MSI India GS60 Ghost Pro/Ghost Launching Announcement

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
The price of all MSI laptops on flipkart have suddenly been jacked up by an average of 15k inr. Is this some kind of a joke? Never seen such price fluctuations in any other brand before. Was thinking of getting a gs60 ghost end of this year. Now I guess MSI is off my list. Seriously disappointing guys at MSI/flipkart. Your customers are not stupid you know...

The price fluctuation is a common practice in India. We have constantly advised Flipkart to do so otherwise. If all brands prices are like stock market in India, we cannot help but sympatise for Indian users.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a bad decision. The promo has been sitting there for a month now and suddenly jack up the price? Bad marketing strategy IMHO. Really MSI just lost a customer in me. I was serious about getting the gs60. Been saving money for a year now.... Sigh.

Let me explain this, once we sold something to our channel partners, prices cannot revert back. The freebies are coming from MSI pocket without additional charge to channel partners. Our promotions are ruined because doing business in India is so difficult. It's the problematic stock market style of Indian prices and other issues that is the problem. MSI is hear to listen, but bigger systematic local problem is very sad state of affairs.

It's not that I as rep of MSI is defending our company. As my job, am here to help Indian customers to my extend. It's out of my league to control the various systematic problem in India. I may be here temporarily only, but at least I tried my best to help and bring the best out of MSI being a good employee.

Please, all I ask is being more considerate. Am a person too just like all of you.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Well rhyansy I understand what MSI is trying to do here. That quality matters more to MSI. And hence I was considering getting an apache pro even though it is 20k costlier than a y50. Reason being since this is a one time investment I would rather go with quality. But if as you say it is flipkart who keep fluctuating prices like this, it becomes difficult for customers like us who are not rich and don't have money on the go but were saving up for a good investment. I had faith in MSI reason being you taking a step to release quality components here in India. And unlike alienware keeping the prices reachable (excluding some models/I still feel gs60 ones are overpriced) .

I sure do hope to see MSI as a permanent brand in India. We are seriously lacking in quality hardware. But at the same time, there needs to be a price balance from MSI to take a stand in the market.

The price fluctuation is a common practice in India. We have constantly advised Flipkart to do so otherwise. If all brands prices are like stock market in India, we cannot help but sympatise for Indian users.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me explain this, once we sold something to our channel partners, prices cannot revert back. The freebies are coming from MSI pocket without additional charge to channel partners. Our promotions are ruined because doing business in India is so difficult. It's the problematic stock market style of Indian prices and other issues that is the problem. MSI is hear to listen, but bigger systematic local problem is very sad state of affairs.

It's not that I as rep of MSI is defending our company. As my job, am here to help Indian customers to my extend. It's out of my league to control the various systematic problem in India. I may be here temporarily only, but at least I tried my best to help and bring the best out of MSI being a good employee.

Please, all I ask is being more considerate. Am a person too just like all of you.

Err, I still think that MSI should go dealer route rather than online one. If you sell, say 50 units to a distributor, then (unlike RAM or other fast selling components), prices, theoretically, and in practice, will remain nearly constant. The distributor, then will not consider exchange values and etc etc, and will just add margin and taxes over it. Although I accept that there is issue "margin", but it will be less than sudden 15k increase in price. Same route is followed by Asus. (I have seen dealer prices less than that of online prices, specifically with their ROG series.)

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Err, I still think that MSI should go dealer route rather than online one. If you sell, say 50 units to a distributor, then (unlike RAM or other fast selling components), prices, theoretically, and in practice, will remain nearly constant. The distributor, then will not consider exchange values and etc etc, and will just add margin and taxes over it. Although I accept that there is issue "margin", but it will be less than sudden 15k increase in price. Same route is followed by Asus. (I have seen dealer prices less than that of online prices, specifically with their ROG series.)
It will happen provided MSI are here to stay like Asus. In which case they surely will put up showrooms or sell via dealers. Hopefully.

OP
rhyansy

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
It will happen provided MSI are here to stay like Asus. In which case they surely will put up showrooms or sell via dealers. Hopefully.

Yes, offline partners will happen just that business dealings are very slow. Online dealing was faster and easier to reach more people and that's what you see now.

Top Bottom