MSI India GS60 Ghost Pro/Ghost Launching Announcement

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
[MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION] Would the GE 60 pro launch too(the one with 860M) ? That is what I am looking forward to.

Yes. Both GTX860M and GTX850M will be released for GE60.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there will be any physicial experience sites for this !! As , i think anyone prior to using this has to feel how it works !!!

I suggest to go directly to Acro Engineering or Mrig Technologies, our authorized distribution partners for experiencing the gaming laptops.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

GE60 and GP60 unofficial announcement is out! Please refer to new thread for further discussion. Feel free to drop your queries.

*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/186721-msi-ge60-gp60-unofficial-announcement.html

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI GS60 Ghost Pro Gaming Notebook Launched in India On Flipkart at Rs 1,29,900
Read more at: MSI GS60 Ghost Pro Gaming Notebook Launched in India On Flipkart at Rs 1,29,900 - Gizbot

*www.gizbot.com/img/2014/09/08-olololo.jpg

You might not be familiar with MSI, the Taiwanese manufacturer that's steadily gaining traction outside of its native market with the high-end gaming notebooks. Unlike Lenovo or Asus, MSI hardly promote its gaming laptops in India. With the MSI GS60 Ghost Pro things are changing, it seems. The company has now launched its new gaming laptop, the MSI GS60, in India with price starting upwards of Rs. 1,29,900. It's the world's thinnest and lightest 15-inch gaming notebook, claims MSI. The premium high-end laptop comes in three configurations, and is exclusive to Flipkart.

For beginners, the MSI GS60 Ghost Pro has a 15.6-inch FHD Anti-glare, wide-viewing angle display. It's powered by a fourth generation Intel Core i7 processor; 16GB RAM and has a powerful dedicated graphics Nvidia Geforce GTX870M /Geforce GTX860M / Geforce GTX850M cards. The laptop also comes with 256GB of storage, coupled with paired with a 1TB HDD as well. Other highlighted features include a full color backlit SteelSeries keyboard and a 6-cellLi-Polymer battery. As usual, the notebook runs on Windows 8.1. The notebook weighs-in at just 1.96kg. "We are happy to announce the exclusive launch of MSIGS60 Ghost Pro series on Flipkart. With Flipkart's extensive experience in the gaming market, this partnership will help us reach the huge gaming community across the length and breadth of India. The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro series has been designed and developed to delight every gamer with its advanced and customizable features. We have been seeing a lot of people purchasing MSI computer components on Flipkart and are confident that this series will be a huge success amongst the gaming community in this country, "said Sam, Head of Marketing of MSI Notebooks. "This launch reinforces our constant focus on introducing world class products with innovative technology to the Indian customer. We have always seen a lot of traction from the thriving gaming community of India. With this exclusive partnership with MSI and the launch of the MSI GS60 Ghost Pro series, we will be bringing them an exciting product that is one of the best in its category, "said Kalyan Krishnamurthy, SVP - Retail, Flipkart

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Shop now official LIVE at FlipKart!
Msi Store Online - Buy Msi Products Online at Best Price in India - Flipkart.com

*fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQDtyFd8KauK1uak&w=484&h=253&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xap1%2Ft31.0-8%2Fs720x720%2F1965683_865488716795234_2822464737566193058_o.jpg&cfs=1

MSI Shop now official LIVE at FlipKart!
Msi Store Online - Buy Msi Products Online at Best Price in India - Flipkart.com

*fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQDtyFd8KauK1uak&w=484&h=253&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-xap1%2Ft31.0-8%2Fs720x720%2F1965683_865488716795234_2822464737566193058_o.jpg&cfs=1

I have a question, can we buy laptops for same channel partners which are dealing with MSI Motherboards and graphic cards instead of buying online?

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

I have a question, can we buy laptops for same channel partners which are dealing with MSI Motherboards and graphic cards instead of buying online?

I suggest to buy from Flipkart for convenience. Our partners are only present in New Delhi and Bangalore.

HauntedGuy

Broken In
Greetings!
I've been away from the forums for a while. Glad to see MSI is finally in India!

