Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Have watched couple of Ali G flicks too. I think he also has a third character. I haven't seen any of him yet.

But sometimes Borat/Ali G go overboard. They get too offensive. I am not talking about the movies, but individual episodes as such.

Love the quote : This is my country of Kazakhstan. It locate between Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and a**h*les Uzbekistan.

Lolll

jal_desai

In the zone
Can anyone please suggest me some good sports movies..

Watching "Invincible" as i type.. I have watched couple of good Basketball flicks.. Coach Carter comes to my mind as of now and there was this Rugby flick with Denzel Washington...

Anyways i am feeling totally down and out.. Need heavy inspiration/motivation to pull myself together and get back to Rhythm.. So i thought nothing would be better than Sports movies - being my fav genre..

TAKE THE LEAD - Not a sports movie but will surely make u feel better if u r feeling low... gives u Nitrous

sarkar raj..! 10/10

RGV strikes back!

*****spoiler warning*****

loved the entire movie, except for ash asking for "chai" at the end of the movie when she takes over sarkar's position ! It was lame IMO

so anyone here expecting a third part of the movie?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Saw Sarkar Raj & Indiana Jones yesterday at Adlabs.Enjoyed both of them.Sarkar Raj surprised me actually.I didn't expect much out of this movie but was very gripping.Good performances by Amitabh & rest of the crew.Background score was hard hittting.

Indian Jones was a pretty good movie too.Though the storyline,as always,seemed to be a bit complex.Couldn't figure out the end till now.:(

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Sarkar raj.. is a good movie..
Woodstock villa surprised me.. it is also good..

but the new movie "Aamir" is gr8.. a must watch.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Crap! I knew I should I watched that movie.I told my cousin that it would be a good movie.We could have caught 3 movies back-2-back if we had seen Aamir.Oh! Well may be next time.;)

ajaybc

Youngling
Saving Silverman: Really funny movie.Jack BLack and Steve Zahn are great.A must watch comedy.The story is average.But you cant keep urself from laughing after seeing it.The movie I laughed the most.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
mere baap pehle aap ..the name of the movie... makes me feel it wont bee good :D ..but let us not make assumptions.. maybe it will be good

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Did you guys find Borat: Cultural learnings of America for make benefit glorious nation of Kazakhstan funny? I did. Especially the first half. Second was a bit dragged. The name itself cracks me up. Must admit, Sasha Cohen is a genius. Though I haven't had enough of him yet.
Borat is funny :D

Watched The Teeth, Paths of Glory and The Usual Suspects

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
10,000 BC - Was strictly OK. Script was somewhat like Apocalypto. CGIs were good but not great.

Definitely, Maybe - Love story with a 'who's that girl? - mystery' factor...worth one watch.

Jimmy - Watched Jimmy again! Well, not whole movie but only Mimoh's scenes. Quite a treat!....reminded me of Puru Rajkumar in Bal Bramhachari (1996). Guys, do watch Bal Bramhachari atleast once, incase you don't have access to Mithun movies. Its equally effecive. Puru was awesome.

A Moment to remember - Watched again with a friend. My friend ended up crying! I mean literally! Now, thats what I call a power of the movie!

Next on the list - Oscar winning documentary - The Story of the Weeping Camel. It is highly recommended by my friend.

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
My friend has the following movies with him. Can anybody suggest which one is better of these?
1. The Eye
2. Untraceable
3. The Kingdom
4. Saw 4
5. Grizzly Park
6. Meet the Spartans
7. Blonde and Blonder

Dipen01

Youngling
Quiz Show - Decent movie with Ralph Fiennes, Rob Morrow. Its about the TV Scandal in 50's.. Its a period movie and adaptation is pretty good.

GameAddict

In the zone
My friend has the following movies with him. Can anybody suggest which one is better of these?
1. The Eye
2. Untraceable
3. The Kingdom
4. Saw 4
5. Grizzly Park
6. Meet the Spartans
7. Blonde and Blonder

3. The Kingdom

4. Saw 4

Absolutely avoid no.6.

GA

S