Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Flash

Lost in speed
V for Vendetta - 9/10.

How did I miss this one. Had this movie in my laptop from an year, but never cared to watch.

The dialogues are amazing (hindi dub), which actually make the movie awesome.

There's a lengthy dialogue by V, when he introduces himself to the girl, with full of words starting with the letter "V" in English.. How it was dubbed in Hindi?

Hrishi

^ Am not sure whether it is serious or sarcasm. :p

It'll be either a mistake of sarcasm. Never serious under any circumstances.

You in UK or what ? It is releasing tomorrow here in India ??

THE World's End (2013) - By comparison it is the least good in the cornetto's trilogy but it is still a very powerful film , With good story and some brilliant performances and direction it is both fun and pleasing . A solid 8.5/10

I think he is somewhere in Indonesia . Not in India for sure , can assume that from his Xenom thread.

Flash

Lost in speed
Most of the sequels suck, coz the moviemakers just want to milk the money from people, with the success of first movie.

I loved Krrish for its superhero concept, when it was out years before. After reading the reviews of Krrish 3, i will find it hard to watch this sequel with the same mood of its predecessor..

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Most of the sequels suck, coz the moviemakers just want to milk the money from people, with the success of first movie.

I loved Krrish for its superhero concept, when it was out years before. After reading the reviews of Krrish 3, i will find it hard to watch this sequel with the same mood of its predecessor..

bcoz K3 is a complete copy-pasta

.jRay.

Youngling

I still watch Krrish sometimes (when there'd nothing else on) but Krrish 3 is just too much to digest, its like a sandwich with a lot of cheese in it, you know its bad for you, buy you'll eat it anyway.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Blue Valentine - 7/10 superb acting by Ryan Gosling...the movie is a story of how a couple struggles through, was a good watch.

Watch it alone, has many love making scenes. :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Lucia 9/10, must watch for film buffs, could have made the movie a little shorter, but still a excellent watch. Haven't seen a Kannada movie in ages, my hopes are back in the Kannada industry.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I think he is somewhere in Indonesia . Not in India for sure , can assume that from his Xenom thread.

Correcto ! am in Indonesia, also visible from "location" below my avatar :D

and thats odd that Thor releasing late in India, here in indo its opposite most of the times, movies released a tad bit later than in india. Krrish is here too, as always....but i don't have the courage to waste 476 INR equivalent IDR on this movie.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
There's a lengthy dialogue by V, when he introduces himself to the girl, with full of words starting with the letter "V" in English.. How it was dubbed in Hindi?

It was kind of very poetic, will have to see the movie again to tell you. Will do so maybe today or tomorrow.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Lucia 9/10, must watch for film buffs, could have made the movie a little shorter, but still a excellent watch. Haven't seen a Kannada movie in ages, my hopes are back in the Kannada industry.

I have heard Kannada movies are fos usually . Friends suggested me to watch Mungaru Male and it was surprisingly good . Now Lucia too :)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Captain Phillips-9/10
It's a really amazing movie,One of the best that I have ever seen.
The movie is based on the capture of the US cargo ship by the Somalian Pirates.
If the movie is still running in your local theater just go and see it.

I was pinned down to the seat the whole movie,The acting was Fanatastic,It really felt like I was seeing the real footage.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
The Wolverine 7.5/10 Some good action , plot becomes predictable and sometimes doesn't make any sense . Solid Acting by Hugh Jackman .... this movie sets up Days of future past pretty well...

Bony Claws ..... Get it fixed Logan. Why not put adamantium back on the claws when he was in Japan , it would have been easy for Yashida Industries cause they built a freaking full sized Suit of adamantium

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Wolverine 6/10

The movie has no meaningful plot. Dragged in the middle and the link from drama to climax boss fight is very weak. Why so much drama?

Action scenes are good though.

Someone needs to straight the Wolverine timeline. X-Men initial 3 parts then "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and now this part...all botched the timeline.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I would give Wolverine 5/10. There was not a single interesting character in the movie except for Wolverine. The plot was too been there/seen that to hold my attention and the
revelation at the end was nothing interesting.
. All in all, a very forgettable movie.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
The Wolverine 6/10

The movie has no meaningful plot. Dragged in the middle and the link from drama to climax boss fight is very weak. Why so much drama?

Action scenes are good though.

Someone needs to straight the Wolverine timeline. X-Men initial 3 parts then "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and now this part...all botched the timeline.

Well according to the timeline it is like this : X-Men First Class (somewhere in 1963) , X Men Origins Wolverine (somewhere around 1979) , X-MEN (somewhere around 2010) , X2 (somewhere around 2013) , X Men The Last Stand (somewhere around 2016) , The Wolverine (Somewhere around 2020-21 with the mid credit scene being in 2023 which leads right into Days of future past).

Now Days of future past is said to solve many of the continuity error or explain them . Days of future past takes place in 2023 with wolverine time traveling to 1973 .

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
Thor 2 : 7.5/10
very good depth perception for the story, nicely organized plots with a nice little slow pace. but the villain phailed, so did some of those over fetched humors. eek, the pant scenes were totally unnecessary. *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/42.gif

and as usual, hemsworth was the best cast they could have chosen for Thor. (they should have considered him for Hercules as well, u know, Hercules there looked so puny in trailer)

Wolverine(2009) 8.5/10
an amazing insight of wolverine's life. i kind of always had to sympathize the long lifespan of wolvie's, while he has to keep living all through the centuries, his friends & families always become guests for few moments. this movie kinda nicely presented his file through loss and pain, and also love. *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/20.gif

at the end loss of his memory, always kept me hanging at the question - was it a curse or blessing ?
anyways, it was an amazing movie. :)

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Thor 2 5.5/10

Meh!

Stupid story, stupid villain and too much melodrama for an action movie.
120 minutes of its run-time felt like forever.

Thor 2 last line of the movie is stolen from "DDLJ"...."Ja Simran, jee le apni zindegi"

Top Bottom