Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
blah...I broke the G String while tuning :evil: (never expected that chord to break)

Happy, sad, etc are noobspeak in guitar. :p

But IMHO, saddest is Em.
Minor chords are soft & sometimes sad
Major chords are Happy
Major 7th chords are sweet,dreamy,bright & jazzy
Minor 7th chords are Mellow & jazzy
7th chords are Twangy,bluesy and funky sounding (like A7,B7 etc)

I love Reggae very much

axes2t2

I am a cat
You have be careful with the G-string everywhere ;)

Also,what are y'all favorite chord progression's,like you can't think of any song to play and just want to jam out.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^We have to be careful with high e string since it is more prone to breaking;)

My high e string broke today,i didnt have any spares left exept for an old b string.So i put it in place of the e string and tuned to e.lol now it sounds like sitar lol:))

Gen.Libeb

Padawan

My high e string broke today,i didnt have any spares left exept for an old b string.So i put it in place of the e string and tuned to e.lol now it sounds like sitar lol:))

Does it sound right ? I've broken the high E string twice. now I have 2 spare sets of strings without the high E, the shop guys don't sell individual strings.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You are also a noob since you said 'saddest' :p

I was keeping up with the general lingo you guys got going here.

You have be careful with the G-string everywhere ;)

Also,what are y'all favorite chord progression's,like you can't think of any song to play and just want to jam out.

Seriously, I've broken the G string more than the high E string.

Some chord progressions :

Em-C-G-D - Holiday by Green Day

C#m-A-G#m-G - Harvest by Opeth

One that I've been doing recently : Dm-F-C-G then Dm-Am-F-C

One more : Am E Am G C G Am E

Better to replace it with a crappy E string than another string.

Some stores do sell spare high e strings... But they only have crappy brands like karuna etc usually

Karuna strings get dull pretty soon, not to mentioned rusted. That's why I'd prefer to replace the whole set than replace a single string.

Last edited:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Does it sound right ? I've broken the high E string twice. now I have 2 spare sets of strings without the high E, the shop guys don't sell individual strings.

you can tune it to e,but it doesnt sound alright,but its better than playing with 5 strings..

Better to replace it with a crappy E string than another string.
both strings broke:/(2 'e's).will buy tomorrow.btw crappiest string i ever had was 'reynaulds'.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
you can tune it to e,but it doesnt sound alright,but its better than playing with 5 strings..

both strings broke:/(2 'e's).will buy tomorrow.btw crappiest string i ever had was 'reynaulds'.

Or you can play only power chords.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
G,B & High E are more susceptible to breaking....the two Big Boss strings E & A are ironman strings (very rare they will break)
and to protect strings from rusting always clean the strings after done playing coz u know the sweat from hands has salt in it and corrosion occurs from that point
how many of u can play pentatonic scale?

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Not sure if this is the right place to ask.
Can you guys suggest bands similar to - Three days grace / Linkin Park / Story of the Year / Evanescence ... that genre, not really much difficult to play & tuning in drop D or Drop Db or standard tuning.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Not sure if this is the right place to ask.
Can you guys suggest bands similar to - Three days grace / Linkin Park / Story of the Year / Evanescence ... that genre, not really much difficult to play & tuning in drop D or Drop Db or standard tuning.

Nirvana songs are easy to play(std tuning)

Top Bottom