Multiplayer on a single PC?

OP
Lord073

Lord073

Journeyman
@topgear Hey that was helpful. Trine, L4D are some of my favs. Also I heard that SS: BFE also supprts local multiplayer though I'm not sure.

@Sarath Sorry but I didn't get you :p

gameranand

Living to Play
I guess you can play RE5 split screen but need a net connection. As you can see there are not many action and adventure games. You need net connection for them. But you can play fighting games offline though. I think Lara croft guardian of light is playable but not sure though.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Forgot to post it before but try Watchmen: The End Is Nigh - one of my most favorite game ;-)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
well most of the games I know are given above...

try NFS III & Super Street Fighter IV

Q: Does Counter Strike support two players?

Tachyon1986

In the zone
well most of the games I know are given above...

try NFS III & Super Street Fighter IV

Q: Does Counter Strike support two players?

Welcome back Zangetsu , haven't seen you around in a while.

And no, it doesn't support 2 players on the same PC.

Little Fighter 2 is an excellent 2 player game. It's free , get it at *www.lf2.net/

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ care to share the game names ?

Welcome back Zangetsu , haven't seen you around in a while.

And no, it doesn't support 2 players on the same PC.

Little Fighter 2 is an excellent 2 player game. It's free , get it at Little Fighter 2 Official Website

2 players can play even using only a single keyboard ;-)

Tachyon1986

In the zone
^^ care to share the game names ? 2 players can play even using only a single keyboard ;-)

Lol , one aims/moves while the other shoots? :p

Are there any games that 2 (or more) people can play on one computer with a couple of controllers? Actually my cousin has got a controller and I also ordered myself one today as well, so that's why I'm wondering if there are any games that we could play together on either his or my PC. My internet connection isn't the fastest so online multiplayer isn't an option for me. LAN also isn't possible as it would be quite a difficult task dragging his PC to mine or mine to his house LOL. And please don't suggest buying a console because that won't be possible LMFAO.
Thanks.

Common misconception. Internet speed has nothing to do with your online multiplayer performance. I'll assume you're at least on a 256kbps connection. It's all about DISTANCE to the server and ping times. So if you're located closer to the server, you'll have better performance with that 256kbps than someone who lives farther away with a 2mbps line.

You'll get really good pings to servers in Singapore. I get around 75-100 ms for TF2 , BF3 and L4D2 servers located in Singapore (It's probably because I'm in Chennai though , direct undersea link to singapore possibly)

Last edited:
OP
Lord073

Lord073

Journeyman
Common misconception. Internet speed has nothing to do with your online multiplayer performance. I'll assume you're at least on a 256kbps connection. It's all about DISTANCE to the server and ping times. So if you're located closer to the server, you'll have better performance with that 256kbps than someone who lives farther away with a 2mbps line.

You'll get really good pings to servers in Singapore. I get around 75-100 ms for TF2 , BF3 and L4D2 servers located in Singapore (It's probably because I'm in Chennai though , direct undersea link to singapore possibly)

Well, actually my internet speed isn't that bad. I always get around 1 mbps all the time. It's the ping thing that actually sucks. Check my speedtest.net result below:

*www.speedtest.net/result/1763669883.png

OP
Lord073

Lord073

Journeyman
yes Ping rates are of importance in Multiplayer Online Gaming..but your ping rate seems ok

It might seem ok now but it's not always like this. Sometimes it goes over 200...sometimes 300 :banghead:

BTW what is the minimum ping rate required for a smooth gameplay?

Tachyon1986

In the zone
It might seem ok now but it's not always like this. Sometimes it goes over 200...sometimes 300 :banghead:

BTW what is the minimum ping rate required for a smooth gameplay?

That really depends on the game. For FPS , anywhere between 100-150ms is sufficient , ideal range is 75-120ms.

For strategy like games such as League of Legends, DOTA, Heroes of Newerth e.t.c , you can easily play with a ping of 250-300 ms.

MMORPGs where all you have to do is click and watch as your character attacks also fall into the 250-300 ms category. But watch out for MMORPGs that have FPS like combat - you'll need really good pings on those , like 100-150ms.

Ping rates are usually affected by the route to the game's servers. So , you might get more lag when connecting to Singapore because the data packet has to travel across the whole of India. As I've explained earlier , I get good pings to Singapore since I'm already on the east coast.

In short - Distance , Distance , Distance . You should see the state of players from the Middle east. Not many servers are hosted there , and they're forced to connect to European or Asian servers, which triggers a ping of 300+ms (I should know, I've lived in the middle-east).

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
One upcoming game is Tekken vs Camcom which is releasing on march 6.

Yes two people can play a fighting game on a single PC using KB only although gamepad is recommended.

Top Bottom