Need a Gaming mouse under 1.5k

Risspartan117

Broken In
As the title suggests, I need a budget gaming mouse. I've never used a Gaming mouse before, so a entry level mouse should do the trick. The mouse should be a USB 2.0 wired one.
While looks don't really matter much, but I'd rather avoid something that has flashy colors like Red. Blue is okay, but it's better if it can be avoided altogether.
I have my eyes set on CM Storm Xornet, as it fits my budget and looks okay as well, but in the other posts many members suggest the Longitech G400. The G400 costs approx 1.7k and Xornet approx 1.4k. I can push my budget for the G400 but only if it's worth it.

Guys please help me out. Please suggest me which is better among the two (CM or Longitech) or suggest me something else that's better. Thanks guys!

P.S. I'm also in need of a keyboard, but that's not urgent. If anybody is interested, please suggest me a keyboard within 1.5k-2k as well.

EDIT - I need both, a keyboard and mouse within 3.5-4k. G400 is too costly now and goes way above my budget. I'm open to other suggestions and combos. Budget it tight, and need to buy urgently. Do help me out here. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Xankill3r

Broken In
I have had my Logitech MX518 for close to 3 years now and it is still working great. Logitech is great as far as life is concerned (unless something really horrible has happened since I bought my mouse).
I've been using my mouse for everything from Civilization III/IV to DoTA and it has served me well so far.
So, if other threads here suggest the G400 then I would definitely suggest going for it.

OP
R

Risspartan117

Broken In
I have had my Logitech MX518 for close to 3 years now and it is still working great. Logitech is great as far as life is concerned (unless something really horrible has happened since I bought my mouse).
I've been using my mouse for everything from Civilization III/IV to DoTA and it has served me well so far.
So, if other threads here suggest the G400 then I would definitely suggest going for it.

Thanks a lot for your help mate. I appreciate it.
Actually no one has mentioned the CM Xornet in any thread that I looked into. The thing is, Longitech is slightly costlier than what my budget dictates, so I just want to know if it's worth the extra 200-300 bucks I put into it. The reviews in the seller site (Flipkart) are very good for both mice. I'm just not sure what to do. :/

P.S. My experience with Longitech hasn't really been "satisfactory". My old mouse was the one in the Longitech MK200 combo, and it didn't last more than two-three months. I know that was a cheapo mouse, but still.... :D lol!

EDIT: I just saw, Razor Abyssus is available for 1.5k in mdcomputers.in!
RAZER MOUSE ABYSSUS - Rs.1,575 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

What say guys? :greedy:

Xankill3r

Broken In
The Abyssus is for a very different kind of a grip style, so it would boil down to your preferences.
Also, mdcomputers has the G400 for 3k+, which is a bit odd because the G400 is available on flipkart for 1700.

Thanks a lot for your help mate. I appreciate it.
Actually no one has mentioned the CM Xornet in any thread that I looked into. The thing is, Longitech is slightly costlier than what my budget dictates, so I just want to know if it's worth the extra 200-300 bucks I put into it. The reviews in the seller site (Flipkart) are very good for both mice. I'm just not sure what to do. :/

P.S. My experience with Longitech hasn't really been "satisfactory". My old mouse was the one in the Longitech MK200 combo, and it didn't last more than two-three months. I know that was a cheapo mouse, but still.... :D lol!

EDIT: I just saw, Razor Abyssus is available for 1.5k in mdcomputers.in!
RAZER MOUSE ABYSSUS - Rs.1,575 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

What say guys? :greedy:

Cheap razer mices aren't good at all AFAIK. better stick with Logitech.

$hadow

Geek in making
Just got my g400 earlier was using my brother D. A. which broke out in just 3 months of gaming. Now I have been using it for long gaming sessions like 3 to 5 hours and it working more than fine but one thing is that it is a bit big mouse if you are coming from a small mouse or razer back ground you will take some time getting used to it. But once done it is just awesome.

OP
R

Risspartan117

Broken In
Thanks a lot for your recommendations everyone! I could not buy a mouse back then, 'cuz I got busy with something else. The G400 is out of my budget now as it costs a whopping Rs. 2.7k in Flipkart now.
I did however see a cheap combo by Cooler Master, the CM Storm Devastator. It consists of a MS2K mouse and MB24 keyboard. It's up for pre-order and should be released anytime now. it costs almost 3k in MDC and 3.5k in Flipkart and this is in my budget (as it's both keyboard and mouse).

Here's the link -
Cooler Master Devastator USB Mouse and USB Keyboard - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com

I know it's barely a entry level gaming combo at best, but that's exactly what I need. Not to mention, my budget is tight, and this seems like a perfect deal to me. But I'm not able to find any reviews for this in the net. Can someone here please help me and suggest whether it's a good deal?

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate your help. :)

OP
R

Risspartan117

Broken In
Well the device looks sturdy but cannot be compared with g400 I guess.

Of course it can't, but G400 is too costly (for a mouse) now. I planned on buying it before but I got caught up in something. Now it's out of my budget.
That's why I'm going for CM Storm Devastator. Need to know if it's worth it.
Btw, thanks for helping out!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
So what do you think? Is the CM Strom Devastator worth it? Should I go ahead with it?

Good go with the CM Storm Devastator Combo if it comes below 3500. My MS Sidewinder X6 KB+Logitech G400 cost me around 2000+1600=3600 in April,2012. So if Storm Devastator comes for under 3600 simply go for it eyes closed buddy.OK.

OP
R

Risspartan117

Broken In
Good go with the CM Storm Devastator Combo if it comes below 3500. My MS Sidewinder X6 KB+Logitech G400 cost me around 2000+1600=3600 in April,2012. So if Storm Devastator comes for under 3600 simply go for it eyes closed buddy.OK.

Available for 2.7k in MDC. Discount on Pre-Order. :p

saswat23

Human Spambot
If you are still interested in G400 then get it for 1.87k: Logitech Gaming Mouse G400: Buy Online @ Rs.1877/- | Snapdeal.com
Hurry up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom