Need for Speed Most Wanted reboot

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I really like Criterion games. forget story, forget customization. Its all about hard racing and takedown. Story matters sometimes and i wish there is a proper way to deal with Blacklist (just like MW 2005) rather than just scoring more points will increase your blacklist no. But Burnout too was without any story and most simply hate the DJ. And EA is trying to turn most games into MP and in a racing game, mixing story + MP will only make it confusing.

sunnyhj

Broken In
u know what they should've done? create a whole new series if they wanted all multiplayer racing game..they should've left NFS alone..its better sometimes to not change a series completely and just add stuff to it. they could've made a more interesting and appealing singleplayer and then add whole new multiplayer to it.. oh well..its their series and they can do what they want..lets see how much they are going to sell this and how many are going to like it..i hope not much so that they will realize the imp of SP and next time do a better job and not just focus on GFX :p

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Having a story for racing games is pointless, no offence to people who want to have one, I will appreciate developers if they get a good story into the game. It worked in the days of UG2 and Most Wanted, but the same kind of stories won't work now, look at what happened with RUN.
Instead, developers can use a good progression system (UG2 and MW again ;) ) rather than having all the cars unlocked right from the beginning. Having a progression system lets the players chase after something rather than just playing casually(which EA has been focusing on too much lately).

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Even Dirt and Grid were very good in progression. They didn't had any story but still a kind of attraction that you'll play until the end.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Dirt 3 is definitely one of the best racing games i have played IMO. Gymkhana!! \m/
havent played GRID.

and Shift?? well.. its a shame on the Idea of creating NFS games.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Having a story for racing games is pointless, no offence to people who want to have one, I will appreciate developers if they get a good story into the game. It worked in the days of UG2 and Most Wanted, but the same kind of stories won't work now, look at what happened with RUN.
Instead, developers can use a good progression system (UG2 and MW again ;) ) rather than having all the cars unlocked right from the beginning. Having a progression system lets the players chase something rather than just playing casually(which EA has been focusing on too much lately).

This. Stories in racing games always turns out cheesy. Pure racing, like this game, is better than a facepalm.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
started playing the game ! gameplay is ok , not better than most wanted and hot pursuit but better than run . Only problem is @ 1440x900 my 560ti struggle to play the game at highest setting , frames fluctuate from 26-60 , sometime i feel a little lag . dont know how much frame it will give at full hd when i buy new monitor :(

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Wait for the patch, the PC version isn't optimized so well, even if you have a 680 or anything like that. Until then, you can try reducing the reflections and shadows to medium and play. I got around 30fps on average and went down till 15fps on some places :(
These performance issues make me laugh at Criterion, remember they made a statement about the PC version running on dx11 and that it boosts the performance upto 300%...epic lol!

There are some good things too, the game looks super pretty on high settings, better than Dirt 3, and the handling is very similar to the original mostwanted.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
lol, so what burnout paradise on xbl trumps over this thing? give it a few updates, it will catch on

axes2t2

I am a cat
^^ +1.
NFS U2-9.8/20
NFS MW(05 OR 06)-9.5/10
And then the whole series started falling Carbon was good(though i dint play it) undercover okayish(this was one of the last good ones) then they started focusing on graphics :(

He meant NFS series started dying a slow death after that one.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Wait for the patch, the PC version isn't optimized so well, even if you have a 680 or anything like that. Until then, you can try reducing the reflections and shadows to medium and play. I got around 30fps on average and went down till 15fps on some places :(
These performance issues make me laugh at Criterion, remember they made a statement about the PC version running on dx11 and that it boosts the performance upto 300%...epic lol!

There are some good things too, the game looks super pretty on high settings, better than Dirt 3, and the handling is very similar to the original mostwanted.

yes , it seems like game is very buggy , people with ati 6950 , 7850 are also facing frame rate drop issues , but atleast they should have given option for vsync and anti aliasing . Look like we have to wait for the patch .

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Am getting around 30 FPS at 1080p but its not consistent. Massive frame drops at some places to even 15-17 fps :|

Some of the tracks in the game are really good,car handling sharp. And there is epic thrill of finding a new car just waiting for you in open/hidden spaces.
Found around 49 jackspots in 2 hours :p
Races feel insanely fast and furious,driving over every single thing!! X_x
But easy drive's mod on the fly could have been implemented better. on the fly modding is not possible and I end up crashing most of the time. :\
Overall..its not too bad,but could have been a whole lot better.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
i feel little lag for frames < 30 , so i keep it above 40 , overclocked 560ti which helped a little , now frame rate not drop below 40 , it remain between 40-60 .

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Those who are getting low FPS , try to OFF the HEADLIGHT SHADOWS in the graphics setting , also there is no Vsync ! for me also experiencing the fluctuating FPS 60 to 15 & 45 to 68 like that dono wats the problem . But anyway the game is pretty playable .

Top Bottom