MSI India GS60 Ghost Pro/Ghost Launching Announcement

Rohan Rathi

Mega Noob
It's good to see you're taking into consideration feedback from us.

As for me, I'll be buying a laptop next year first quarter. Personally, I hope that the 970m variants will be launched by that time and not with ridiculous price tags. MSI should definitely roll out the base models here and not the big guns. Really, a GT72 will be over 2 lacs here and no way in hell will anyone pay that much. The GT70-2293 looks sweet to me even though it contains the old chassis; It still will be at least 1.3 lacs here.

I'd rather spend a little less money by not getting and SSD or ridiculous amount of ram and maybe upgrade in the future. Really, if you'd give the option of not including these "luxury" items it would definitely turn out good in India. It would bring these otherwise out of the budget rigs closer to the affordable price tag.

By the way, It's great too see the flagship GS60 as low as 135k and accessories included!
Lol I feel like saying something like faith in humanity restored. :p
Really hope you take my view into consideration.

Cheers.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
It's good to see you're taking into consideration feedback from us.

As for me, I'll be buying a laptop next year first quarter. Personally, I hope that the 970m variants will be launched by that time and not with ridiculous price tags. MSI should definitely roll out the base models here and not the big guns. Really, a GT72 will be over 2 lacs here and no way in hell will anyone pay that much. The GT70-2293 looks sweet to me even though it contains the old chassis; It still will be at least 1.3 lacs here.

I'd rather spend a little less money by not getting and SSD or ridiculous amount of ram and maybe upgrade in the future. Really, if you'd give the option of not including these "luxury" items it would definitely turn out good in India. It would bring these otherwise out of the budget rigs closer to the affordable price tag.

By the way, It's great too see the flagship GS60 as low as 135k and accessories included!
Lol I feel like saying something like faith in humanity restored. :p
Really hope you take my view into consideration.

Cheers.

Thanks for the complement. It's just there are some grounds we need to meet in the middle because some things are just impossible to do in our side. A lot of consumers don't see how difficult it is in the back-end to provide such customized solutions.

As for the mainstream laptops, it's not MSI's strategy right now. You can see from all our efforts that MSI = Gaming. It's not in my position to set the upper management decision for this change. Mainstream laptops have already the big brand boys who are in the minds of most people, MSI has tried that method and would want to forget it.

Yes, it's very affordable now, please let your friends know about this promotional offer while supplies last.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ last time I checked MSI GP60 2PE Leopard's price was 63-64k and now after the "free Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset and a Kinzu Mouse " promo , the price is 66.5k

You think people can be fooled this much? :facepalm:

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

^ last time I checked MSI GP60 2PE Leopard's price was 63-64k and now after the "free Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset and a Kinzu Mouse " promo , the price is 66.5k

You think people can be fooled this much? :facepalm:

Lowered prices are for Diwali promotion and has got nothing to do with the bundling promotion. The bundles are from MSI and not from Flipkart.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ They will "eventually" Arrive soon with the MSi GT72 Variants

and this is the TDF Thread

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
^^ They will "eventually" Arrive soon with the MSi GT72 Variants

and this is the TDF Thread
Thanks. I know that's the new thread. I even commented there. But since my query was regarding ghost pro I posted here. Anyway gt72 will be freaking costly. Only if gs60 with 900m series comes below 1.5 lakhs soon then great, coz I am looking to buy a laptop in Jan with that budget.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Thanks. I know that's the new thread. I even commented there. But since my query was regarding ghost pro I posted here. Anyway gt72 will be freaking costly. Only if gs60 with 900m series comes below 1.5 lakhs soon then great, coz I am looking to buy a laptop in Jan with that budget.

Hi there. GS60 will come with 4k and GTX970M. If your budget is about 1.5 lakhs, i suggest to go for the ones available at Flipkart (Msi Store Online - Buy Msi Products Online at Best Price in India - Flipkart.com) now.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Rhyansy a question regarding the current gs60 s on sale at flipkart. Do they have the maxwell or Kepler variant of 860m. The same query for ge60 as well.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Rhyansy a question regarding the current gs60 s on sale at flipkart. Do they have the maxwell or Kepler variant of 860m. The same query for ge60 as well.

Hi there! GS60 GTX860M are with Maxwell architecture, same with the GE60 GTX860M one.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Get your FREE Rs. 9000 in-game currency with any MSI Gaming Notebooks bought at Flipkart (Msi Store Online - Buy Msi Products Online at Best Price in India - Flipkart.com). Hurry while supplies last!!!

For more details, please visit the official promo page: GeForce GTX War Thunder, Infinite Crisis, and Strife Bundle | GeForce

*scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10805679_898574980153274_2865244569531315480_n.jpg?oh=5d4cdc4f773b89f8924ea02882c67e1b&oe=55199A4C

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
The price of all MSI laptops on flipkart have suddenly been jacked up by an average of 15k inr. Is this some kind of a joke? Never seen such price fluctuations in any other brand before. Was thinking of getting a gs60 ghost end of this year. Now I guess MSI is off my list. Seriously disappointing guys at MSI/flipkart. Your customers are not stupid you know...

Rohan Rathi

Mega Noob
Yup, this IS really disappointing. The rep even said that these prices fit those who can "afford" these laptops. Ouch. And then he wonders why we talk about getting it imported. Get it Rhyansy, I have friends outside India who can get the laptop for me at literally half the price. But I am still giving it a shot to get it in India to get warranty and avoid other hassles. The least you can do is sympathise. Complaining wont help, but you dont really need to defend your company. Electronics are expensive in india. It's a fact.

I reckon its not in your hands but I really hope or say dream that the base model will be available here. I've dont know that the rumored price is true or not, and actually the gt72 970m price fits I'd say but still man I cant go that far.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The prices may have been bumped up because of the FREE Rs. 9000 in-game currency promo :lol:

IMO, a company which wants to settle in India should offer VFM products, no matter what the price is.
Just compare lenovo's lineup with that of MSI [MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION].

Lenovo Z50 i7 4500U, FHD, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD, GT 840M (4GB) for 60K
MSI GP60 2PE Leopard i5 4200H, FHD, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, GT 840M (2GB) for 67k (should've been atmost 57k for providing competition)

Lenovo Y50 i7 4710 HQ, FHD, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD, GTX 860M (4GB) for 75k
MSI GE60 2PG Apache i7 4710MQ, FHD, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, GTX 850M (2GB) for 108k (suitable price 70k)

I won't go into higher priced models because the GE60 alone is enough to tell what you are missing, correct pricing.

I'm not low balling your products, I just think pricing strategy may not let MSI make a strong comeback to Indian market. (the prices are fcuked up seriously)

Last edited:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
That's a bad decision. The promo has been sitting there for a month now and suddenly jack up the price? Bad marketing strategy IMHO. Really MSI just lost a customer in me. I was serious about getting the gs60. Been saving money for a year now.... Sigh.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Any MSI Laptop does not come close to Lenovo Y50 in terms of pricing.
5 Stars to Lenovo,
3 Stars to MSI.