[Complaint] MSI Graphic card RMA - Solved

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
no .. the card has exact same s/n and besides I know my old card very well ;-)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Actually MSI does have repair/Replacement warranty, not replacae warranty like Corsair. My old MSI 890GXM once had a South Bridge issue and they repaired it within 1 week.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually MSI does have repair/Replacement warranty, not replacae warranty like Corsair. My old MSI 890GXM once had a South Bridge issue and they repaired it within 1 week.

yeah, right .. hope that their quality of repair work is good enough.

gpu worked fine for less than a week and I'm having issue with the gfx card .. the gfx card works OK until I start gaming and when any game loads the screen just shows corrupt textures ( yellow gray type ) everywhere or the whole screen would split into creating a mirror type effect ( checked on both win 8 and win 7 ).... so the quality of the repair work is really very bad :-(

Gollum

Collector
gpu worked fine for less than a week and I'm having issue with the gfx card .. the gfx card works OK until I start gaming and when any game loads the screen just shows corrupt textures ( yellow gray type ) everywhere or the whole screen would split into creating a mirror type effect ( checked on both win 8 and win 7 ).... so the quality of the repair work is really very bad :-(

I don't think it was repaired. They don't test games at service center

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it was repaired indeed as everything was running fine for 5 days after the repair work but now again facing issues with the gfx card hence I said the quality of repair work is very bad which did not last even for a week ...

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Actually MSI does have repair/Replacement warranty, not replacae warranty like Corsair.
Corsair doesn't make graphic cards. They make power supplies, coolers, fans, cases and products like SSDs and flash drives where if components are not working the way they should- or at all- replacement is the only choice. No1 has equipments and competency to repair power supplies in India. I am not sure if they repair/replace speakers and headsets, keyboards, etc. but as far as I know others usually replace.

Chances of graphic cards and motherboards before considering replacement due to uncontrollable reasons is still there. Comparison is pointless.

Gollum

Collector
All these seem to be very bad for MSI's reputation
BTW, have you tested another card on your PC? it might be your PC as well [just saying]

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
sure here goes the PM ;-) [ any of the below "thing" is not intended to any forum members and the people who really wanted to help, God Bless ! ]

The last time GB's SC got furious after getting a mail from higher up ( threaten me over over phone ). After lots of drama GB gave me some foul reason that we can only get some old piece with hundreds of scratches as a replacement for a 2+ years old product hope MSI won't act like this.

And one thing I clearly want to mention is due to repeated repair works the card has got a few scratches and the Serial Number Sticker is almost wearing off and that's why I did not accept the repaired card as the SC may not accept next time in such condition. The card is in Digicare's hand for most of the the in past 30 days. Actually I did not get the card in hand after 12th barring only 18th June as on 19th I had to again submit it for servicing.

But Digicare kolkata at-least did acted decently and really tried for replacement and that's why they have written it 3 times now on RMA paper to replace this but for some funny reason "after closing their shop in India [ sarcasm] " MSI is not doing the right thing so my main complaint is against MSI.

BTW, A little Update : Contacted one of the person in MSI HQ [ Brian Chen ] on 27th June with every details and proof . I got a reply within 4 minutes that he will look into this and reply soon .. getting no further update sent a reminder on 29th and today.

Update : Got a update from MSI HQ that they are waiting for reply of local MSI rep. ( Arjun Pal ) and Digicare rep. on this issue.

kartikoli

Busy!!
BTW, A little Update : Contacted one of the person in MSI HQ [ Brian Chen ] on 27th June with every details and proof . I got a reply within 4 minutes that he will look into this and reply soon .. getting no further update sent a reminder on 29th and today.

Update : Got a update from MSI HQ that they are waiting for reply of local MSI rep. ( Arjun Pal ) and Digicare rep. on this issue.
lets see what happen next

Top Bottom