[Complaint] MSI Graphic card RMA - Solved

jasku

In the zone
Traumatic experience mate, my sympathies, and puts me in fear cause I own a MSI based GPU.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Ive been reading you past warranty experiences and i have to say you have had worse experiences than this.. Im sure you will work it out :) Good luck .. and avoid MSI in the future.. it seems they arent what they used to be in the past..

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
update : got a mail from arjun pal of msi that their SC has found no issue with the vga card.

Sent him a mail with all the points why I won't accept the repaired card.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Arjun Pal called me at 11 AM yesterday and said all he has mailed me but I insisted on replacement so he said he will give me a exact same model "not new" but with different serial number.

And about the serial number sticker issue he said every vga card has one external and one internal serial so even if for some reason the sn sticker is not present on the card there should not be any trouble in Rma it. Don't how true it is.

Btw, I've a doubt what if he hands me over the old card with a new serial number sticker though he told me he will arrange the replacement from buffer stock.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
This is the only area where a company rating is judged not by its product's performance but by its own performance.

From now on while suggesting a configuration it should be a mandatory point to mention the A.S.S. of the company.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
mailed brian to know if arjun is telling the right thing about the serial no and mailed arjun on how to find the so called internal serial ?

But, the most strange thing is when I go to digicare website to check the rma status using the call id/ rma no. I am getting no matches found message. So I think something very fishy is going on or they are in the process of hand me back the old card with new serial number?

d3p

PowerHouse
MSI is known for their extremely good service support. Hope they continue with it.

You Sir, sound like a Marketing Guy or Unauthorised PR ??

@TopGear : PM me your Card Serial Number & Bill Invoice details. I have some contacts with Digicare. I can try.

But, the most strange thing is when I go to digicare website to check the rma status using the call id/ rma no. I am getting no matches found message. So I think something very fishy is going on or they are in the process of hand me back the old card with new serial number?

If you have given your mail id, then you will get notification of the card status. Never expect them to update these stuffs over internet. They are quite lazy to do so.

Don't worry, as long as you have a RMA Slip & Bill Invoice, you are safe. In case anything goes wrong, we can Put a BAN on MSI Products in India. We just know how to do so.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks for the reply and I'll contact you if needed.

Anyway, Brian and Arjun both replied but Arjun got angry and he called me up. Started with english and then hindi and told a lot of stuff like I don't trust him and other craps like why do I always have to double check with hq etc. Anyway, I only replied here's no question of trust and I was only looking for information., that's all.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sent a mail to the head of digicare east on Friday around 6PM about the call id and got a reply around at 7 pm that the card is ready to dispatch and I can pick it up. So went to Digicare yesterday to get the card .. here' some shots :

*i.imgur.com/cqJatvR.jpg?1
*i.imgur.com/HEb15PA.jpg?1
*i.imgur.com/16K6KrL.jpg?1

*i.imgur.com/aXVBTjm.jpg?1
*i.imgur.com/CG0UBGU.jpg?1
*i.imgur.com/7ARzqWt.jpg?1

And thanks to all for supporting me through out this ;-)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Congrats, because someone from Chennai now facing a similar issue and his GPU was sent to Kolkata :p

Eh I am getting too old for this! :p

Top Bottom