Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
lolzz.. what were you expecting, Client East Wood, doing an out and out "Good the bad the ugly" ....:D .... This was one hell of a gem movie and ended as it should.... u obviously picked the wrong movie for the revenge drama .........
Well it said "Clint Eastwood"....I expected the obvious!

I will suggest one for you for your ending full of revenge with blood and all ..... Death Sentence .... if havent seen it already .... do it.... will satisfy your revenge ending fully, guaranteed... :D
Already seen. Nice movie.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Prometheus 6.5/10

Okkk...overwhelmed with the special effects, a 'meh' story and new thread open now to carry forward the franchisee.

Few doubts,
1. How did David know to read the language?
2. How did David know how to open the gates in the alien ship?
3. How did David know what the black substance is?
3.a How did David know how the black substance would impact Charlie (read Human)
3.b Why did David chose Charlie for the infection? Is it random or there were reasons behind this?
4. So the big alien octopus thing is Elizabeth's son/daughter...whatever?
5. If my understanding is correct, the "Engineers" created the aliens to destroy earth but had no measures to kill them? How stupid! On second thought, not stupid. If we accept that we are decedents of "Engineers" we still apply same logic while building warheads.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
3. David knew nothing about the effects. He chose randomly. He wanted to see if immortality was there.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
3. David knew nothing about the effects. He chose randomly. He wanted to see if immortality was there.

I can't agree with you. If he knew nothing why plan to feed it to humans. He's an android but made by humans and I guess with all other knowledges he at some point was informed about mortality of humans. If he had the doubt of immortality...he could have tried to experiment the same on earth.

Again, he just took one drop of the black substance and mixed it in wine. While giving the glass to Charlie he dipped his finger; why not alter the bottle content at first hand. Well, what I'm trying to say is that in that case he could have mixed more liquid in wine. He could never know if one drop would make any effect on humans.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
There was simply not enough time to go back to earth and try. The discovery of immortality was only important to one person who couldn't afford to go back to earth because how little time he had. David IMO was just following the orders, to find out at the earliest what his master wanted.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - Good movie. I am not a big fan of Keira but she is good in it. The movie is very similar to Monsters (2010). I'd recommend Monsters over it.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
OMG - 9/10..kya faadu dialogue/logic hai !

GOW 1- 9/10 Brilliant movie..As I have always said ..AK= Stanley Kubrick of India

English Vinglish - 7/10..somwhat slow in betweeen..although nice movie

Hemlock society 4/10 the movie is here only for the theme.Otherwise it was heading towards must not thread.The theme of this movie is good but the idiot director and the script writer spoiled it all.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Orphanage 7.5/10

Either the movie has very beautiful cinematography or everything looks better in BluRay.

Good story, nice twist and was she hallucinating the dead children?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
A Prophet (2009) - IMDb - 8.5/10.

Barfi! (2012) - IMDb - 4/10. I think I'll be writing a review for Barfi. But still this tweet is enough to sum up the movie.

Barfi was the most self-indulgent twaddle. It needed a good editor to hack of an hour of the film and to make it less convoluted. Oscar, no.

*twitter.com/GeorgeFulton1/status/254879727666462720

Top Bottom