Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Deadpool 7/10

Most of the wisecracks were muted by censor board along with few violence scenes.
Has a thin plot and mostly thrives on hype and style.
Along with an underwhelming villain.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Chappie (2015) - 7.5/10
Excellent Heart wrenching and thought provoking movie....Hugh in a negative role

good movie after Real Steel

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Deadpool 7/10

Most of the wisecracks were muted by censor board along with few violence scenes.
Has a thin plot and mostly thrives on hype and style.
Along with an underwhelming villain.

absolutely agreed.

some 70% of the movie is only drama and the usual shyt.

the remaining 30% is good b@kch0di and fun. but 13% in that 30% was shown in the red band trailer.

so was the 17% was worth Rs 87 that i spent??

NO.

oh and did i mention the 15% of that 17% which was censored?? :|

A

amit.tiger12

absolutely agreed.

some 70% of the movie is only drama and the usual shyt.

the remaining 30% is good b@kch0di and fun. but 13% in that 30% was shown in the red band trailer.

so was the 17% was worth Rs 87 that i spent??

NO.

oh and did i mention the 15% of that 17% which was censored?? :|
Are you Felicity's father? Calculator?

Sent from my Lenovo P1ma40 using Tapatalk

icebags

Technomancer
Deadpool : a silky smooth action movie experience. recommended for some adult humor stuff, and action choreography is better than johny handsome.

I Origins : strange movie, artistic, but weird.

pratik385

In the zone
Anyone ?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

I have seen Spotlight, its very good directed movie and story is a disturbing one as you must have read its plot.
Slow movie though, typical for its genre. Deserves - 8/10

Man Up - 7/10
Movie started really well but end was sluggish.
Funny dialogues and good chemistry between lead actors.
Give it a go, i think you will like it. :)

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Revenant 8/10

I guess Leonardo DiCaprio is evolved human / mutant where his body is fast healing and immune to infections ...:p.

And when movie started, I was like.. "my God.. winter is already here" and I later I can't help but it kept me reminding of Bear Grills and his survival guide. Movie pretty much makes sense (apart of DiCaprio immune to infection), it kinds of wraps you in its magnificent cinematography and will kept you glued even though its a long movie . Details in movies are good.. fighting with bear is well executed though you can get feel of CGI at times from action of bear still one of the strongest sequence.

However, after watching it , for a while was disgusted with feeling of life just being an elaborated illusion and so fragile . ;)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
wow. Did not expect Spotlight to actually get the best picture over Mad Max Fury Road. Think as far as cinema is concerned, Mad Max Fury Road should have won. But, kind of glad Spotlight got it because I think it gives out a much bigger message than bringing up catholic church sexual abuse cases, (happened in Ollur, Kerala in India according to credits in movie). It also gives out the message of the importance, and relevance of good journalism.

- - - Updated - - -

also, anyone saw filmfare awards? it was so wannabe meta and sad. Didn't hit. Was very uncomfortable and awkward. I think the biggest fail in their whole approach, was that show was confused on whether it was meant for the tv audience or the people actually attending the ceremony.

Kaltrops

In the zone
wow. Did not expect Spotlight to actually get the best picture over Mad Max Fury Road. Think as far as cinema is concerned, Mad Max Fury Road should have won. But, kind of glad Spotlight got it because I think it gives out a much bigger message than bringing up catholic church sexual abuse cases, (happened in Ollur, Kerala in India according to credits in movie). It also gives out the message of the importance, and relevance of good journalism.

- - - Updated - - -

also, anyone saw filmfare awards? it was so wannabe meta and sad. Didn't hit. Was very uncomfortable and awkward. I think the biggest fail in their whole approach, was that show was confused on whether it was meant for the tv audience or the people actually attending the ceremony.

Did you watch Spotlight? It definitely deserved the award. Mad Max didn't have a prayer.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Solace 6/10

Ho hum!

Anthony Hopkins must have done this for only money! I can't think any other reason for signing up for this movie.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Neerja 7.5/10

Shabana Azmi stole the show at last.
Sonam, well may be not her best role yet.
Slows down post interval.

Must watch for sure. After a long time, saw someone using silence properly.

Top Bottom