Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

axes2t2

I am a cat
Roland Micro Cube. Was planning on getting a Laney 15watt for a while now.

Well I currently have Peavey Rage 158 and thinking about upgrading too.

Fender Mustang II
Marshall MG30CFX
Peavey Vip 2
Roland 40XL

Tough choices...

any other recommendations and views on the above?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Marshall is good if you play on drive or distortion. Fender is good for cleans though I an not sure about the drive on the Mustang. The rest are modeling amps I think but don't know much about them.

- - - Updated - - -

What type of music do you plan on playing?

axes2t2

I am a cat
marshall is good if you play on drive or distortion. Fender is good for cleans though i an not sure about the drive on the mustang. The rest are modeling amps i think but don't know much about them.

- - - updated - - -

what type of music do you plan on playing?

acdc,rhcp ...

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The Marshall would be good then. However, the Marshall only has plain drive, you will have to make your own effects chain if you want additional effects.

However, If you want some effects, then consider the Peavey or the Roland multi-effects amps.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Bought an Alesis DM6 electronic drum kit for around 27k a couple of days back. Always wanted to play drums but couldn't due to lack of space and money lol. So far, have learnt a couple of basic 4x4 beats and trying to learn some fills, but the hand-feet co-ordination while keeping time is killing me!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Bought an Alesis DM6 electronic drum kit for around 27k a couple of days back. Always wanted to play drums but couldn't due to lack of space and money lol. So far, have learnt a couple of basic 4x4 beats and trying to learn some fills, but the hand-feet co-ordination while keeping time is killing me!
Cool. First start with simple 4/4 kick snare combo. Better practice with a metronome to get your timing right.

You should be able to play without a metronome after some practice.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Micro Terror is just an amp head. You will also need a cabinet to use with it.

Don't know about Blackstar, but the Micro Terror has crazy distortion. Listen to Boris and you will know.

axes2t2

I am a cat
I know about the Terror.

I feel that a good cabinet will go over my budget or even if I buy,it will be too much for a bedroom guitarist.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I know about the Terror.

I feel that a good cabinet will go over my budget or even if I buy,it will be too much for a bedroom guitarist.

At least you should have 12'' speaker cabinet if you want to get an amp head. Otherwise no use.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
From what I know, Metal Zone has a pretty weird eq. However, people say that you can even get Hendrix or Santana tones out of it if you know how to tweak it.

Top Bottom