Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

axes2t2

I am a cat
Now I am caught up between Orange micro terror + cab OR Roland Cube 40 XL.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The Orange Micro Terror is a hybrid tube amp. That means that the preamp is tube and the power amp is solid state. The Roland Cube 40 is a fully solid state amp. Therefore, the Orange will have better tone but no effects, therefore you will have to rely on external pedals. The Roland Cube has built in effects and amp models.

The question therefore really is whether you value tone or effects. If you are looking for crisp tone, then get Orange otherwise get Roland.

Also note that the Micro Terror is just an amp head the you will have to invest in a speaker cabinet as well. You can try to look for second hand cabinets in your city if you are on a budget or you could get some carpenter to build one for you with a good speaker if you know what you are doing.

axes2t2

I am a cat
Will visits shops in my area today,tomorrow to get prices on the Micro+Cab and Cube 40.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Found a better "Hinder - Lips of an Angel" tutorial

D DU UDU

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Anybody knows Canon Rock Song ? It looks awesome to learn though i am not sure if i should try it learning .

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Anybody knows Canon Rock Song ? It looks awesome to learn though i am not sure if i should try it learning .

Its great. There are so many cool covers of it on youtube.

Sure try learning it. I been practising it for quite some time but still can't get it without mistakes or making it sound as good but it feels nice to play.

Heard of Crystallize ? Its on violin but still fun to play on guitar.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Found guitar tabs for Canon in D. So much fun !

CANON IN D by Pachelbel: Fingerstyle Guitar Lesson - GuitarNick.com

axes2t2

I am a cat
When it comes to amps the guitar stores in India suck.

The products they have in stock are complete crap.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Look for Calor amps. Its a company founded by one guy in Mumbai and he sells hand made tube amps and heads. Really high quality stuff. But price is also some what expensive.

But then you have to shell out a bit if you want high quality stuff.

Gollum

Collector
Look for Calor amps. Its a company founded by one guy in Mumbai and he sells hand made tube amps and heads. Really high quality stuff. But price is also some what expensive.

But then you have to shell out a bit if you want high quality stuff.
Video kahan pe hai?
Where is the video?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You can search for it.

Any way, here you go:

[video]*youtu.be/5wpI_txC6uc[/video]