Quick question: I've a custom ge40 I got from the UK. Great laptop so far, apart from the moderately high heating while heavy gaming, but I guess thats a given for the 14" chassis. Anyway, if I ever needed a spare(or higher capacity) battery for the same, do you think I will be able to find it in India? The battery model is BTY-M46, 11.1V

Edit: btw, any chance the ge40 will make it here? A couple of my friends really liked it and might be interested.

Last edited:
OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Greetings!
I've been away from the forums for a while. Glad to see MSI is finally in India!

Quick question: I've a custom ge40 I got from the UK. Great laptop so far, apart from the moderately high heating while heavy gaming, but I guess thats a given for the 14" chassis. Anyway, if I ever needed a spare(or higher capacity) battery for the same, do you think I will be able to find it in India? The battery model is BTY-M46, 11.1V

Edit: btw, any chance the ge40 will make it here? A couple of my friends really liked it and might be interested.

Thank so much for patronizing MSI gaming. Regarding the spare request, you can find our disty Acro Engineering (saini@amigointernational.biz) or Mrig Technology (amit@mrigtechnologies.com) for the special request to import for you. Usually, it's not common for users to have this request, that's why we don't sell openly in any markets anywhere in the world.

As for GE40, it's bigger brother GE60 is available soon in India. (*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/186721-msi-ge60-gp60-unofficial-announcement.html) Please feel free to drop by the other thread and let your friends know about us too.

For faster communication, you're welcome to follow us at our official Facebook page (*www.facebook.com/MsiIndiaClub)

Cheers!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So, i was checking out Xotic PC, and the base config of this XOTIC PC | MSI GT60 Dominator-424 - Custom 15.6" Gaming Laptop looks more VFM than the GS60 2PE Ghost Pro and should cost under 1.1 Lakh including shipping and customs (priced at $1337 and cheaper than GS60 2PL Ghost :lol: ). It also has 2 Year MSI US/Canada Parts & Labor 1 Year Global Warranty w/ Lifetime Tech Support + 1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty (Requires Registration within 30 Days from Ship Date) (SKU - WTY007)

Given the above, my question is will MSI honour warranty in India [MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION]?

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So, i was checking out Xotic PC, and the base config of this XOTIC PC | MSI GT60 Dominator-424 - Custom 15.6" Gaming Laptop looks more VFM then the GS60 2PE Ghost Pro and should cost under 1.1 Lakh including shipping and customs (priced at $1337 and cheaper than GS60 2PL Ghost :lol: ). It also has 2 Year MSI US/Canada Parts & Labor 1 Year Global Warranty w/ Lifetime Tech Support + 1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty (Requires Registration within 30 Days from Ship Date) (SKU - WTY007)

Given the above, my question is will MSI honour warranty in India [MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION]?

GTX 900M series is out in US.
XOTIC PC | MSI GT60 Dominator-1065 - 15.6" Gaming Notebook with GTX 970M

That laptop outperforms Alienware 17 with GTX 880m.

- - - Updated - - -

Still below 1 L.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Looking at what's on offer at xoticpc, it often feels like a crime to buy laptops in India.

Considering services like steam where you can get software licenses at incredible prices; same as what people in the US pay; I do wish it had also applied to hardware.... Sigh!

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that they are not offering a warranty in that case.

Yes, warranty can be honored if bought in elsewhere outside of India but is chargeable, meaning not everything is free. (parts is free but service is not) This is a correction to the previous comment as our partner is up and running now.

- - - Updated - - -

So, i was checking out Xotic PC, and the base config of this XOTIC PC | MSI GT60 Dominator-424 - Custom 15.6" Gaming Laptop looks more VFM than the GS60 2PE Ghost Pro and should cost under 1.1 Lakh including shipping and customs (priced at $1337 and cheaper than GS60 2PL Ghost :lol: ). It also has 2 Year MSI US/Canada Parts & Labor 1 Year Global Warranty w/ Lifetime Tech Support + 1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty (Requires Registration within 30 Days from Ship Date) (SKU - WTY007)

You can see from the Xotic description that MSI honor warranty only (parts and labor for a year) the other services are provided by Xotic themselves already. No channel partners of any vendors in India can do this type of service even if we wanted them to apply this. Hope you can understand this.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at what's on offer at xoticpc, it often feels like a crime to buy laptops in India.

Considering services like steam where you can get software licenses at incredible prices; same as what people in the US pay; I do wish it had also applied to hardware.... Sigh!

US prices are always and has been cheaper than ALL countries around the world, in Taiwan/China where it is made, prices are also higher. So please dont feel bad. Life's like this.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Yes, warranty can be honored if bought in elsewhere outside of India but is chargeable, meaning not everything is free. (parts is free but service is not) This is a correction to the previous comment as our partner is up and running now.
So, that means MSi India will provide the warranty (With the above Terms & Conditions)

But...

The Laptop needs to be from MSi's USA Outlet and NOT from Xotic PC --> XOTIC PC | MSI GT60 Dominator-424 - Custom 15.6" Gaming Laptop

This is What I can make out ! Right. ? :)

You can see from the Xotic description that MSI honor warranty only (parts and labor for a year) the other services are provided by Xotic themselves already. No channel partners of any vendors in India can do this type of service even if we wanted them to apply this. Hope you can understand this.

Please let us all know that from which US Store(s) a Purchase "when" done for an MSi Laptop, will be entitled for Repairs (if reqd. in future).

Will buying from MSi's Official USA Website be beneficial ?
and/or
Newegg.com
and/or
Amazon.com

??

Cheers n e-peace...

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

So, that means MSi India will provide the warranty (With the above Terms & Conditions)

But...

The Laptop needs to be from MSi's USA Outlet and NOT from Xotic PC --> XOTIC PC | MSI GT60 Dominator-424 - Custom 15.6" Gaming Laptop

This is What I can make out ! Right. ? :)

Please let us all know that from which US Store(s) a Purchase "when" done for an MSi Laptop, will be entitled for Repairs (if reqd. in future).

Will buying from MSi's Official USA Website be beneficial ?
and/or
Newegg.com
and/or
Amazon.com

??

Cheers n e-peace...

It's not about where to buy in US, as long as it's authorized MSI reseller is fine. Xotic PC is abit special case as they customize and provide special service on their behalf, which means that it do not come from MSI.

As our Indian after service partner Aforeserve will only stock on current MSI gaming models available in India, (GS60/GE60/GP60), we strongly recommend to buy locally to support the function in India.

An honest reply is that, if everyone will just buy overseas, our Indian subsidiary will die out and after service will terminate. So it's recommended to buy locally to sustain this facility.

Thank you for understanding our predicament.

Rohan Rathi

Mega Noob
Hey, Rhyansy!

I've a question hope you'll clear it out. Will the base model of msi laptops be available?? As in laptops without SSD's or a smaller HDD?
Really hope that base models will be available at retail stores if not online!

Reply ASAP, thanks.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Hey, Rhyansy!

I've a question hope you'll clear it out. Will the base model of msi laptops be available?? As in laptops without SSD's or a smaller HDD?
Really hope that base models will be available at retail stores if not online!

Reply ASAP, thanks.

HI there. If you're looking for entry MSI Gaming NBs, please check GP60 (MSI Laptops - Buy MSI Laptops & Notebooks Online at Best Prices in India) It's available at Flipkart already.

As for other mainstream NBs, which models are you looking for?

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

Get a free Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset and a Kinzu Mouse when you NOW buy an MSI gaming laptop at Flipkart! Limited supply! Conditions apply (MSI Laptops - Buy MSI Laptops & Notebooks Online at Best Prices in India)

*www.firegamers.com.br/imagens/firegamers.com.br/produtos/00_Fones/Steel_Sib_V2_Red/v2_red_3.jpg

*www.thepcharbor.com/shop/2435-11232-thickbox/steelseries-kinzu-v2-pro-edition-optical-mouse.jpg

Top Bottom