Tamoghno

Padawan
^^yup the android one from SE looks promising...have everything;-)

Actually I am not satisfied with TFT screen on satio...y dont they give an AMOLED which is much better...is it restricted by symbian???
Again there is no 3.5mm jack which is a big disappointment for a SE fan like me

I somewhat like nokia for giving an organised package with wifi,gprs,3.5mm jack,sd slot and a good cam at affordable price:)

If i go android , i'll put money on motorola . After all they still make the best hardware .

Symbiam dont have restriction regarding amoled , N86 and Samsung omnia hd runs amoled . But i think companies are avoiding it because of its horrible sunlight legability. So far what i've seen , n85 is almost completely unreadable in direct sunlight and omnia hd (which i haven'r seen) isn't much better. . Using gps is nightmare. Remember first colour screen phones like samsung c100 .according to yogi n86 is better than 85 but still lagging behind likes of 95 8gb. Maybe companies are waiting until amoledi s matured . In my opinion , better color in indoor at cost of unability to use outdoor is not worth it .I am pretty much happy with screen of my 5800 .

sujoyp

Grand Master
@dreamcatcher....w995 at 23k is very good....actually i havent found it on compareindia.com soo thought its not available:oops:

@Tamoghno ...yup u r right amoled has very poor sunlight legability...I have read that for samsung jet and samsung pixon12 as well..

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Yup. Pretty sure that N86 sunlight legibility is much better than N85 and due to its front glass covering as well as a bit better oled display. And its not that only oled has this problem. Samsung innov8 also sucks in this regard. Se w995 is no better either.

For w995 to be a alternate buy,it must be a whole 2k cheaper than N86 which its not. w995 would be a great buy at 17-18k ..

Anyways no handset comes close to N86 apart from sammy innov8 which is way to costly.

@Tamoghno- The sunlight disadvantage comes only if its a direct bright sunlight. In other cases its pretty much good as even n95 8gb. Now no one is India has the guts to stand in that bright sunlight while using his cellphone. But its a disadvantage as far as image clicking goes. With N85, in bright direct sunlight coming from back of u, u just cant see what r u filming as screen turns into a mirror. Though N86 is better but how much better i dont know as in this monsoon season, i have not got much chance to test that aspect.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
if w995 is 23k then at least i can say its not too overpriced....price will come down to 20k and it would be a very good buy...

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
A bit offtopic but ..

*www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=186835

monstar specs ..

sujoyp

Grand Master
cool specs a worthy compititor of omnia HD.....
But i have heard that samsung r also preparing for an 12mp optical zoom mobile cam....

Tamoghno

Padawan
A bit offtopic but ..

*www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=186835

monstar specs ..

I loaded the page and as soon as i saw the LG logo , i pressed back . 5 second of my life wasted .

@ sujoyp , even at 23k w995 is not worth the price comparing n86 . 86 have better screen , bigger and much cheaper memory , better cam , better apps and games . It needs to come down atleast 18-19k.

@yogi

N86 comes with 8 gig internal memory and 8gig microsd right ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ sujoyp , even at 23k w995 is not worth the price comparing n86 . 86 have better screen , bigger and much cheaper memory , better cam , better apps and games . It needs to come down atleast 18-19k.

I quoted 20k and u 19k the difference is the supplied headset with SE mobiles which really rocks:razz:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea, the W995 comes with desktop speakers and HPM-88 noise cancellation headphones. The Nokia sucks in those.

Tamoghno

Padawan
I quoted 20k and u 19k the difference is the supplied headset with SE mobiles which really rocks:razz:

Yeah , although i personally dont like noisw cancelling earphones , but the great bundled earphones helps a long a in creating perception that se have good sound quality . Nokia earphones are really worthless . Lets see how much improves in 5530xm.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Erm.... the W995 was rated highly in all reviews using similar headphones in both the N86 and the W995. Check mobile.mail, they compared the N86 and the W995 and gave it 5 to the N86's 3.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
First N86 has some 63mb of ram free after freshbootup.

And that comparo of mobile.ru is pathetic. N86 sound damn damn good. Just that nokia does not supply a good quality earphones generally, though the one with N86 are pretty good. My N86 with cx 400 sound damn damn good.

Nokia is going to offer some wh-205 model with 5530 express music which is known to be very good.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The N86 comes with a pair of high quality in-ear earphones, much better than the usual crap that comes with Nokia phones. And I've got the W995 with me as well and when tested with the same pair of earphones both sound equally good, but the N86 is around 20% louder. Also the N86 comes with remote control built into the headset, something that the W995 does not have. If I had to pick one between the two for music, I'd pick the N86.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I would pick the W995 coz the music features it offers and the look and feel of the walkman 4 player far outperforms the N86. Loudness can easily be increased by changing the equalizer settings. Coming from experience, the Nokia phones dont have any noticeable change when changing equalizers, but SE phones do. They increase the sound quality two folds. If anyone can give me the acoustic drivers for the W995, i can mod the wbxml file and increase the sound. No probs. :)

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Just used N86 today

LOOKS = CRAP

FEATURES = GREAT

Really it looks damn crap from the front...

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Just used N86 today

LOOKS = CRAP

FEATURES = GREAT :razz:

Really it looks damn crap from the front...