering, we buy our cell phones and other electronics. Maybe u are a hotshot but ppl like us don't have the luxury of buying a cell phone every month!

Yes the latest platform is the android and its fast and blah blah blah, and if i had the cash and all, "we" don need ppl like u to tell me to get the android platform, even the uneducated shpkeeper knows that and he can well guide us through!

Ur post show u have a lot of knowledge in this field most probably more than me, so stop being a je&k and help us genuinely instead of blabbering on to ppl and suggesting them to stay away from Symbian.

+1+1+1+1+1+1 ha ha..very nice specially the beginning "sir" :shock:

This thread should be made sticky...coz till the time I wrote some burst blowing down..I want others to follow :D :D

Funny peoples fighting for a thread for 12k phones including me..guys we're not Samsung or Nokia ambassadors ?? are we ??
@desi you mentioned that spica support divx..lol Do you know nokia 5800xm support it too ??

I think most of you samsung lovers haven't tried the full juice of 5800xm capabilities..the customization, freaky music, amazing list of software,games...etc. Can you compare the sound quality of Samsung phones with Nokia ?? If you're than there is no point in explaining further.

Does 800mhz processor and andriod makes samsung phones up than nokia ??lol

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

off course I forget to write its about TFT Capacitive Touchscreen, 65K Colors of Spica vs TFT Touchscreen, 16M Colors of Nokia 5800xm...lol

No its about 320X480 display size of spica vs 640X360 display size of 5800xm ??

No its about 3G of spica and HSDPA- 3.6 Mbps of nokia 5800 ??

Audio player of Spica -MP3 / AMR / AAC / AAC+ / E-AAC+ vs nokia 5800xm MP3, AAC, AAC+, EAAC+, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A (Apple Lossless), MP4, AMR ?

3.2 Mega Pixels Camera With Autofocus of spica or 3.2 Mega Pixels With Dual LED Flash & Autofocus

*www.91mobiles.com/compare/Samsung/I5700+Galaxy+Spica/vs/Nokia/C6/vs/LG/KP550+Rip+Curl.html

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@neeraj, I said this before and I am telling again. Why are you looking at paper specs when comoaring?

1. Spica display Is 16m color tft.
2. Spica has HSDPA.
3. Even with lower resolution, Spica display looks much better
4. Spica audio quality is very neutral and intact better than 5890xm's audio quality
5. And please don't tell ke about apps. ovi store literally sucks when compared to Android market.
6. Though 5800 xm has 3.2 mp camera, it sucks. same is with Spica cam too.
7. By divx playback, I meant out if the box support.
8. More importantly, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk integration. you can say that you can install apps for the same but it come nowhere close to what a feature integrated into the OS gives.

it is the overall functionality of Android with nicely built hardware is what makes Spica so good.

so stop lolling and get your facts right!

<quote>
</quote>
Classic fanboyism! Such comments make it only worse.

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Even I don't have personal grudges against anyone here :)

And I'm no hotshot and I'm very conscious while spending money on good products for long term use. If it is worth it then I might think of spending on it, I don't buy anything just for the sake of buying it to showoff and neither do I have the luxury/money to get a new phone every month. If I really had that much, I would have been the first Froyo user here ( Sorry kalpik :p)

I'm no geek here, I too take suggestions from members of this forum before going for pricey products, 12k is not a small amount for anyone, So I don't like people suggesting EOL products and those with no specific user reviews, its not a small amount to take such risks, since these are long term investments for people like us.

All we do is give you the info, pros and cons, alternatives. Finally its your money and your choice as to which one you should be going for.

I think you are knowledgeable enough that I suggested spica for 12K,not even a penny higher. I haven't suggested X10 or Desire or N1, for you to say that.

Yes, you can happily buy it from a uneducated shopkeeper, who stopped you from doing that :)

Mind you that very uneducated shopkeeper might me more knowledgeable than "us", who knows !!! Stop having such perceptions.

And as far as ur assumption of the C series goes, its releasing on 15th July, and i have personally seen a C6 and i can vouch for its querty and software, yes agreed its nothing like the so called "android" but sir its an excellent buy for 12.5-13k.
Precisely that is what I was asking. Seeing it is one thing & using it for a brief period is another. You just can't judge a phone by going through it for a short period.

I'm no ambassador of NOKIA as i bought my bro a samsung monte with capacitive touch day b4, but i am smart enough to realize that at 12-13k even without a capacitive touch, it beats all models of samsung in the same range hands down.

This shows that you have never tried them personally before making such statements. Mind you, you don't need to be some hotshot to try out mobiles, you can just borrow it from friends or else try them in a shop.

self contradictory statements!!!! So you want a person to spend his hard earned cash on some EOL product, when he can go for a better phone at same cost.

Now that says it all, who's a hypocrite/fool here.

We always are :) here to help and try to caution people from getting obsolete stuff.

Half of the specs are crap my friend, a small suggestion, try to use some reputed sites if you want to compare specs

*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2965&idPhone2=3229

+1+1+1+1+1+1 ha ha..very nice specially the beginning "sir" :shock:

This thread should be made sticky...coz till the time I wrote some burst blowing down..I want others to follow

Funny peoples fighting for a thread for 12k phones including me..guys we're not Samsung or Nokia ambassadors ?? are we ??
I'm saying it again 12k is not a small amount to gamble with wrong choice.

@desi you mentioned that spica support divx..lol Do you know nokia 5800xm support it too ??
He meant out of the box Divx/ Xvid support, you want to compare third party codecs here, I'm in :))
I think most of you samsung lovers haven't tried the full juice of 5800xm capabilities..the customization, freaky music, amazing list of software,games...etc.
We tried all the voodoo stuff on 5800 before keeping it away my friend ;)
Customization is not symbian's cup of tea my friend, peep into andoid and iPhone platforms to see what customization is.
You just said "amazing list of softwares" did you :clap2:
Sometimes Ignorance is bliss :meditate:

Can you compare the sound quality of Samsung phones with Nokia ?? If you're than there is no point in explaining further.
I think I said this before, 5800's speaker output rocks, jack output samsung scores better.
Mind you only 5800, apart from that all other Nokia/Samsung sound similar at that cost.

:blink: seriously you even want to compare this :p
off course I forget to write its about TFT Capacitive Touchscreen, 65K Colors of Spica vs TFT Touchscreen, 16M Colors of Nokia 5800xm...lol

No its about 320X480 display size of spica vs 640X360 display size of 5800xm ??

No its about 3G of spica and HSDPA- 3.6 Mbps of nokia 5800 ??

Audio player of Spica -MP3 / AMR / AAC / AAC+ / E-AAC+ vs nokia 5800xm MP3, AAC, AAC+, EAAC+, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A (Apple Lossless), MP4, AMR ?

3.2 Mega Pixels Camera With Autofocus of spica or 3.2 Mega Pixels With Dual LED Flash & Autofocus

*www.91mobiles.com/compare/Samsung/I5700+Galaxy+Spica/vs/Nokia/C6/vs/LG/KP550+Rip+Curl.html
If you really knew what you are talking about, then I think you might know that 65K was the limit that Android 1.5 had on all devices irrespective of what the display is capable of. FYI Spica is 16M capable, check the specs from some reputed sites, not crappy ones.

Don't tell me about the camera quality of 5800. Everyone knows about it. I've experienced it first hand.

360x640 is resolution my friend, not screen size. Both are 3.2 Inch screens and infact Spica's bigger & better. Check it out yourself :)
*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2965&idPhone2=2537

Regarding display quality, let the picture speak, both on zero brightness levels.

*img248.imageshack.us/img248/1733/dsc010231280x960.th.jpg

@Thread starter.
Sorry If had mislead you in anyway, I just wanted to prevent you from getting obsolete stuff. Also sorry for the OT that followed :)

@desiibond
Thanks anna :)

Last edited:
@neeraj, I said this before and I am telling again. Why are you looking at paper specs when comoaring?

1. Spica display Is 16m color tft.
2. Spica has HSDPA.
3. Even with lower resolution, Spica display looks much better
4. Spica audio quality is very neutral and intact better than 5890xm's audio quality
5. And please don't tell ke about apps. ovi store literally sucks when compared to Android market.
6. Though 5800 xm has 3.2 mp camera, it sucks. same is with Spica cam too.
7. By divx playback, I meant out if the box support.
8. More importantly, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk integration. you can say that you can install apps for the same but it come nowhere close to what a feature integrated into the OS gives.

it is the overall functionality of Android with nicely built hardware is what makes Spica so good.

so stop lolling and get your facts right!

<quote>
</quote>
Classic fanboyism! Such comments make it only worse.

I already told you it's my opinion and I still love Nokia offcourse Samsung still sucks and will ALWAYS !!!

Can't you see the point ?? Spica launched on 17 Nov 2009 and Nokia 5800xm launched somewhere in September, 2008..One year old Nokia phone is still the hot device in the market..the best selling phone and still people compare it with Spica lol ??

5800xm rocks..and you're telling me about the andriod market ?? If you have really tried and compared it with Nokia ovi..Andriod is just copying stuff and games from OVI..Its ok to comment that Spica has better hardware coz its new in market :D Nokia 5800xm is about to reach 2 years dude..and spica is just a kid long way to go..and till the time spica will try to get some market..nokia n8 gonna cost somewhere down the line and then spica will never exist and other models of Samsung will also be lost somewhere...lol ??

No way you can compare Spica with 5800XM music quality..no way dude..wake up....No way Spica music quality can be compared with 5800XM..lol Now you're really making me laugh.

Top Bottom